Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Music in trans

RizlaQc

The key problem being that users have no way of quickly/easily turning down the volume of someone's direct chat (music spam) and also not everyone enjoys it, to be fair.  If a Squad Leader needs to communicate with other Squad Leaders during transport, they have to fight to hear what is being said, or maybe they want to brief their Squad for landing, etc. etc. etc.

You're not the first, you won't be the last, but take it to heart that it's not always as enjoyable for those getting a ride as you might hope.  If you had some way of ensuring that it was at a low, ambient volume, I doubt anyone would mind quite so much -- but that's not the case at all, and you can't know the volume at which what your spam is heard, how much (or how little) it drowns out other essential in-game communication.

Obviously your intent is for fun and not to annoy, but it's a fine line there, brother.  Hate to be a wet blanket.  Same with Kav, I'm sure.

• Upvote 2

This topic is as old as the game lol.

The first memberable moment I had in PR was when I played on a Vietnam map as a newb while Hueys flew along blasting CCR over local chat. I was instantly immersed into the moment. If done correctly it is possible to understand both the pilot and the surrounding. @FoeHammer had a viable method of feeding his mumble PPT into the music stream (via Virtual Audio Cable). The volume of the music wasn't louder than the engine sound for effect volume at 10% so every word was understood.

But since he was really the only one I ever met to bother making it as least as annoying we discourage playing music over mumble.

In the end I can understand both sides - but the side that is potentionally being disruptive or annoying always loses.

TLDR: Melon please add CCR to the huyes via left mouse button:) /S

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

find yourself a digital or physical mixer. (Physical over Digital for obvious reasons)

Golden and I both use mixers and I plug my phone into it, That allows me to pause and adjust the volume as needed.

One thing I do is always have the volume of the music higher going into my headset then into the output, so it will always be louder for me then anyone around me, keeps me from accidentally washing people out. You can play back the output to your headset so you can check the volume yourself and then turn off the playback when your satisfied.

Music in PR is a great thing, but as with everything, there is a time and a place for it. several of us that fly Trans or CAS always play music without causing communication issues for squads or to the pilot.

funny enough, I also have a glitch that causes the local chat to be farther and farther back depending on the speed of the vehicle, so I always need to be landed or have them squad leader chat to me, Music or not, I cant really hear anybody from the back in flight unless I slow down... hasn't caused issues yet.

Just play around with it until you find your groove with you being able to hear everyone and them hear you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2