Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Ace insurg

NeonKodiak774

Yo Im a long time vg server player and website lurker lol and got shown ACE/ACRE by Murderface, a close friend of mine, when you had the ACE domi server/map running I could play that with no issues but once it was switched over to ACE insurg battleye keeps booting me from the game whenever I join due to excessive ping (the highest Ive ever got was around 395) now I know that figure is high compared to what others might be used to but living in the south of the south down in 3rd world New Zealand thats about average for what we recieve from servers abroad. What I was wondering is if anyone out there who has the permissions and such would be willing to tweak the ping cap (if possible) just that little bit higher so use brothers from the bottom end of the world would be able to join you guys.

Thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
New Insurgency ACE ACRE is up for testing:
5.9.23.136 port 2312
Password is "acre"

Battleye is disabled so those with high pings should be OK.

Modset is available through Six Udpater repo link:
sixupdater://debian.veterans-gaming.com/~six/six_repo/2312.yml

@CBA_A2;
@CBA_OA;
@CBA;
@ACE;
@ACEX;
@ACEX_RU;
@ACEX_USNavy;
@tpwcas;
@brg_africa;
@ibr_plants;
@MBG_Buildings2;
@csj_snake;
@chn_crocodile;
@ibr_lcivilians;
@Lingor;
@dingor;
@Lingor_units;
@asr_lingor_units_ace;
@JayArma2Lib;
@ACRE;
@st_interact;
@sthud;

Playable units are Cops and FEA Commandos
Vehicle defaults are police vehicles

Jake: "Hey this car's got a lot of pickup"
Elwood: "It's got a cop motor, a 440-cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. What do you say? Is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"

http://youtu.be/yil9wlfa0yo

Other Lingor vehicles available in params
LIMITED weapons selection at base - DMRs with optics available in cache crates as 'prize'
(trying to keep to the cops theme and not give them Tac50s and Javelins)

Enemies are Lingor Rebels (will add drug gangs later)
Still using regular Arma rebel vehicles (SPG trucks, zeus trucks, etc) will change later

Intel dropped by enemies is 1kg bags of cocaine instead of suitcase (item is much smaller you'll need to check bodies more thoroughly). Cache is still a guerrilla box.

Feedback is appreciated !boss

Yeah gonna try and fix the AI aimbot ability as well as:

- add ammo for HK417s
- change OPFOR from Rebels to Drug Gangs (less powerful weapons, not as skilled)
- remove TWPCAS and run server-side only
- test without server running @ASR_AI mod

New version E is up and running.

-Removed rebels and added drug gangs.. they still spawn with FN FALs though.
-Lowered AI Accuracy param to 0.1
-changed server's .profile settings for enemy precision
-tweaked suppression and ASR_AI mods

Not sure what is causing the passing out in spawn menu.. is this happening to everyone and does it happen every time or is it hit and miss?

Also there should be civilians spawning in as well... has anyone noticed this yet?

Civilians are spawning in, although....this has led to the kidnapping of many villagers and, one was even forced into a marriage with Pigeon, which lasted a whole 2 minutes.

This is what happens when you hit friendlies with a 40mm(the resulting damage was a full squad with broken legs)

The guys found a haji babe...

I was clearing houses by sprinting through them, only stopping to hipfire things.
Ran out of ammo and had time to casually reload in front of an AI before shooting him.
At one point I was proned shooting at a distant enemy when another walked over the top of me and didn't see me.

I think the target acquisition time is a bit too long.

Raised the precisionEnemy a bit (0.3) as well as the in-game AI Accuracy parameter (to 0.4 from 0.1). I'm pretty sure it was the precisionEnemy setting that was way too high before (0.8).. causing the headshots. I've also added a requirement for the @tpwcas mod (AI suppression and LOS) to make sure all players have it loaded when joining.. this should help fix the dumb CQB behaviour.

• 3 months later...
Harzach from BIS forums (Grey from 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment) has kindly invited us to their Insurgency FATA mission which runs on their community server. Here are the details:

Hey SavageCDN -

I run a dedi from home for my community, The 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment (www.508thPIR.com ... under redesign at the moment.) We're currently caught up in our legacy game, Project Reality, so the server hasn't been up lately. However, when it is, it can be found under "508th Parachute Infantry Regiment", password "fury". We do use quite a few add-ons , but I think I'll be paring the requirements down a bit as we'll be going into recruitment mode fairly soon.

We mainly play Insurgency in persistent mode on:

FATA
Faysh Khabur (most popular)
Reshmaan
Takistan
Tigeria
Tora Bora
Zargabad

We aren't hardcore mil-sim, but we like a little realism. About 50/50. VG is welcome to join whenever the server is up.

Best,
Harz/Grey

Mod list and server details here:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/508thParInfReg/index.php?showtopic=2963&st=0#entry22007741