Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

ARMA Mods

Stein

Hey Guys,
I am extremely excited to start gaming with you all. I have no mods! I really would like to get ACE and ACRE all installed, but do not know the process or anything. I have both SixUpdater and Armarize, not sure which one is better for the mods but I have them. If sometime someone could help walk me through the process, I would be forever grateful. Cannot wait to start hardcore gaming with you all, especially on the Missions on Saturdays!

EDIT: I do not have Steam version, if that helps at all

Thanks
Mike Stein

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sixupdater is pretty easy to get the hang of.
Once loaded you can right click in the window on the left hand side and select New Preset.
Then click the Mods tab at the top of the right side window, find whichever mods you want, then Right Click > Add to Preset.
Once you've added all the mods you want locate the large green icon at the Top left and click on the text underneath, a new menu should appear, select Install or Update mods, then let it do it's thing.

I'd probably suggest creating two presets at the moment, one with ace and one without.

Other Mods I'd suggest downloading are:
STHUD
STMovement

Also consider these for improved sound and visual:
JSRS
Blastcore

I use both SU and Armarize as well. SU is better for sync and updating mods and we use it on the Community Arma server. It makes it much easier for players to get the right mods/versions - find the server in SU browser, create new present and install.

Armarize is great if you just want to fire up Arma with some mods loaded - program is faster to start, doesn't update every 30 minutes, uses far less RAM, etc.

Just make sure you use SU to download and update mods. If you let Armarize do this it will screw up SU.

http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?24065

I downloaded both ACE and ACRE today, ACE works fine... but cannot say the same about ACRE. I get an error that says that dSound.dll wont load. Its getting frustrating, I have been trying to fix it for about 4 hours now, and I just want it to work! Anybody have an idea? I have asked google, and he has no ideas neither.

Thanks
Mike

lupago =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

For this kind of doubts is better to get in TS3 and find someone to disturb and ask (Savage juju)

ppffftt... I am already disturbed !crazy

I know you've probably seen this but just in case:

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- @JayArmA2Lib directory cannot be renamed or moved
- dsound.dll must reside in the root of the ArmA2 directory.

Directories and Files for Installation:

-- ArmA 2\ Directory --
@ACRE\
. This is the main bulk of ACRE plugin
@JayArmA2Lib\
. communications and helpers for ACRE
userconfig\ACRE\
. hot-key configuration
dsound.dll
. implementation for jayarma2lib
-- Teamspeak 3 Client\plugins\ Directory --
ACRE.dll
. TS3 plugin for 32-bit systems
ACRE_x64.dll
. TS3 plugin for 64-bit systems

Make sure you are not running Teamspeak during this installation.

More info here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133891-A-C-R-E-Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment-1-4-Stable-Release-Thread

Just found this guide (note that you should select YES when asked if you want to enable Multiplayer features):

http://www.15thmeu.net/forum/showthread.php?12091-Tutorial-Guide-How-to-install-ACE-amp-ACRE-the-RIGHT-Way-PART-1