• Announcements

• =VG= SemlerPDX

VG Server Standard Maintenance & Updates - Monday, November 2nd 2020   10/23/2020

All VG Game Servers including TS3 will be going down for standard maintenance and updates on Monday November 2nd, 2020.  The Falcon BMS Server will go down as well, but for a shorter period (less work there) - any pilots flying at the time will be asked for ETA of RTB, and server will be saved after they land and before shutdown.   Downtime is estimated to be less than 4 hours, but could be shorter (or as long as 8 hours) depending on a number of factors.  TS3 may come back online, only to go back offline shortly after, so expect this until it is announced to be completed.  Please consider the VG Discord Server's Voice Channels as an alternative to TeamSpeak 3 if it goes down on you and your friends.
      Request any technical help in the VG Discord from Nyther (aka 8-bit).  Cheers!
      https://veterans-gaming.com/index.php?/discord/
Syntaxx

Sup everyone!

Hello, my name is Syntaxx

I'm just a normal guy who likes to play and watch tactical and semi-milsim games like insurgency, arma and squad. Initialy, I'm a cod player but soon took the path of tactical genre because I like the feel and the immersion. I used to play games like Ghost Recon and Socom  back in the day. As of now, I'm currently active at the PR COOP SERVER, you may see me as an obedient squad member or sometimes a squadleader. I'm chill and kind person so feel free to talk with me in game.

Hope everyone have a nice day and see you on the battlefield!

• Upvote 2

Welcome to the community @Syntaxx! Good to see fellow team-oriented players find their way to our site :) .

Feel free to join us in TeamSpeak at ts3.veterans-gaming.com to have a chat!

:crigon_04: Syntaxx! Hope you have fun on our servers! We host from time to time arma events so keep an eye open if you want some action with the arma mongs! 

Hello and welcome!  I used to be a Socom guy back in the day, too... was online in 1, 2, and 3 for PS2 with that big old janky pop-in modem module.  The good old days when VOIP was new and using voice recognition in single player to issue commands to AI bots was apparently "unimpressive".  (I loved it, obviously!!)

See you around! :drinks: 

23 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Hello and welcome!  I used to be a Socom guy back in the day, too... was online in 1, 2, and 3 for PS2 with that big old janky pop-in modem module.  The good old days when VOIP was new and using voice recognition in single player to issue commands to AI bots was apparently "unimpressive".  (I loved it, obviously!!)

See you around! :drinks: 

I remember the old days when just being able to say fire into my NES LaserScope headset made by Konami was sick. It was mind blowing when I was 5 maybe 7 years old. Playing games like After Burner, Ultimate Air Combat, and Top Gun with one simple voice command was so cool lol. Being able to issue voice commands in any game and seeing AI or even your own character acting out said commands is an awesome sight to behold.

Also, welcome to the forums Syntaxx. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome to the community.

1 hour ago, Golden said:

I remember the old days when just being able to say fire into my NES LaserScope headset made by Konami was sick. It was mind blowing when I was 5 maybe 7 years old.

I would have thought you a little older ;p
When I was 6 my father put in front of a c128 ...   ^^that was mindblowing for me. but much more than this "graphic miracle" it was the moment when I realized that everything is possible with this box...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

Welcome to the community.

I would have thought you a little older ;p
When I was 6 my father put in front of a c128 ...

The C128 came out some time around '85. I came out in '89. I remember my friend's dad playing "Trinity" on his C128. I had no idea what he was doing at the time, he seemed to be talking to a "bird lady." I would assume some mutant thing in the game.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

C128?!

hell of a machine^^  but to be honest, at this age I didn't do anything else with the C128 than type "go64" and push enter.

Load "barbarian" ,8,1

• Like 1

On 23/09/2020 at 9:31 PM, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

Load "barbarian" ,8,1

I started with the sinclair spectrum 48k barbarian was much better than horace goes skiing  LOL,, but 48k  still ran Elite  : ) if you could get your copied cassette tape to load,  

download.jpg.95d9c2ecd2e2e5007d25a978ac46eef5.jpg

300px-ZXSpectrum48k.jpg.5c0e198257b0f58049e5f2d5406cfadf.jpg hqdefault.jpg.1c7a7f0063ec28dc78078d3298230206.jpg