Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 3 Mission Development - ArmaZ

=VG= Sausag3

Steam Workshop::Ravaged and Frithified Gear

Hi fellas!

I am looking for a few volunteers (Especially those who know Scripting/Modding and Arma 3 in general) to help develop a new persistent mission for this clan.

It will be called VG ArmaZ - A persistent Zombie Survival mission on the map Chernarus Redux - With alot of features that originate from Dayz, Plus alot of extras.

Here are the planned features:

• Persistent Character, Bank Accounts, Vehicles and Objects
  • Random Respawn System
  • Selective Respawn - E.G Spawn at Base if possible or Random
  • Hunger + Thirst System
  • Hunting/Fishing System
  • Crafting System
  • Player Group System
  • Custom Loot System
  • Base Building + Player/Group Base Claiming
  • AI Zombies + AI Enemies
  • PVP
  • Custom Garage System
  • Custom Arenal from Base Boxes - With only items that have been looted
  • Custom, challenging AI Missions
  • Banking and Money
  • Trader System
  • Loot Transfer System
  • Custom Status HUD
  • Random Helicopter Spawns
  • Vehicle Repair at Service Stations or your Base

As you can see it is a hefty list of features and the only way this can be done is with volunteers to help make this a reality.

If you are interested please reply to this thread or give me a message on any communications platforms you have me on.

I've made a Github for this development so there is a space where everyone can collaborate effectively once we are set up: 

https://github.com/Sausag3s/VG-A3-DEV

There is also a discussion section on there to discuss everything related to this instead of flooding this thread and forums.

Cheers! :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Vehicle Repair at Service Stations or your Base
  • Player Group System
  • PVP
  • Custom Garage System
  • Base Building + Player/Group Base Claiming
  • Selective Respawn - E.G Spawn at Base if possible or Random
  • Random Respawn System

I can help with some of it! I really haven`t got that much xp with this other than basic things, but I can give them a shot when I`m free!

• Like 2

I really like post apocalyptic survival mods on the ArmA engine.

• What i dont like and you can see on 99% on all survival servers are the vehicle traders where you can buy tanks, armed to the teeth jeeps, apc's, attack helicopters of all kinds. Helicopters shouldn't be on any traderlists. Maybe as a rare mission or crashsite where you have atleast to repair the chopper with things like rotor-, scrapmetal and engine parts and those parts should be very rare.

• Dont allow to buy ready basebuilding materials like complete cinderwalls or complete constructions like castles or the server runs quick laggy because people start building mega sandbox castle fortifications made out of 5000+ objects.

• Dont make it like "looting 3 buildings and you overequipped". Loot should be not so common and there should be only few lootpiles in a building and not all 2 meters.

• Focus please on survival like hunting, fishing, crafting and looting.

• There is no need to put ALL weapons and attachment into the loot or trader lists. DMR and M14 are enough (Meme from good old dayz times).

I will make later more suggestions with more details.

• Like 3

*Update*

I've made a Github for this development so there is a space where everyone can collaborate effectively once we are set up: 

https://github.com/Sausag3s/VG-A3-DEV

There is also a discussion section on there to discuss everything related to this instead of flooding this thread and forums.

Thank you all for the suggestions and volunteering so far.

3 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

I really like post apocalyptic survival mods on the ArmA engine.

• What i dont like and you can see on 99% on all survival servers are the vehicle traders where you can buy tanks, armed to the teeth jeeps, apc's, attack helicopters of all kinds. Helicopters shouldn't be on any traderlists. Maybe as a rare mission or crashsite where you have atleast to repair the chopper with things like rotor-, scrapmetal and engine parts and those parts should be very rare.

• Dont allow to buy ready basebuilding materials like complete cinderwalls or complete constructions like castles or the server runs quick laggy because people start building mega sandbox castle fortifications made out of 5000+ objects.

• Dont make it like "looting 3 buildings and you overequipped". Loot should be not so common and there should be only few lootpiles in a building and not all 2 meters.

• Focus please on survival like hunting, fishing, crafting and looting.

• There is no need to put ALL weapons and attachment into the loot or trader lists. DMR and M14 are enough (Meme from good old dayz times).

I will make later more suggestions with more details.

100% agree with your points! This is kind of the summary of all the several differencies in the DayZ's "bio"product, since there is a vastity of mods ( Epoch, Overpoch, Vanilla and so on ) you can also see which pros and cons of each mod. As previously said, I agree with Fastjact and I'd love to see such project take shape.

By being highly subjective and personal preference, you can also not take note of this: PVP isn't that cool, unless we have fair people playing in the server.
Unless we have very few "Traders", or even none, PVP could still be fine, since there will be less chance that an advantaged player will camp one of the many spawns (or the airfields like in the DayZ mod) and simply spend the day shooting at fresh spawns and bambis. 

Regardless to the previous words, a very good way to handle PVP players and/or disruptive behaviour would be to state some rules about engagement and combat mode, as example if a player gets shot at, cannot "Alt + F4" to avoid losing his gear. If you start or get thrown in a combat, you can run away and try to escape from your aggressor(s) and ONLY after putting some distance from the enemy, you can close the game. But the worst thing is closing the game while you're bleeding, that's heavily ugly and not sportsmanship. 

• Like 1

• =VG= Sausag3 unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic