Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Ghost Recon

lupago

Hey, I have just watched this video and seems like a good coop game (eventhough i am not sure it has that mod xd, just guessing) and I wanted to know if any of you guys is interested in it (i am still reading about it)

I know most of us are going to be focus on ME3 xD (which also has a good coop mod of game that takes a lot of teamplay and coordination, something this comunity has in excess), but anyway you maybe interested in buying it in the future.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calv LAN_WROTE ...

The previous Ghost Recon games have been pretty decent, allowed for some nice planning and tactics, though they have been slowly following the current trend of moving ever closed to a CoD clone.

That's why i am still looking for info, i have never played ghost recon eventhough i know about the game, this video showed me i can find some coop in the game, but dont know how much xD

There was a time, in the Playstation (One) and PS2 days where I played every Tom Clancy/Ghost Recon game that got a half decent review. It pains me to hear they are moving in that "clone" direction that so many are nowadays, but in the past, the series has brought some excellent elements to the FPS shooter genre. I hope that is again the case with this one, despite it's "generic" elements they included to keep up with other popular franchises. I'll have to check this one out thoroughly now - you've got me interested!

A game that died years ago - Do you believe in Ghosts?

I like old Ghost Recon games. Don't really know about this one.
Oh, there's also will be a Ghost Recon Online - free to play game for pc.

You can sign up for beta here
http://ghostrecononline.uk.ubi.com/

Myself,I wait for this game.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/06/hands-on-spec-ops-the-line/
It has Apocalypse Now\Heart of Darkness like plot and few interesting features.

• 4 months later...
Just picked up the PC version and figured I'd update this with issues I've had so far.

Basically at present I would avoid buying the game until a few more patches have been released.
It seems to be a very lazy console port in terms of technical aspects.

It seems the game is unable to differentiate between peripherals. So if you have any controllers/joysticks etc plugged in the game assumes you are using them ignores mouse/keyboard input.
The "solution" suggested is to unplug and uninstall drivers for any peripherals until they fix it, which is of course a ridiculous option.
Secondly, it seems that some "advanced" mice and keyboards are not being recognised by the game resulting in odd or non function. Solution again is to uninstall the drivers and use them as basic input devices.

Minor annoyance I noted before realising it I couldn't play it at present was that all the menus/hints refer to xbox controls rather than keyboard ones, which just seems lazy. (Although this could be due to the game thinking I'm using a controller due to joystick being plugged in.)

Outlanders =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I didn't like it. It seems that with every new game series is turning to shit more and more.

Aye, it's easier and cheaper to make games for consoles so PC gamers tend to get crappy ports. Arma is one of the few FPS games I can think of that is actually designed for the PC.

I have Ghost Recon Future Soldier for the PC and as Calv said I'd suggest waiting for it to be patched a bit more, and I actually haven't had any issues with it other then a bit of a stutter but that is because I'm using an old processor, whether you have issues or not all depends on your luck and your system it seems, some have keyboard/mouse issues, some complain of low resolution and what not ((I really don't give a crap about the graphics/resolution/"it should be eye bleeding 1080p" bs)), or it just simply won't run for others...so at the moment it's hit or miss