Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project Reality Event Week I

TEDF

Project Reality Event

Week I 

1900 PRT

Download : Click Here !

Password : potato

Install instructions : 

1. Download event1.rar

2. Unpack event1.rar

3. copy/cut & paste the 3 folders (c20_1p, c20_1a & c20_1b) to your PR levels folder (default - C:Program Files (x86)/Project Reality/Project Reality BF2/Mods/pr/Levels.

*4. If you participated in map testing, delete the 3 folders from your levels folder before installing the maps. Do not overwrite.

*5. In order for the maps to be loaded, restart your PR if you installed them while program was running.

6. If you have any issues or find a game breaking bug on the maps, don't hesitate to let me know.

Howdy folks,

It's time again for some PR events. For the following next 4 saturday evenings (starting from 24th of October), we will be doing a short campaign style chain of events consiting of 3-4 maps per evening. The event is open for everyone with the limit of 20-25 player slots available. In order to join, players will have to download and install the maps that will be uploaded a week prior to the event, right after the previous event has ended. Password for the server will be given at least 30 minutes before event begins. If there's an update that breaks some of the maps or server won't be updated in time, the event will be moved to the following saturday.

The following campaing will have players take a role of 3 SF units (Commandos Marine / GROM / KSK) during the invasion of Iran.

If anyone has interest in leading the team, feel free to apply down below.

As it's 2020 I'm forced to make sure that is't clear - all person names used in the campaign are fictional and are not in any way meant to be offensive. Some of the locations used in the campaign may be fictional or not located on the campaign map where they would be in reality. Campaign takes place in a fictional reality where current realistic political stuff doesn't apply. (sigh)

1. Situation

Military coup in Iran by Mohhamed Al Bajuri.  Fearing the high risk of nuclear material ending in the hands of islamic terrorist groups, a coalition taskforce, consisting of troops from France, Germany, Poland, United Kingdom and United States, is deployed to Gulf of Oman and preperations are finished for the immediate invasion of Iran.

yljco8i.png

2. Missions : 

2.1. Mission 1 : Prologue (map "Oil Platform" by SPFreak / ShaneJohn)

German KSK unit is sent to seize control of Iranian Oil Platform in the Gulf of Oman

Assets : 

6 x RHIB 

4WRbjuO.png

2.2. Mission 2 : Invasion of Ramin

Polish GROM unit is sent to capture Iranian military outpost near the city of Ramin.

Assets : 

5 x RHIB

2 x BWP1

2 x Rosomak

1 x Logistics Truck

3 x Honker

lUKGJzs.png

2.3. Mission 3 : Invasion of Tang

French Commandos Marine are sent to capture port town of Tang. Their first task is to establish a beachhead and capture the outpost north of the town in order for the heavy equipment to be available. Recon overflight shows that town is garrisoned by a militia force loyal to Mohammed Al Bajuri.

Expect heavy enemy reinforcements from the South East. Intel suggests that enemies have radio beacons installed at the objective markers. The faster you capture them, the less enemy reinforcements you'll have to deal with.

Assets : 

5 x RHIB

3 x VAB

1 x panther

1 x Tigre CAS (30 minute delayed)

1 x VBCI (10 minute delayed)

2 x VAB (5 minute delay - outpost)

2 x AMX-10RC (20 minute delay - outpost)

1 x Leclerc (30 minute delay - outpost)

1 x Logistics truck (outpost)

2 x Support truck (outpost)

French naval fire support (10 minute interval)

aYZw7Pl.png

3. Rules : 

3.1. Standard Veterans-Gaming server rules.

3.2. More stuff, too tired to think. Will be added.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

• TEDF pinned and featured this topic
7 hours ago, LangMaster said:

There always be a maps that i have never played in pr,

What are those honestly?

Cool stuff tho.

First map is "Oil Platform" from 2006 that I found in some shady old BF2 map library, second is "Gulf of Oman" from original BF2. I'm trying to get as many retro maps to work on PR as I can. This event is kind of a test session for the updated version of retro mappack that I worked on few years ago but lacked the motivation to finish. Hopefully I manage to finish it this time and we can have a second server running old maps every now and then.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Perhaps we can get some footage?

Yer nice one, maybe get a player to be a field reporter/film crew, and make post it on you tube, it's much better than hollywood films :) we might get some more bodys/ fresh meat, on the server as well :)

bbbbbbbb.JPG.1d36dc9b984d302c98aaa418d37394b0.JPG

I am 100% in, i just had a little bit of idea maybe for the next event, what about progress vehicles start up with something slow maybe even infantry, and roleplay capturing factories and stuff, and vote here for the next vehicle that will be build for the next map, assets are only one time spawn, saved vehicles at the end of map are moved to another map, if vehicle is lost it is lost forever.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

I am 100% in, i just had a little bit of idea maybe for the next event, what about progress vehicles start up with something slow maybe even infantry, and roleplay capturing factories and stuff, and vote here for the next vehicle that will be build for the next map, assets are only one time spawn, saved vehicles at the end of map are moved to another map, if vehicle is lost it is lost forever.

There are many reason why I dont like 100% this idea, but I cant focus on all. Two of the most important are the lack of transport because someone is bad at driving/fly or got killed instantly by the bots (rip "trans" by ZSU 23-4 or ZPU) and also counter assets like tanks or IFVs, AAVs.

Why force a guy to play all round only on foot and only use hat kits to counter the enemy assets? Most of the time this is the reason Coop server gets empty so fast.

