Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

ArmA 2 Vietnam SIGNUP Friday 27/07/12

chrisi123

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just post here.. make sure you are using Six-updater and download and install the mods listed in the first post. Also make sure you have TeamSpeak3 and join our server!!

Hey bu!! Nice to see you sign up on the website!!

Mods server patched to 1.62 and VTE/UNSUNG mods running

ok guys i am very sorry about all the confusion going on here! i was away yesterday and returned today. seems like there are some questions and i am going to update the post so everyone is ok. so again the event will be on friday the 27. of july 2012 hehe.

@ blud haha didn't know that sorry. but this time we are going to play the us army!

@poff yeah the mods are on the server i think but not the mission. going to do my last tests today and then it's ready to go.

BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

And where did you get this date format? The USMC uses Year, month, day if you care. Just wondering cuz it's weird to me, lol.

Yeah Blud its European I Belive, Or even i think most of the world use it, We use Day, Month, Year Just thought i'd lighten that up if you didnt know, and maybe cared. :D

Gaz LAN_WROTE ...

BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

And where did you get this date format? The USMC uses Year, month, day if you care. Just wondering cuz it's weird to me, lol.

Yeah Blud its European I Belive, Or even i think most of the world use it, We use Day, Month, Year Just thought i'd lighten that up if you didnt know, and maybe cared. :D

Aye, writing year first is often used for record keeping, as when searching for a specific event you will search by year, then month, then day.

The weird one is the standard US method of Month/Day/Year. Makes no sense and just complicates everything. ;)

Calv LAN_WROTE ...

The weird one is the standard US method of Month/Day/Year. Makes no sense and just complicates everything. ;)

Makes no sense?! It's July 26th today. If we said it the other way, we'd have to add a word, (of), as in 26th "of" July.
Hence, July Twenty-Sixth Two Thousand Twelve rolls off the tongue better, faster. Us Americans are all about better/faster.

Halloween is on October 31st and the readout in our date format follows like we say it = 10/31/2012

But I suppose no matter where you are from, what is familiar is familiar, and what isn't, isn't ever gonna be familiar.
!cheers

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Calv LAN_WROTE ...

Makes no sense?! It's July 26th today. If we said it the other way, we'd have to add a word, (of), as in 26th "of" July.
Hence, July Twenty-Sixth Two Thousand Twelve rolls off the tongue better, faster. Us Americans are all about better/faster.

Halloween is on October 31st and the readout in our date format follows like we say it = 10/31/2012

But I suppose no matter where you are from, what is familiar is familiar, and what isn't, isn't ever gonna be familiar.
!cheers

Fair enough, I hadn't considered that Americans weren't clever enough to mentally swap around day/month in their heads. :p

So shouldn't US digital clocks be MM:HH then? So 30:10, as it's typical to say the minutes before the hours.

I think I see your point.

Nah, we actually say the hour first, then minute.
It's Eight O'Six AM right now. (8:06AM)
And our digital readout reads like that. Cleverness doesn't enter into the equation, but familiarity does.
I don't prefer anyone's standard over any other, even my own. I'm just used to it, familiar, of course.
*I do think that smaller to bigger is the most clever - the day/month/year format. I can respect that.

But it would sure be a lot less confusing if standards were global, no matter which one of the formats was chosen for it.

See you all in Vietnam!!
!cheers

I would like anyone who has not already installed these mods, and been on the map before, to arrive in the TS3 channel 30-60 minutes before the event.

There may be troubleshooting problems, or perhaps an installation issue, version conflicts, etc.

We want to get these out of the way well before the event starts. I personally have had to sit out of an event because of such a conflict once, and it sucks! Please take the time to join me in the channel so we can get you all set up before hand.

!fans

We have no info as far as I know as to whether the new TS3 update affects ACRE, good or bad. For the time being, I recommend no one update TS3 yet; if you already have, don't worry.