Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Squad Event - Operation Dusty Sabre

=VG= Sausag3

OPERATION DUSTY SABRE (SQUAD)

Saturday, December 19th, 2020

20:00:00 ZULU (GMT/UTC/PRT)

Playing 2 or 3 Maps depending on time.

No Password Required - Anyone can join

Max 80 Players On Event!

leaderboard-2.png

EVENT BRIEF:

Due to not many people coming on those weekly squad get togethers, It would be better if it was an organized event just like Arma 3 for now.

This open event gives an opportunity to seed our server out on the wide range of other squad servers. Letting other players join the game, familiarize themselves with our community and eventually build a bigger player base. 

Join the Squad TS channel before the event starts for any technical issues, announcements etc etc.

Once the event starts you are not to mention on TS anything that might compromise what your team is doing.

To login to the =VG= server launch Squad and select CUSTOM BROWSER, SET Filters > Show Empty Servers, Show Full Servers.

Squad =VG= rules apply!

OBJECTIVE:

For the upcoming weekend we will first play a random skirmish map to get everyone warmed up.

The next map will be a RANDOM ASSAULT AND SECURE - basically AAS on PR but the flags are randomized, and you can only see the flags that you can capture, so you have less time to plan your next move

ASSETS AVAILABLE: Depending on Map

PLAYERS:

Assign yourself as an attending player below -  This is not mandatory, Anyone can still join but a number count is quite helpful.

You can pick any available faction, unless Auto balance says no. Hence why the sign ups are not organised into factions and squads.

PLAYER: =VG= Sausag3

PLAYER: =VG= Kavelenko

PLAYER: The_Polish_Guy

PLAYER: Killroy

PLAYER: =VG= SemlerPDX

PLAYER: =VG= 01000010101

PLAYER: Soldierofmisfortune

PLAYER: Hoops (Tentative)

PLAYER: =VG= I3RY4N (Tentative)

PLAYER: =VG= Deathdealer (Tentative)

PLAYER: Schmidrock

PLAYER:

PLAYER:

PLAYER:

PLAYER:

PLAYER:

PLAYER:

PLAYER:

PLAYER:

PLAYER:

ADMINS:

We are in need of more admins to regulate the server, if you are an admin on any other game on =VG= then you are trusted enough to automatically be an admin on squad.

If you have the guts to bear the responsibility then message me your SteamID64 so I can add you to the list. https://steamid.io/lookup/

See you all on the squad battlefield

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, KilRoy- said:

I wish I can join. Can I?

Yea, just lay off the booze and don't shoot your Squad Leader in the face and we'll all get along just fine. 

:b0209:

Hoping I'll be there, nothing else on the books, but I never know when I'm gonna get ambushed by my shitty body.  Looking forward to this!  Thanks Sausag3!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, =VG= Sausag3 said:

Will double check on Friday if theres enough players to be playable

Fair enough, that's one of the problems of PVP games, we need twice the players. Maybe post a few of the earlier Squad events movies we did?

• Upvote 1

If it's only gonna be like 5 or 10 of us, we can just do something specific - like a Tank v. Tank minigame, or whatever we want -- we don't necessarily need a full server to hop on and have some fun... who knows, maybe we'll get some public people joining and actually end up playing proper.  If not, we can just think up some small game and a designated section of the AO to play in... King of the Hill using a building, or a little vehicle warfare, etc.

I'm down for whatever - if we don't do it today, there's always next weekend.  :hi: 

• Upvote 1