Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Clafgan suggestion

=VG= Renainn

Semler,
I know you have been hard at work on the mission, I had a thought about spawning last night.
When I had logged onto the clafgan server last night, the mission was messed up. The helo used to transport to Camp Branca and do HALO jumps from was not in the correct place and the pilot was out of the helo. Thus it could not be used for transport.

My thought is this. Is it possible to make a sign post that can be clicked on the get the transport to places like Camp Branca and the FOB? I can understand why the HALO jump stays with the helo, but the others are kind of static places.

This map is great and loads of fun by the way!
Dave

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the original teleport was tied to a flagpole (it can be attached to any object). I think Semler's idea was to have it be more 'realistic' in that you don't just warp to another location.. the chopper 'takes' you there.

I assume the chopper had moved due to someone crashing into it or hitting it with another vehicle perhaps?

Already been fixed. Wrapping up a 20 hour session, long overdue hotfixes and incomplete ideas now implemented. Final mission testing as of this writing; v0.94 should be live on the server within the hour.

New Changelog:

<br />---- 1/17/2011 v0.94 by (TFOR) =VG= CLAfghan COOP Project Team: =VG= SemlerPDX;<br /> =VG= Poffadder; =VG= SavageCDN; and cuel.<br />- FIXED: C130J and CH-47 Statics Were respawning in multiple numbers<br /> - Added if(!isServer) to respawn init<br />- FIXED: Players All teleported to Sniper Training Range, PushBack Teleport Triggers Removed<br />- FIXED: Spelling, Grammer on all texts, notes, and notice boards<br />- REMOVED: bon_settings For pressing T to change View Distance <br />- Not working 100%, and conflicts with RMM NVG<br />- ADDED: View Distance and Terrain Detail Scripts by Sinky. Copyright (C) 2011 Sinky<br />- ADDED: RMM NVG by Rommell; is NVG Brightness Adjuster on PgUp, PgDwn.<br /> End toggles Auto-Adjust Mode<br />- ADDED: Officers can Skip current Mission via Map Radio Command<br />- ADDED: New Config Class: tfor_canExtract is Snipers, Crewmen, Pilots, Officers - <br />can use Map Radio 002 for teleport "extract" to South Airfield,<br /> must be high in hills, >1000m and on ground.<br />- FIXED: Tank Mission spawned tanks on hillsides; will now drive to AO, sometimes long travel time.<br />- FIXED: NEFlag "UH60M MEV" was flying off when current mission AO was also Camp Branca.  <br />  Removed Camp Branca from Mission Possible Locations List.<br />- FIXED: Helicopters weren't servicing fully at Service Stations. see next:<br />- ADDED: Xeno's Vehicle Service Script<br />- FIXED: Ammo Boxes did not dispense ammo/weapons<br />- ADDED: Pistols to many preset weapons kits like snipers, riflemen, and AT soldiers.<br /> SD Kits will have SD pistol. (only one type available in mission)<br />- ADDED: Graceful Teleport to MHQ via South Airfield UH60M MEV;<br /> goes to current location of Stryker MEV<br />- ADDED: Above Sea Level Meter (in feet) to ParaJumpers Altimeter<br />- ADDED: Small Side Missions Hidden throughout Map;<br /> effect certain available skills/assets of OPFOR side<br />- MOVED: Lightpole at Camp Branca - todo: add on/off switches<br />- ADDED: Many Ambient and Functional Base items to South Airfield<br />- ADDED: Ability for Camo Net to be deployed over MHQ; this makes it invisible to OPFOR,<br />  and Vehicle Fuel is 0 when Net Deployed<br />- ADDED: Gcam by Gigan; Only available to certain Admins who produce Arma Videos<br />

• 3 weeks later...
Is the sniper air strike and plt comm artillery switched off or bugged at the moment?
Air strike gives a can't see the laser message, and yes it's switched on, and Arty just does nothing.

Also, may be worth considering limiting the A-10s to only one active at a time if possible. Bit overkill when there are 2 or more up at once.

Newest update should resolve many of these issues! Glad you've had a chance to play it, Calv! So happy you've stuck around since our venture into ACE Insurgency was canned. We have ACE/ACRE on the horizon, as you may know, but we wish to get a Vanilla version of this mission up for the masses first.
!cheers

Regarding the new mission with the AO not showing for pilots/crewmen.
It seems that when you join the server the current AO doesn't show, which I assume is working as intended, but when the current task is complete, the next AO red circle or ? appears on the map but obviously without any of the task information. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Possible bug:
Was moving the mhq via chinook lift, as I lowered it down near the AO and released it, maybe 20m off the ground, the mhq teleported to an area near the bottom left of the map. May have been caused by the area I was releasing it in not being completely clear.
Ended up having to use the teleport to mhq option and satchel charging it.

Bandage system: Not sure if it is working as intended yet. Noticed that after receiving a bad wound and getting the info about using a tourniquet after applying a bandage. I healed at a MASH then a short while later started to bleed again, healed at the MHQ, and again a short while later started to bleed again.