Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project "Schaaper Mike"

Brain

"And now for something completely different"

I've hinted at it already, but I'm doing a musician type thingy. Currently I'm going through the process of sorting my project folder and uploading anything remotely valuable to my Dropbox account.
It's rough in every way and very much WIP. Coming up with ideas is easy, polishing things not so. I also suck big time at mastering, so if you got an EQ handy you might need to use it. Some tracks are best listened to on headphones. You have been warned!

Schaaper Mike WIP @ Dropbox

Could tell you more about the songs, but I don't think anybody really cares :music:

• Upvote 6

@Brain Great work!

Don't know if it was intentional but the songs had a definite "retro" feel and for some reason every song reminded of the old 8/16 bit games I used to play when I first started gaming...

Miss my Gameboy Colour... :mellow:

/EDIT: Brain - I'd happily volunteer to quote "Bollocks" in my British accent for you!

• Upvote 2

When not roaming the local woods, I spent my childhood between a respectable amount of Lego, scale models and an Atari ST1040.

I got a strong connection with 8-bit music and I like applying tricks from the old days to new music. How could something like this not leave an ever lasting impression on you? ;)
If people tell me I got an overly aggressive retro OST vibe going on, I'm not at all surprised. If anything, I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for that one kick ass game deserving such a soundtrack (Aquanox 3? Descent 4? The next best mech game?) :D

"Not my cup of tea" ... no worries. It does a good job at pleasing me and pleasing anybody else is 'just' a welcome bonus. Thx for your endurance though ;)

I christened my brand new head phones with your song "Fones are Phunny"

1st: FINALLY a new headset! ;) Got mine replaced with no hassle, even got 1.50 back in return ^^
2nd: It's actually a reference to "Rocko's modern life". In episode S3E10 "Wacky Deli" Heffer says "Telephones are funny" and somewhere else they visit an animation studio. There, dozens of people draw one single telephone from every angle. I don't know what it is, but telephones really seem to be funny in the mind of somebody.
The main synth reminded me of a telephone, so I added a real telephone sample and gave it it's new name.
3rd: that's what I mean by "Could tell you more about the songs, but (...)"
4th: if this headset is only remotely good, that song must have been .... an experience.

• 4 weeks later...