Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation Slayer |Day1|

=VG= .Blizzard.

Operation Slayer |Day1|

Arma 3 Event

6th June 2020

2100 HRS -GMT

Max 20 Players

Small Operation - 1 to 2 Hours Long

107410_screenshots_20200527132943_1.thumb.jpg.67967eb447e135ce29f6b2dbb1c4942a.jpg

BRIEF 

After a catastrophic defeat NATO forces were forced to abandon Chernarus back in 2015. The peacekeepers were driven out of the island by the R.E.D (Russian elite division).

Now in the year 2020, with the change of NATO command, a small battalion, mostly consisted of US operatives, is set to infiltrate a small island of Chernarus to eliminate one of the head commanders of the R.E.D and so, to deliver the first strike against the enemy.

Objective : 

The SOCOM units whom have already been dispatched on the island will first destroy the radar and the ammo caches on the island to prevent the fast rearm of the enemy units on the island. After their job will be to either regroup with the diver team and kill the HVT or go assassinate the commander on their own.

Diver teams will insert on the island and clean any remaining forces while searching for the HVT.

Expect retaliation!

107410_screenshots_20200527140523_1.thumb.jpg.a3331860acbf994fc22af2231ba11d92.jpg

Assets

2 --> F/A-181 Black Wasp II;

2 --> UH-60 Black Hawk;

1 --> Bell UH-1Y Venom;

2 --> SDV;

1 --> CH-47 Chinook;

Rules :

1. CAS is not allowed to take off unless it has been called by infantry, to prevent the loss of the asset too fast.

2. Infantry is not allowed to Rambo. This is a coop mission, not PR!

3. Trans is not allowed to do insertions on the island if the AAs are still up.

You will need to be in Teamspeak. TFAR enabled.

4. NO KIT RESTRICTION! But make sure you aren`t a cyborg either! (NO VIPER/2035 Thermal NVG/ VRsuit).

Modshttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2115753805

• 13.75 GB needed.

Squad Selection 

Commander: =VG= .Blizzard.

Alpha:

Leader: =VG= Deathdealer

Medic: =VG= BLuDKLoT

Rifleman: =VG= SemlerPDX

Rifleman: =VG= BinkleDinkle

Fanny Pirates:

Fanny 1 Actual: =VG= m823us 

Medic: =VG= asquirrel456

Rifleman: =VG= Orracis

Rifleman: ChickenJason123

Charlie:

Leader: Alaura

Medic: =VG= Kavelenko

Rifleman: Whiskey-Mike

Rifleman:

CAS/Trans:

Leader: =VG= keed

Pilot: =VG= TEDF

Pilot: =VG= l3RY4N

Pilot:

Tetra (SOCOM)*:

Leader: Hoops

Engineer: marc1281

Demo: =VG= Fastjack

Medic: =VG= Sausag3

Tetra squad is required! So please fill it

=VG= .Blizzard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I should be able to join this time!

As =VG= m823us asked, will the squads kit, besides medic and squad leader, be strict rifleman?

I am new to Arma 3, so I'd prefer not to take such a big responsibility to be medic for this event. I'd love to try AR kit and/or marksman. Maybe it's too soon for the AT, I'll look for a practice server so I'll gain some experience.

• Upvote 1

Nope . Rifleman can mean anything from AR to AT or whatever you would like to do. There is no restriction.

But the medics are forced to have at least one FAK or Medkit. This is why they are called a specific role. As for the SOCOM they all have faks but only one is a medic and they have restricted kits until they find an arsenal. 

NO KIT RESTRICTION! But make sure you aren`t a cyborg either! 

• Upvote 2

Due to some family problems i will not be able to run the event on 13th of June. Instead i can have it running this weekend 6th of June or the other weekend 20th of June. 

Please let me know when you guys are able to join and which date you prefer. The hour will still be 21:00 GMT.

Sorry for the inconvenience!:hi:

Toss me in the squad with @=VG= BLuDKLoT - we'll figure out the 5,500 Arma 3 keyboard commands together... will be fun.

*here's a WIP webpage I was working on, image and download of the great keybindings printout for Arma 3 controls, it folds into a triangle you can flip around depending on what you're doing at the time...
https://veterans-gaming.com/index.php?/vg_arma3_controls/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Put me down for CAS flight leader, please.

• What's the max view distance set up server side?
  • The Super Hornet Mod provides the single seat F/A-18 E and the tandem seat F/A-18 F, which one did you implement? (Tandem seat is more interesting and limits our ability to kill everything and make it boring for INF)
  • Akin to unresricted arsenal, do we have control over our pylons/munitions via script? (Like the vanilla "hold space" thing.)
  • I assume we conduct ops from the carrier, correct?
  • Upvote 1

On 03/06/2020 at 9:00 AM, =VG= keed said:

Put me down for CAS flight leader, please.

• What's the max view distance set up server side?
  • The Super Hornet Mod provides the single seat F/A-18 E and the tandem seat F/A-18 F, which one did you implement? (Tandem seat is more interesting and limits our ability to kill everything and make it boring for INF)
  • Akin to unresricted arsenal, do we have control over our pylons/munitions via script? (Like the vanilla "hold space" thing.)
  • I assume we conduct ops from the carrier, correct?

1. Max view distance is up to you. Mod for that!

2. Removed the f/a 18 added f/a 181 due to some issues with the mod.

3.FIR AWS (air weapon system) No script. Haven t found a good one yet. And the arsenal is unrestricted but try not to become a CYBORG.( read the rules above).

4. Yep! 

All squads will be briefed. Till then,best of luck and make sure you prepare for them!

HQ over and out!:hi:

Edit: Changed date to 6th of June!

• Upvote 1

@=VG= .Blizzard. If you know what you are doing, we can get a headless client set up for the mission - but I'd advise that Ciro is absent and I'm rusty in places.  Huge emphasis on YOU knowing what you're doing, and if so, can give you the access you need to do the technical work - but no worries if it's not in the cards for this event.  COVID has our Arma 3 server goals left on the back burner, but great things are coming!

• Upvote 1

Yep we will have a training before the event.

2 Hours before the event i will have another map set ready for training!

Headless well.. i don t know exactly how to do it. But i ll try to get it working for a test map. Also there is a mod for that, but too hard for me. I ll need someone with some experience. :))

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

can we get someone to stream so I can upload to VG youtube? I'll try but mine gets choppy not sure why, it definitely shouldn't be, but I cant figure it out. And it's 2pm PST right? Blud

Yea, I'll be recording the event and will put the files in dropbox afterwards, if it's raw and unedited, it's gonna be a couple GB's... probably a couple hours long.  Would be fine with you uploading them to VG youtube, instead of my own.  

I don't know if I'll have streaming setup by then, was having issues with Twitch last week, my video ended up not having audio.  I have some lame footage with no sound from last event, but I have since fixed the audio so it won't happen again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1