=VG= Kavelenko

VAC software recomendations

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm looking at using Voice Activation Software to manage my communications with the Tower, AWACS and AI team mates. Anyone had any experience doing this and can you recommend a decent program that I can install?

cheers,

Kav

Thanks Semler,

That works well, worth the $10 to register.

You'll obviously have no trouble finding the comms hotkeys and/or create simple macros for these commands, so there will be keypresses and you'll need to know those keys.

Then there's the actual "call" commands for each action - of course you can make it a full sentence(s) "Request Landing Clearance" and that will work just great.  But if you want a wee bit more variety and options to how you say that, you can add a few dynamic choices for VA to recognize, and also a few recognition inclusions for words that "sound like" words in your command so you don't find yourself repeating your command over and over.  Here's my request landing command -- the asterisk* at the beginning means that ANYTHING I say that ends with this bit will register like,

"Osan Tower this is Cowboy 1-1, requesting landing clearance"

*[request;requesting] [Clarence;clearance] to land [over;];*[request;requesting] [lending;landing] [Clarence;clearance;] [over;]

//this is what happens when I call that command:
Press T key and hold for 0.065 seconds and release
Pause 0.25 seconds
Press 2 key and hold for 0.065 seconds and release

**BE SURE TO USE PAUSES BETWEEN KEYPRESSES!  At least 0.050 and sometimes as long as 0.50 depending on the game -- some games can run super fast macros, some are old and need longer pauses.

Explanation of Symbols and Structure of a Dynamic Command such as the one above:

;                                 <- a semicolon is a separator meaning "or" so that you can have more than one choice for command word(s) or sentence(s).  Note that either of those dynamic statements will call the command.
^ABOVE IT IS HIGHLIGHTED IN RED! 

[word1;word2]       <- either word can be used, but at least ONE of them must be spoken

[word1;word2;]      <- either word can be used, or neither at all

*request landing   <- any sentence ending with "request landing" will execute this command

request landing*   <- any sentence beginning with "request landing" will execute this command

So, there's much depth in Voice Attack, and I hope this little bit prepares you for the few things you'll like to do for your Falcon BMS voice commands.  Any questions, feel free to ask!  Good luck!  :drinks:

Yeah I've loaded most of the commands as they appear in the pop dialog boxes for now and then I'll edit/shorten the commands to something easier to say.

e.g. Landing on the carrier, final approach, actual command.

Harrier 1-1, request runway, I have the ball, hook down, three green.

Doing the speech recognition tutorial a few times helps too.

59 minutes ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Harrier 1-1, request runway, I have the ball, hook down, three green.

*request runway*
^using that as a command for "When I say..."  will make it so that any sentence that CONTAINS those words will fire the desired command.  Note the asterisks on either side of the entire sentence.  Very similar to the example I posted before.

It's also worth noting that the developer of Voice Attack states that wildcards using asterisks like I've shown are "somewhat unsupported" and therefore can be problematic - care should be taken whenever using them.  The actual quote from the guide:

The reason it is 'somewhat unsupported' is basically because it is not a terribly reliable feature and was added as an attempt to give a little bit more flexibility, especially in the areas of immersion. Your mileage may vary. Good luck, captain!

Yes I've taken your advice and added a pause between calls for each command.

For the moment I'm entering the default commands as listed but will strip them back to either one or two words per command.