Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

ARMA 2 FREE

Guest DTRON

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhh, first I pay $50 for ARMA II a month before Operation Arrowhead came out, then Steam brought ARMA II's price down to $20, and now they're making it free. And I haven't even gotten five minutes into the campaign, especially now that I really only play OA...bleeeeergh.

My personal irritation over being slapped across the back of the head with the wet towel of fate isn't enough for me to say a minimized version of ARMA II for free is a bad thing though. Pretty groovy idea actually, especially when the amount of content contained even in this broken down version of ARMA II is ten times greater than the average amount of content contained in a DLC package for mainstream games that you have to pay $10 for. In short; woo hoo, go Bohemia Interactive.

So there will be scads of new players for Arma2 jumping online...what about VG putting up a training server to help newbies (one with some good missions for learning the ropes). We could attract lots of new players and get the VG name out there... just a thought

BernardTheBeast LAN_WROTE ...

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhh, first I pay $50 for ARMA II a month before Operation Arrowhead came out, then Steam brought ARMA II's price down to $20, and now they're making it free. And I haven't even gotten five minutes into the campaign, especially now that I really only play OA...bleeeeergh.

My personal irritation over being slapped across the back of the head with the wet towel of fate isn't enough for me to say a minimized version of ARMA II for free is a bad thing though. Pretty groovy idea actually, especially when the amount of content contained even in this broken down version of ARMA II is ten times greater than the average amount of content contained in a DLC package for mainstream games that you have to pay $10 for. In short; woo hoo, go Bohemia Interactive.

It's like when I spent a load of money on the BF2 addons and then they released them for free :P

The normal insurgency server is pretty noob friendly and easy to get started on.
When I first tried multiplayer the first server I tried was running Domination, and it was a pain because it tended to end up everyone doing their own thing and no communication.

Luckily I stumbled upon the VG insurgency server and it was perfect for starting out.
Due to starting out in a squad it was just a case of following the SL around and trying not to get hit, the basics of the mission are easy to pick up, and the spawn system helps you stick with the team.

• 2 months later...
Free Arma has no HD,no single player and no Mod support...
But it's worth trying just to get in the swing of it before you go out and buy it.
Had a few friends go out and bought it after trying the free one. But MP is scary for noobs! I remember when I started OFP back in the day... Then all the Mods... Jeez I still can't get ACE working! It looks awesome really wish I could get it working. Anyone?

Dman and SemlerPDX are the ACE/ACRE masters... have you tried to install it and it gives you an error? Also are you using Six-Updater?

http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html

@Suomi.. Arma2 seems to go on sale a lot...right now on sale at Sprocket:

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/?banner_tag=BI_A2_SPROCKET