Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation Slayer |Day1|

=VG= .Blizzard.

Bump! A map will be playing 2 hours before the event. Its a test map where you guys will be preping for the operation. Startis is the map. 

You will be sorting out your radios and test weapons/gear/ vehicles.

Frequencies for long range radios are as follow, for the event:

-Diver Leaders: C1FQ 60                                         

-CAS Leader : C2FQ 64                                           Where C = channel; FQ=Frequency;

- Tetra Lead: C3FQ 69

Although i might not be present at the start of the test map due to some small issues with an infection i have at my left eye, after an hour i will join you all.

Had a lot of fun once it got going!  Excellent debrief afterwards, lots of notes on what went well, and what needs improvement.  Most importantly, we're gonna try to make sure startup is more expedited, and again work towards a common VG Mod Pack that will be used for all Arma 3 events, so our patrons do not have the hassle of getting it all set up each time.  We're also going to discuss better times, and also other days to run events, I believe we settled on starting these about two hours sooner than this event started, and also trying to avoid conflict with any other weekly get-togethers if able. 

Blizzard had also mentioned difficulty juggling the tasks of running the event and also participating as a Commander, so we'll get him some help next time and assign him an FAC to take up the slack.  More training ops and some dedicated sessions for teaching some A3 skills are definitely in order, and we'll see what we can do once we settle on a common mod pack we can all agree on.

:drinks: 

Thanks for everyone who joined and played, and special thanks to Blizzard for the event!

*edit:  Here's a link to a  .mkv file of my footage from the event.  It's 1080p 60FPS at 3500bps, there were some muddling issues in the grass when I moved, didn't know that or I'd have tried to stay more still as a camera....  File size is large but it's 2 hours and 49 minutes of raw footage (unedited) and includes the extended after action report in TeamSpeak at the end.

There should be 2 audio tracks in the file as seen in an editor, one is purely game sound, and the other is any VOIP like my own mic and TeamSpeak (and hopefully all of the TFAR audio).  This is so editing can pull out any bullshit (maybe a cough or something) without killing the in-game audio, so if anyone uses this, please - feel free to remove any crazy yelling, coughing, or general bullshit from the VOIP audio channel.

I also don't care if it's just uploaded as-is somewhere, without being edited... might be a bit boring in many stages, maybe some loud screaming here or there, but it's fine with me.

Raw .mkv file -- (4.75GB):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/txp8iv1jqk6zp3b/Operation Slayer - Day 1.mkv?dl=1

• Upvote 1

• =VG= Acro1 unpinned and unfeatured this topic