Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

DCS A-10C Warthog Pre-order and Beta available

Guest Chaz

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome move, keep going !amazed

I had some issues with my joystick, my framerate is pretty low (on medium settings) and the plane is shaking much more than the ff/f4af planes but i think i can fix these problems in the next few days.

The game might realy have potential to attract a lot of virtual pilots, who are waiting for a new flight sim since the release of f4af or il2, especially hen they connect it with DCS Black Shark, an Apache or even a M1 Abrams simulator.

• 1 month later...
I'm digging the flight model. It has stability augumentation but that is about 7 % of F-16 fly by wire FCS.

break:

dl latest FF5 and patch on new complicator but it displays mostly jumbled, scrambled hash of colors then CTD. My new system is:
Dell studio xps 8100
Windows 7 Home 64 bit
i7 870 (2.96 GHz)
6 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Seagate 750 GB SATA HDD
21" flat panel display
Sapphire Radeon 5670 1GB 256 bit video adapter

Any suggestions to resolve much appreciated.

Asp

You need to reinstall man, make sure you uninstall FF via the uninstaller in the main FF folder then reboot.

reinstall in this order:
1. 5.5 Installer
2. 5.5.3 Patch
3. Cockpit Pack

Notes: At the end of the 5.5 install, it will ask you if you want to run the config editor, select yes. Then just click apply and exit.
Also, do NOT open FF at any point during the installs. Just run them one after the other. Once you have all 3 installed, open the game and adjust your settings.

If you're still having issues let me know.

• 2 months later...
BLuDKLoT LAN_WROTE ...

Cool!

i haven't given A10 much love, I didnt like the flight model. It was to bouncy. I might try 3 and see if its any better but we FF5 all the time :)

Blud,

Go into your stick settings for Pitch and Roll and adjust the curves. Depending on your HOTAS the default settings can be a little to "agressive". One thing to keep in mind is that unlike many of the older flight sims (Falcon, FF5, Jane's etc) you have to actually (just like IRL) trim your aircraft to maintain level flight and desired speed at Angels, not just when your aircraft takes damage. This is one thing that most digital pilots have never had to do before.