Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Example: Arma 2 Kit Loadout Selector - could use something like this in A3

=VG= SemlerPDX

Very old file, recorded with FRAPS well over 5 years ago in 720x480, but good enough for an example...

I've been having a hard time getting back into Arma at VG, now that we are on Arma 3 - when we had spent so much time improving the game in Arma 2, to come into Arma 3 and see things that are behind the curve of the level we had worked up to in Arma 2 with regards to standards, it's hard to go backwards in some areas... particularly weapons and gear selection.... no mods, just scripting here - easily recreated in Arma 3 (hopefully soon) for future VG Arma 3 events or even our daily persistent servers.

Back in Arma 2, I hated watching my fellow e-soldier suckling at the big green ammo box, navigating through list after list of items and gear... took forever, friends having to patiently wait for friends to get their loadout setup for the next operation. This is an example of two of the three GUI's I created in A2 to simplify loadouts.

This was the general Kit selector GUI that I made for VG in Arma 2... You'd get your standard loadout here, and after that, the same pile of backpacks has the Backpack selector GUI, and finally, a Gear and ammo box specifically for single item / gear choices (actual weapons, thrown/placed objects, ammo of all types and capacities, and any extras per mission/mod - complete with 2D preview and information, and simple 'rearm' button). Then of course, these customized 'kits' could be saved to a list for the player to select from easily loading a previous kit. Luckily, that 'save loadout' function has persisted into VG Arma 3 servers, but the kit and gear selection GUI is severely depreciated compared to this example in Arma 2.

• Upvote 2