Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Deployment players

Vanillapop

3 hours ago, =VG= Vanillapop said:

Any VG member or just any of our players intrested in playing on deployment?

deployment is for little girls!  COOP! ;p

maybe I would join spontaneously. I have a lot to do at the moment and unfortunately cannot call a fixed time ...

I would be interested.

I started in Deployment, but it became too stressful, so I was looking for more relaxed options and found COOP with a cool community. The problem is, that I don't wanna go back now without squadmates that I can 100% trust. Ideally I know what they will be doing or where they will be moving if event x happens. Could only do that with the old people I know from COOP.

So sign me up.

Problems from my side: I am  drowning in work atm and other very serious real life shit. A lot is happening in parallel and I have a hard time handling everything atm. If we do this, then only on a weekend, and with a bit of planning in advance, please.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Johnny__Rico said:

So sign me up.

Problems from my side: I am  drowning in work atm and other very serious real life shit. A lot is happening in parallel and I have a hard time handling everything atm. If we do this, then only on a weekend, and with a bit of planning in advance, please.

No problem man I'll see if I can get an event started to run every weekend and will get a calendar going.

• Upvote 3

I used to go on Deployment for a more hardcore experience. Loved how serious everyone took it and how tactical it was. After coming back to the game and trying it again, was the worst experience I have ever had in PR. Literally felt like a clown fiesta! I'm sure it was a one off time but  I was for sure disappointed.

• Upvote 1

@Connorsponner01 unfortunately, right now I'd say it's far from a one off. I remember the days lime you said, but every time I tried deployment in the past 2 years, its disappointing how much of a fragfest it became. Much less consideration for asset value, teamwork etc. You'd find a lot of good player still, but every team usually has enough clowns to give admins a headache, and a lot of vehicles are lost because of poor piloting etc.

• Upvote 1

Well it depends. I for one have fun from time to time. But mostly its a sniper/ asset waste world... i stopped playing because of HOG snipers and campers (also some rules are just misinterpreted just so the admins can make room for others... which i find disturbing) , because of Candy Van trolls/toxic behavior and also PRTA is mostly full when i try to join.

Too many being undisciplined... I want cooperation, I want a team that knows how to properly communicate. I hate those Rambo Snipers, i hate asset wasters and mostly those that join a side from another pc or even themselves and send info to the other team (and yes, I had such an encounter)... Thats why when i do deployment i do it with friends...

I wish VG had a deployment server so we can all have a good set of rules. I love the coop server even though its not 100% cooperation from time to time, but if we can do coop we can also do deployment! We have potential and a reputation among many deployment players! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, =VG= .Blizzard. said:

we can also do deployment!

I agree, I like the idea. However, in my opinion, VG is understaffed for deployment. It's whole different ball game. It's not just 40 people on one team. It's 50 on both teams, which will make it hard to keep track of BS. I do believe that, although VG administration is topnotch, hands down some of the best, it will be testy, stretched thin, and stressed out. 

All while having to maintain COOP at the same time.

But again, that's just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, =VG= .Blizzard. said:

I wish VG had a deployment server so we can all have a good set of rules.

This! I have been thinking about this since I got back and agree! I think it would be great to at least try. Test whether VG needs more staff, or whether we are able to get the playerbase required.

VG is honestly the last hope I have for deployment in this game. It's the only server I trust staff in and see players that actually take the game seriously anymore (more or less). But either way I love this server and it's community, it's the only reason I come back to PR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Connorsponner01 said:

VG is honestly the last hope I have for deployment in this game.

It would be good to have a contingency in the event HOG were to dissolve. I doubt that happening though. If it did however, people would need a structured environment to play. VG would certainly fill the gap. Free Candy Van is a different, more convoluted story.

They've disappeared before, and I had heard that their server license was revoked do to poor decision making on the administration's part. I've heard stories of the abuse and seen first hand what happens when Bludrake doesn't get what he wants haha.

Could just be a rumor, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me considering the crowd that magnetises to that server. I believe the server is under different ownership now but retaining the original name of the server will probably attract the same crowd that used to terrorize that server.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...