Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

There's no such thing as a runway too short or a slope too steep...

=VG= XOR

So i revised & updated  [REVISED][UPDATED] Tips Rarely 'Tipped' , cos i had some time away from home, so i figure i might as well bump it with a post that kills the myth of short/bad/difficult runways and steep slopes that trans isn't 'down with'.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, X0R said:

Negative Throttle

Dropping the collective.... Increasing the collective... 

:acute:

90% of terrain in PR can be considered LZ material as long as you know how to control the collective, or rather, negative throttle lol.

There are some areas of some maps that are just hopelessly too steep to land on because you can't react fast enough no matter your sensitivity to correct your course before you crash either forward, or backwards depending on which direction you're facing when you land.

6 hours ago, =VG= keed said:

I also use the left hand hill as a ski ramp. Works with a tad less rudder

I do the same thing lol. Now that they removed OOB penalty on Bamyan, no worries when flying the A-10.

P.S. Great videos XOR. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Not a bad way to tackle the Banyam airfield but it is still a crappy air field, the point is we should be able to take off in the length of the runway and not need to resort to using hills as ramps, I noticed you weren't game to try and land it coming from the proper direction rofl!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

I noticed you weren't game to try and land it coming from the proper direction rofl!

I usually land slightly diagonally, cutting across the runway into the taxy way about 50m from the beginning of the runway, so to save time taxing back around to rearm. If you do it right, you'll come to a stop right inside rearm area. Trims a good 2 minutes off the process of RTB for ammo and/or repairs.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, =VG= keed said:

Did anybody find out how one can vertically land the Harrier reliably? I dabbled around with it but sometimes it just wants to go for the drink nose first.

Hug the ground a low as you feel comfortable. Slow down to around 180 before nosing up to a near vertical climb. Wait for the jet to slow down to near zero before letting the nose back down to level. You should hear the change in flight mode, then you're in VTOL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/22/2020 at 3:38 PM, =VG= keed said:

Did anybody find out how one can vertically land the Harrier reliably? I dabbled around with it but sometimes it just wants to go for the drink nose first.

Everything golden said, minus the near vertical climb....

*excuse the verbosity, I figured i might as well make a video to summarize VTOL for  anyone with an aversion to VTOL shit in PR, for this topic*

https://veterans-gaming.com/index.php?/forums/topic/9492-pr-vtols-oversimplified/

• Upvote 1