Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

DCS A-10C Warthog released

Guest Chaz

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=67745

DUXFORD, UK, February 21, 2011 ? The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics now offer ?DCS: A-10C Warthog? as a digital download for $59.99.

Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog" at:
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...eries/warthog/

"DCS: A-10C Warthog" is a PC simulation of the U.S. premier Close Air Support attack aircraft. This is the second aircraft in the DCS series, following DCS: Black Shark, and raises the bar even higher in the DCS series. Warthog brings the most realistic PC simulation of a modern fixed wing combat aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, avionics, sensors, and weapon systems. You also have the option to play Warthog in "Game" mode for a casual game experience. Fly missions in the Caucuses region of the Black Sea against and with a wide array of air, land and sea forces with new and improved intelligence. Create your own missions and campaigns with the included Mission and Campaign Editors, and fly with and against friends online using the included online game browser.

Key Features:
? Fly the A-10C ?Warthog? in either realistic or game modes.
? Fly missions in Georgia and Russia.
? Interactive training missions shallow the learning curve dramatically.
? Rich campaigns and single missions included.
? Multiplayer cooperative and head-to-head.
? Mission and Campaign editors allow user created content.
? The most realistic flight dynamics ever done for a PC simulation.
? Huge array of land, air and sea units to flight along and against.
? Ability to command ground forces during missions with radio commands.
? Fully interactive Forward Air Controller (FAC) that helps you find targets.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...efault?=en

System recommendation
Operating system: 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, and 7
Processor: CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
Memory: 4GB
Hard disk space: 7 GB
Video: Shader 3.0 or better; 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT DirectX 9.0c or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
DirectX®: 9.0C

About The Fighter Collection:
The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit our websites: http://www.fighter-collection.com/

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bones, I would do a clean install. I believe the key you have from Beta is THE key to use in the final version.

I am going to wait to download it, probably try tomorrow. Everyone and their grandma is downloading it now and getting 50kb/sec! Blud, maybe you can privately host the files if you finish downloading it today/tonight?? (One thing that has always annoyed me about Eagle Dyanmics are their SLOW files servers.)

Hopefully they will release a patch in the future to allow mutliplayer between Black Shark and A-10!

Chaz LAN_WROTE ...

Bones, I would do a clean install. I believe the key you have from Beta is THE key to use in the final version.

Kewl! I wonder if they will reset the number of "Activations" for the serial key then back to 7 as I have used a few of them due to rebuilding my rig several times.

Downloaded it last night via torrent and surprisingly got it over night. Took this bitch up for a test fight early this morning before work and all I can say is: FUCK YES. !rockon

I don't have the fastest rig (see my sig), but A-10C runs very smooth at respectable frame rates with most settings on High at 1920X1080. Down low, near the airport, cities: 20-35 fps, up high 40-55.

Yeah I played some last night and it runs really really well.

Word of caution though, plan on spending a lot of time getting your controls\keymaps\HOTAS just right. With so much depth and realism involved in all the avionics\weapon systems there are a ton of keystrokes you need to memorize. I think I clocked in about 3 hours last night and I still don't have everything mapped out.

I believe that this is the most complicated sim I have yet to fly. It is certainly going to take many many flight hours to get proficient with everything that this sims capable of.