Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Is is possible to disable map and kick -voting?

Sledgehammer

When people start mapvote's it will eventually make the PR Coop server crash. Still for some reason when someone starts a vote everyone else initiate voting as well. Secondly I noticed there is a bug in current PR version; at random kickvotes are started by players, but it isn't actually done by a player. I saw this happen on maps like Pavlovsk Bay and Beirut.

I wonder why these features aren't turned off yet. Is it possbile to disable these vote options on the PR Coop server or is there a reason for leaving them enabled?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's basically there to give players the chance to change a map when no admins are on. Like if there is 5 people on Tad Sae, ain't no fool wants to play that. So they can vote out. Same thing for kick votes.

Vote bug happens quite often, starting a new vote when every time somebody joins the server.

Ok, I understand that VG gives the players more control this way when there is no admin around. The idea is great, but what I have seen so far is that voting almost never works. I just want to share my thought of maybe disabling the vote options permanently in order to keep the server up. Maybe there is anyone or an admin that thinks this way as well? Is it time for a change perhaps? Thanks for youre replies Melon and Whitewolf, much appreciated!

I dunno man, when the server pop is low like under 10 people vote is needed big time, and can quite often work, it's when server pop gets high it seems hard to pass them.

I remember before i had power to turn it back on it would annoy me when an admin would come get us onto a map then lock and forget to unlock before they left. For example we'd play something like Karbala then the map goes to Lashkar Valley, with less then 10 people that sucks, you just spend 3 hours fighting over 2 flags and dying from mass gunfire in trees. If the map then had something like Charlies Point after that it'd get even worse, people also see a hard map with not many people on and won't join. In those times i would actually wish for a server crash.

Sometimes going from a ~5-10 man shitfest to something easy like Kashan as Canadians can double or more the server pop.

This is all just just my opinion though and i'm not trying to speak on VG's Behalf.