Connorsponner01

Anyone else get this?

Was this via PM on the VG website or personal email? I ask because I received very similar email's for work related stuff but the phrasing was similar and seemed like a phishing scam that is going around. 

Either way,  add myself or @=VG= SemlerPDXto the PM on the VG message and we can push it around.

• Upvote 1

@=VG= m823us this is a GMail screenshot

@Connorsponner01

likely a tracker on your computer has registered the websites you visit and noticed you spend a lot of time on veterans-gaming.com (Good, very good!). Scammers then use this information to get to you. Don't click ANYTHING in that e-mail and DONT CLICK THE UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON EITHER. Shawn Mendes is a famous celebrity who doesnt rely on mailing to random people for promotion. Every URL in this e-mail is fake.

(Obviously you know this, but I'm putting it out here for everyone to read)

Please check the e-mail address that you received it from (by pressing the little arrow next to 'to connorsponner' at the top of the screen.) It's likely a throwaway account.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Phishing ... we get it all the time.

Think of it like this: even if it was legit, we don't do whatever they are vaguely asking us to do... "placing relevant non-promotional content" ... what a load of bullshit! haha!  The impropriety alone of contacting a member as if we don't have a website FILLED with ways to contact other people on said website is enough to tell you that even if they were NOT a scam bot (which they are) that we want NOTHING to do with them.  If someone/some group is so incompetent that they use such means to pose a legitimate business inquiry with the folks here involved with management and ownership of VG, they can fuck right off.  I don't do business with morons.

Nothing new at all... I get crap like that now and then that gets past the old spam filter in gmail, and ya just gotta add it as spam, and move on.  Like Acro said, even the seemingly legit "unsubscribe" links are as evil as anything else they are trying to do.

You better get to a free clinic, I bet you got some digital STD just from opening that... :tatice_03:
WASH YOUR FILTHY HANDS! haha

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, =VG= Acro1 said:

. Don't click ANYTHING in that e-mail and DONT CLICK THE UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON EITHER.

And make sure you have restricted web code on your e mail account, or when you open it every bot on the web will jump on you.  Ping back tracking. 

Ask them to send 120$ USDs  to Timothy Wiggle Worth  by  Western Union and e mail a photo copy of their foot to......... 

IDCheck.io: Fast & Secure Identity Verification Service www.idcheck.free.sites.com

And then you can begin your romance :)

9 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

You better get to a free clinic, I bet you got some digital STD just from opening that...

ROFL! :rofl:

• Like 1