Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Some good countries to visit & explore?

=VG= Sausag3

Hey fellas it's a bit ironic posting about holidays in the middle of a pandemic but hey ho, lets just pretend it doesn't exist for now so people can see and think about it in the future.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for countries to visit and explore? Any experiences, pictures etc?

Personally I might look at visiting Ukraine some point next year or year after, lots of things to do, and explore, and also to visit the remnants of the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant. Looks pretty sick with all the post-apocalyptic theme to it you know. 

Pripyat Chernobyl Ferris Wheel, Ghost Town Pripyat In Chernobyl Stock  Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 122767954.

Looking forward to your posts ;)

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

Are you looking for abandoned places?

Not just that, Looking for anything cool to explore and experience.

Either way, I've made this thread so that myself and anyone else can see what's good around the world and think about planning to visit and explore in the future!

Chernobyl, eh?

hmmm.... I hear Somalia is nice this time of year.  The poorly buried toxic waste that seeps into streams has such a beautiful apocalyptical glow at night.  :tatice_03:

(just kidding, man! be safe, wherever you travel... looking forward to pics!) 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, LangMaster said:

If you want some good quality beer come Czech out Czech. :P

One of the cheapest beer you can get too!

In terms of variety, Belarus has so many breweries that It would take you 3 days to drink all their beers, lol

• Upvote 1

So for me the list, in no particular order:

- Brisbane, Australia: some of the nicest people I've ever met. It's as if the US and Asia had a baby, the resulting geography and architecture is Australia. Very laid back culture and hospitable people, at least where I was. Cheap coffee, great eats and an amazing Saturday market. Honestly, I wish we had that market here. Advise you go in September if you hit Brissy, that's when they have the Brisbane culture festival. Loads of unique activities. Brisbane itself is beautiful to walk around already tho.

- Chiang Mai, Thailand: my fave place in Thailand. It's a town in the mountains with a TON to do. Visit the highest mountain temple, try local specialties, or enjoy a great sunset in the local swimming lake. Massages come cheap, and nightlife is fun! Clubs and karaokes and amazing, and the people make a great atmosphere of 'anyones my friend'. Adventure calls, as you can go river rafting, skydiving and ziplining through the thick jungle, and the zipline includes spending a night in a tree hut. Waterfalls are aplenty and you can swim in certain ones. Cooking classes are the o-so-typical Westerner trap, but they're great fun and you get great food.

-Bangkok, Thailand: Full of unique buildings and restaurants. Has some of the biggest malls you'll ever see. My fave place was Chatuchat Market, a weekend market of 8.000 stalls in one place. Can spend hours here looking around and eating. It's right next to one of Bangkok's biggest parks, where you'll see sportsy folks and group dance sessions oftenly. I loved Bangkok for the myriad of foods to try, with many all-you-can-eat BBQ places. One of them is only 4€ a person!

Thai milk tea is the shit!

Bali: I've seen the holy trifecta of towns: Kuta, Canggu and Ubud. Each has it's own perks. Kuta is westernized and dirty imo. Rushed, rude and full of shopping centers and McDonalds. You'll find many Brits here! The same type as in Magaluf lmao. Canggu is a great little town area focused on surfing. It's 1 long road that forks into the ocean, where you have the Old Man club as your one-stop-shop for drinks and fun the entire night. Great breakfast places too with amazing coffee, and a superb restaurant that offers gourmet-style meals at 7€ a pop AND has a swimming pool! As a bonus, Canggu is home to the Black Cat Cafe. Can't spoil the surprise though, Google it ;). Ubud is a bit more up in the mountains and is laid back. Often deemed the 'meditation center' of Bali, its more filled with smaller shops, boutiques and warungs. Great place for a chill retreat.

Italy's Lago Maggiore and Lago de Garda are beauuutiful places to stay and have some pretty deceny priced AirBNB's. Coming from the UK you can trip back through Germany's Black Forest too, thats what I did.

Closer to home I love Scotland. Was there in 2019, and was amazed at the beautiful combo of lakes and mountains. Many fisher towns that look straight out of the 60's, but very idyllic. The weather isn't always great tho, but you know that.

Sweden is pretty beautiful all-round, from south to north. Lappland area has endless forests and rivers to swim in, with scattered towns here and there. The rural parts often have tint grill shacks next to river banks that are free to use.

Malta has been my stop for 5 years in a row, because I have a friend there, and it's a great island. A paradise for divers with the many wrecks you can find here. Great nightlife districts, beautiful malls, and affordable food too. Culture paradise with many fortresses etc from the world wars, including under water!

Mallorca is my 2nd favourite island in Europe. Beautiful beaches and again a load of water activities. Diving with floaters and snorkeling are some typical ones, and there's ziplining parks with good value for money . Great sunsets too. You can try the Magaluf nightlife but yeah... You know what that's about

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Really in-depth Acro cheers! I'll have to put those places in my  "To see list" as I haven't been to Asia yet.

Scotland really is quite a view, I drove all the way there this year and end up accidentally discovering where "New Asgard" was filmed in Avengers: End Game. (Literally just looked on the map and picked a completely random place to check out lmao):

Pics below:

"New Asgard"

No description available.

No description available.Some more random Scotish Pics below:

No description available.No description available.

• Like 2

My city.

I would totally want to visit my brother, I haven`t seen him for almost 2 and a half years. Next year if Covid is no more I`ll try and visit him; he lives in Hamburg. Also I want to visit Lowkey when possible. We don`t live too far from each other. 

ALSO YES, Pripyat. I am a big fan of Stalker!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, =VG= Acro1 said:

Bali: I've seen the holy trifecta of towns: Kuta, Canggu and Ubud. Each has it's own perks. Kuta is westernized and dirty imo. Rushed, rude and full of shopping centers and McDonalds. You'll find many Brits here! The same type as in Magaluf lmao. Canggu is a great little town area focused on surfing. It's 1 long road that forks into the ocean, where you have the Old Man club as your one-stop-shop for drinks and fun the entire night. Great breakfast places too with amazing coffee, and a superb restaurant that offers gourmet-style meals at 7€ a pop AND has a swimming pool! As a bonus, Canggu is home to the Black Cat Cafe. Can't spoil the surprise though, Google it ;). Ubud is a bit more up in the mountains and is laid back. Often deemed the 'meditation center' of Bali, its more filled with smaller shops, boutiques and warungs. Great place for a chill retreat.

Its always been Bali though, its kinda mediocre tbh.. why not the whole of Indonesia itself, eh?

Cant say much, but maybe you should take a look on this one:

https://traveltriangle.com/blog/beautiful-places-in-indonesia/

The first two places mentioned, i would definitely recommend it (even though i did not travel there before or have any experience on that, prices are very expensive to me :()

And yes, your visit to one of these places would benefit the government rn, since tourist numbers are dropping due to Covid-19.

- Inch

• Upvote 1