Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR VTOL's oversimplified

=VG= XOR

Just a couple of posts down is a very thorough tutorial on harriers by @=VG= Kavelenko, @=VG= keed  suggested i make a video on harriers, so here's a very simplified primer on everything VTOL in PR, in a separate topic to make it easier to find.

*sorry the video is choppy in a few places & contains some compression artifacts, i did something stupid when i exported the edit, but was too lazy to fix it, it's mostly fine and a few dozen people will watch it at most so, what's a compression artifact among friends eh. *yes, i don't edit much;)*

*Harrier bombs at the time of this video PR 1.6.2.3 are glitched & your kills with bombs won't add to your points, so use cannons when possible and reserve bombs for AA vehicles/emplacements, anything you kill with bombs is basically considered to have committed suicide, atm.

• Upvote 4

So my harrier's vertical control suddenly turning upside down wasn't a bug, but rather how it's meant to be? Interesting......

Few things to note about cannon/bomb combo on harriers.....

1. Don't use cannon on tanks. Unless you get a perfect rear shot on the tank, you wouldn't be able to kill with without going through at least half of your reserve. Use a bomb instead.

2. If you're dealing with stationary or mobile AAs, using a bomb is usually a bad move. Cannons kill the target faster, and it makes the chance of the enemy locking onto you less likely. There are two exceptions, however. The first one is 3x quads located at AAA emplacement flag on Pavlovsk Bay. They are not usually manned at the beginning of the match and one bomb can take out all three if aimed right. Second exception is if you have someone on the ground with a SOFLAM. You can drop a bomb from a high altitude and it will take care of the target without a big trouble.

• Upvote 3

On 9/25/2020 at 7:03 PM, ZZANG1847 said:

So my harrier's vertical control suddenly turning upside down wasn't a bug, but rather how it's meant to be? Interesting......

Few things to note about cannon/bomb combo on harriers.....

1. Don't use cannon on tanks. Unless you get a perfect rear shot on the tank, you wouldn't be able to kill with without going through at least half of your reserve. Use a bomb instead.

If you VTOL on the west side on the car port structure at Outpost Mikel, you can kill the T-90 that spawns there in as little as 50 rounds of cannon aimed at the rear. A manned T-90 will catch on fire after 75-90 rounds of cannon to the rear.

A thing to note, none of the vehicles, or infantry AI will engage any jet, regardless of VTOL. Pavlov is a cake walk for CAS if all the AA are destroyed. Which can happen in the first 5 minutes of the round.

VTOL around uncontested. BTRs,  BMPs, T-90s, and Inf are no match for a Harrier in VTOL.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Footage of an average VTOL aircraft takeoff from a carrier in PR (ca 2020, colorized)

3QHzwEv.gif

That's the funniest gif I've seen in a long time!  Laughing at that for a few minutes, still have a stupid grin as I type... lmfao! :tatice_03:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1