Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

FreeFalcon 5.5.1 ?

Pan Klobouk

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FreeFalcon is deprecated, hasn't been in development in nearly 15 years.

If you're looking to get into Falcon 4 full overhaul mods for a modern combat flight simulator of the F-16, you will want to get Falcon BMS 4
https://www.falcon-bms.com/downloads/

On 10/15/2024 at 9:12 AM, Pan Klobouk said:

looking for falcon 4 version with easy avionics option...

Falcon BMS has easy avionics options, and an avionics configurator for even more control.

It is the most advanced and developed modification for Falcon 4 and should be the mod you choose for that reason.  Free Falcon is ancient history my dude - there is no comparison to the level of stability and playability which we now enjoy thanks to the BMS developers, some of whom had likely put in work on Free Falcon back when it was a thing.

Also, if you wanted to use an ancient deprecated Falcon 4 mod for whatever personal reasons, you should have no problem locating a download of Free Falcon; a simple google search revealed several legitimate sources for the application when I checked.

If it helps you understand where Free Falcon falls in the myriad of Falcon 4 mods, this is a full graphical history of all Falcon 4 mods including Free Falcon and BMS (of course):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2WKGzHTS65rd251TU1LMU1jWFk/view

@=VG= SemlerPDX Thanks for your advice but in BMS "The simplified avionics have been abandonned long time ago since it was too painful to maintain within an ultra realistic avionics environment"...

All the links I found about Freefalcon up to version 5.5.1 are dead. 

I have version FF5, but it's super buggy.

I will be grateful if you could direct me to some existing sources

Thanks

I'm not aware of any existing sources for Free Falcon 5 (or any version).  The sites which hosted these have all been shut down for years and years.  You might try asking around various Falcon or BMS based Discords, maybe someone has a copy still on their PC.  That's probably the best you can hope for - even if you found a torrent, it's unlikely that anyone would still be seeding it.

Best wishes and good luck!