Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Internet Issues

SteelRonin

Hello! It's me once again.
For a while, I've been experiencing internet connection issues. I contacted internet services a couple of times but the only thing they did was change my router or reset the router's settings to fabric.
I can't find a reason why it's doing that. The router's diodes just turn off and then go back online one by one after a minute or two.
Any tips/suggestions/possible fixes? I'd love and appreciate anything at this point.

1 hour ago, SteelRonin said:

The router's diodes just turn off and then go back online one by one after a minute or two.

All of the lights? If it's all of them it maybe an issue with the power supply, did they replace the routers power supply? Is the router plugged in an extension outlet, any other devices connected to the same wall outlet?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, System said:

All of the lights? If it's all of them it maybe an issue with the power supply, did they replace the routers power supply? Is the router plugged in an extension outlet, any other devices connected to the same wall outlet?

Only US/DS and Online lights go off.
Back in the time when I had an old model the power supply was an issue so I changed it to a different electrical outlet which worked for a while. 
Then they changed it, for a while I had no issues. But it returned in a month or two.
There is tho an extension cord connected below it in the same power outlet but I'm only using it once in a while to charge my speaker and that's all.

2 hours ago, SteelRonin said:

Only US/DS and Online lights go off.

Not the power supply then, likely a problem on your ISPs end. If you have a cable connection you might wanna check out your fibre-optic/coax/DSL cable that leads into the router; I've seen a case where when it rained the coax cable got wet and the connection would go out, if the cable is damaged in some periodical way it might be the cause.

In any case your ISP should be fixing it, it's their responsibility to give you uninterrupted internet access for the money you pay them (they own everything up to the router).

• Thanks 1