Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project Reality Event Week III

TEDF

Hi there. A quick reminder that event is today. Since we are running with a lot of modified stuff, there won't be any vanilla maps being run prior to the event this time and we will start with a custom map on a briefing mode. Please, do not leave the main bases when you join the server and please DO NOT pick the last 3 kits on the spawn menu if you didn't sign up. Before we start the event, I will quickly go over the rules for this event at the vehicle depot so please try to be on the server at least 5 minutes before event is supposed to begin.

Password will be released 30 minutes prior to the event.

• Like 3

Sorry about this one guys, I may have made the maps a bit too hard. hope you still had somewhat fun overall tho. As I won't be able to attend next week, instead of part 4 of the event there will be a redo of the second and third map of this event next Saturday at the same time. I'll set up the stuff on the server prior to that so all that is needed is someone pressing the button. (I think Melon volunteered if I'm not mistaken.)

1 hour ago, Rokk said:

Carkidd and I tried joining earlier, using the levels from the new mirror link that was just posted. It just crashed on load. No .dmp files being generated in the Documents/Project Reality/dmp folder. Hosting locally on the map works.

I think it doesn't play very nicely with joining in mid-game?

Yeah, sorry about that. I may have placed a bit too much stuff into the city for the game to handle it midway through.

• Upvote 1

The first one was surprisingly possible even with the glitch* of enemies still spawning at the point of captured flag.
I have really enjoyed that one but i think the idea of one narrow street being bunch of capture flags saved us since people could sit at back flag and watch 2 flags possibly 3.

Spread out points with this glitch would be insane.

Not sure it if was intentional but your spawn points are moved to the point of before it so if you cap a flag it stops spawning units on the flag before it.

For simplicity the circles are flags, the lines are spawnpoints connected to each flag. If anybody did not know.

eFNWNjn.png

Also the DOD should be kinda setup differently, 3 enemy tanks pretty much were unactive cause the vehicle navmesh is in DOD and they just went right into it.
wyZh8xh.png

I know i am absolute garbage right now since i am not the one making the event but you could possibly just delete few objects from the Masira, you made us load the whole map with all the added smokes and wrecks you added. D:
rJwK9ak.png

Anyways, absolutely amazing map i enjoyed that one with Polish.
btw i am not looking into the other maps for spoilers. i have just opened this one.

Yo my mike actually fucking works on team speak, i am so clean what the fuck.
Thanks for the video BLuDKLoT.
I also respect that you literally just lied on top of the tank and went afk lol.

And i cannot get the idea that i sound literally just like Sniper igor in game voice chat.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LangMaster said:

Not sure it if was intentional but your spawn points are moved to the point of before it so if you cap a flag it stops spawning units on the flag before it.

For simplicity the circles are flags, the lines are spawnpoints connected to each flag. If anybody did not know.

Yes, the spawns were supposed to be behind the lines to simulate the "surrounded" situation, I just completely forgot about it and was somewhat surprised as well :D . Hell, I still can't remember doing that for the entire map. I remember doing it for the first 2 flags, but after that, completely blank. 

I assume the spawns got screwed when the game had a brainfart because of too much stuff on the map. I didn't expect the static amount to be so high otherwise I could have easily deleted half the stuff on the map. It's one of the things you don't think about all the time and just can't really test beforehand on an empty server. 

6 hours ago, LangMaster said:

Also the DOD should be kinda setup differently, 3 enemy tanks pretty much were unactive cause the vehicle navmesh is in DOD and they just went right into it.

As for the dod, not sure why the tanks decided to go off map, I placed all the "interest" points for them on the main street, so I have no idea what was so interesting on the other streets that they decided to go there instead. They should have gone  after the assets when they went active, like on the previous event maps. Could be connected to the overloaded statics giving the game a brainfart like it did for the spawns. I'm more interested where did the BMP3 and the El-Beasto go. I didn't see nor hear them the entire round.

7 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Yes, the spawns were supposed to be behind the lines to simulate the "surrounded" situation, I just completely forgot about it and was somewhat surprised as well :D . Hell, I still can't remember doing that for the entire map. I remember doing it for the first 2 flags, but after that, completely blank. 

I assume the spawns got screwed when the game had a brainfart because of too much stuff on the map. I didn't expect the static amount to be so high otherwise I could have easily deleted half the stuff on the map. It's one of the things you don't think about all the time and just can't really test beforehand on an empty server. 

As for the dod, not sure why the tanks decided to go off map, I placed all the "interest" points for them on the main street, so I have no idea what was so interesting on the other streets that they decided to go there instead. They should have gone  after the assets when they went active, like on the previous event maps. Could be connected to the overloaded statics giving the game a brainfart like it did for the spawns. I'm more interested where did the BMP3 and the El-Beasto go. I didn't see nor hear them the entire round.

Uhh i saw two spawn points that were not set, they were called beast and somethin but the vehicle was not chosen to spawn, also the H point has a t72 and a striker behind it as a vehicle spawn.

And as the dod, i think it could be simply fixed to make it like enemy base dod so they could pass through.

Really liked that German Map. It looked great atmosphere wise and the messed spawns proved to be a challenge in the end. On the pics our squad covers the advance of some other squad across the street. And if I recall correctly the tank is all the way in the back of the street. 7

That Style of mission is really well suited for coop mode. 8/10 would play again.

screen038.thumb.png.4782181ab48509be5f5cb646a627201e.pngscreen039.thumb.png.3ce89a6a82ba4055e17355db55fb57de.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Johnny__Rico said:

Really liked that German Map. It looked great atmosphere wise and the messed spawns proved to be a challenge in the end. On the pics our squad covers the advance of some other squad across the street. And if I recall correctly the tank is all the way in the back of the street. 7

That Style of mission is really well suited for coop mode. 8/10 would play again.

screen038.thumb.png.4782181ab48509be5f5cb646a627201e.pngscreen039.thumb.png.3ce89a6a82ba4055e17355db55fb57de.png

wtf this map looks so good! Im sad i missed this man