To balance this you can make the number of enemy assets directly proportional to the number of squads(2-3 tanks or even 4 for 2-3 squads ... bear in mind this is for no counter vehicles for human side) that will be present and you have to take into account that this squad number can vary. Or you can just reduce the size of the map so people are not forced to walk long distances, give the enemy team assets but not more than a tank or 3, but more can be overkill sometimes (same thing as before). Also many other methods can be added to the list, I m sure of this but you would still have at least a backup vehicle in case things take a turn.

All I wrote before, is applied only for maps without respawnable assets. Its ok to have at least 1 or 2 cars to respawn, a logi, a heli- but not necessary if you already have a logi that respawns(or it can be quite the opposite), and if its a map with assets like tanks or apcs, have at least one tow HMMWV respawn after 10-15 min. 

You also have to make the map fun, not just balanced, so people enjoy it! Plans are good, problem is they always have a flaw, learnt this by making arma events... Things never work out the way you imagine it to be, improvise! 

(wink wink, we know Shahadah first coop version that came with a shit load of assets and almost no counter at the beginning of the round because not all players are so gud at the game and can use HAT) .

1 hour ago, LangMaster said:

we had  that kind of "campaign" couple of years ago where we had one player as a commander who dictated the unit movements on the battle map and then there were fights every other saturday with the units the CO decided to move around and if a asset was lost, it was lost forever and had to be repurchased using command points. 

Additionally to the issues already mentioned by .Blizzard. , these kind of things do tend to get overwhelming for a lot of regular players who are used to good old regular COOP and a lot of confusion about why suddenly assets don't show up, what is going on, what do we have to do, etc. is ensured to follow. And from an event organiser's pov it's a nightmare to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, =VG= STRONTIUM-DOG said:

C19 scam lockdown is preventing my islands new Fiber connection from being installed  : ( 

then get yourself a mobile hotspot with 1mbit... it works perfect with pr and squad. i can use discord, thunderbird and skype at the same time and got a ping till 20 and 40. (maybe your ping is higher because the pr-server is 600km away from me and you are somewhere far away in paradiese...)

only with ts its a little bit problematic.

and now no more excuses! get back in line soldier. ;p

• Like 1

Chill Chill god damn it,

Just an idea that came up my head, i thought events are bit more for the try hard or more focusing side of people and not "regulars" and yes i was counting on loses, but i forgot we are playing coop just because we can't stand a loss.

8 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

Chill Chill god damn it,

Just an idea that came up my head, i thought events are bit more for the try hard or more focusing side of people and not "regulars" and yes i was counting on loses, but i forgot we are playing coop just because we can't stand a loss.

i like the idea of limitations and that you have to earn vehicles...

you could also find rules such as that you excludes transport vehicles or that the vehicles are placed on the map but may not be used. if it gets too lame you can start using them...

For me, the idea behind this is that you don't just get into the game and shoot around, but that there is real squad work. both, in the squad and the squads with each other. the "vip event" that we had went in that direction for me because a couple of squads began to look strategically and communicated where the vip could be and where it is definitely not.

but i also understand blizzard and tedf. and it is true that you have an insane effort in the time before and during the game. maybe you can bring it under control if you have 4-6 gameleader on the enemy side who manually take care of spawning and troop movements.

and you can make it clear in advance that these are "hardcore" events and warn the people  that anyone who cant stand ghost train longer than 20 minutes should stay away ... ^^

in order to avoid confusion, squadleaders get a briefing before the game and the SLs are determined in advance. then it would be a must to be in a squad and the individual squads would have to listen to the commander (who got the control over vehicles and logistics).

but for that you would need a lot of game leaders and it shouldn't stick to one or two people.

...but thats offtopic. sorry. ...and i hope i got the time to join this event.

• Upvote 1

@=VG= TEDF If you want, we could set your event to an RSVP only thing, if you anticipate too many numbers (but numbers of people who had not read your excellent briefing up there)...  Whatever you wanna do is just fine, anything you need, just ask.
:drinks: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

then get yourself a mobile hotspot with 1mbit... it works perfect with pr and squad.

1 mbit you only get mosquitos up in those numbers here LOL 

4 hours ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

and now no more excuses! get back in line soldier. ;p

Copy... If this C19 scam keeps up i will go and use the only internet café here, and sit next to the kids and play PR  hahahah 

asfasfsf.JPG.287ca4a32f6f053dd7304e5b2dfb3f7c.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

but i also understand blizzard and tedf. and it is true that you have an insane effort in the time before and during the game. maybe you can bring it under control if you have 4-6 gameleader on the enemy side who manually take care of spawning and troop movements.

You could turn off the bleeding on enemies for last cap, people could rtb all vehicles before running next.

On 10/15/2020 at 3:32 AM, =VG= keed said:

GULF OF OMAN OMG ITS MY FAVOURITE MAP. :birthday-cake-2:

Man I played the shit of of the BF2 demo when I was a little asset whore. 16 player layer - lmao it was crazy. Played before school, after school, during recess, skip school have more time...

BF1 players remember it to^^^sniper heaven<<<XP whore(former)

FRIKn AWESOME...Ill be there

I would also like to request the mappack as soon as possible...i can only say that i missed a few of the old events because I was struggling to get it D/l before the event started.  Ive got a shitty connection and suffer from oldness

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:15 AM, =VG= STRONTIUM-DOG said:

1 mbit you only get mosquitos up in those numbers here LOL 

Copy... If this C19 scam keeps up i will go and use the only internet café here, and sit next to the kids and play PR  hahahah 

asfasfsf.JPG.287ca4a32f6f053dd7304e5b2dfb3f7c.JPG

the signage looks so sketchy it looks like 'candy here' traps for kids, but instead of candy its TV & Internet, and the trap is for adults

• Like 1