Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Shortcut Problems

bill_golf2000

I recently have been having problems logging into PR. The error message says that the shortcut needs to open pr.exe and not battlefield 2 exe. I have checked the short cut properties to see where it was opening from and the root is correct. This is the first time I have experienced this problem. Can anyone give me some help on how to correct this. Much is apprectiated.

All the best,

HeadShot_Kill_Bill

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, try this.

Delete your shortcut. Then on your pc find your bf2 installation. Go into it and go into mods folder. Go into pr folder. You should see pr.exe. You can start the game from there.

If you right click you should be able to see create shortcut for this program. Create one and put it on your desktop and try launching from that.

Can also try right click and run as admin. I had similar problem until I ran it as an admin once and then I can just run it normally now with no problems.. Not sure what causes it tbh.

Hmmm...have you checked the PR forums? There might be a fix for it there.

Q: After logging into PR, I get an error message You must use "pr.exe" to run Project Reality. Please update your shortcuts as required.

A: Firstly, take note of the message under that, IF YOU HAVE JUST CREATED A NEW ACCOUNT, PLEASE RESTART PROJECT REALITY. So, if you have just created or retrieved an account, simply quit out of PR, then launch it again. It should allow you to log in.

If the error still shows, then you are not using "pr.exe" to run Project Reality. You cannot launch PR from the community tab in BF2, it must be launched from pr.exe. Check your desktop shortcuts, and make sure it looks similar to this:

(Default Directory 32bit Windows)
Target:
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe"

Start In:
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\pr"

Target:
Default Directory 64bit Windows
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe"

Start In:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr"

If that STILL doesn't work, you are sure that you are using pr.exe, but you still get the error, try deleting your My Documents/Battlefield 2 folder, launch PR, retrieve your account, restart PR, then see if that works.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-pr-bf2-bugs/89191-0957-your-must-use-pr-exe-run-project-reality-message-bug.html

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/96843-win-7-you-must-use-pr-exe-run-project-reality.html

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/93142-win-7-pr-start-problem.html