Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Omaha Beach

=VG= m823us

3 hours ago, Rabbit said:

What issues?

Most of the other players reported they struggled with getting it past the beach and couldn't get past the gates of 71 ( First flag past the beach flags and could be wrong on name). They tried to navigate the hills but IDK if it was lack of experience and causing logi to flip via multiple attempts with different players.  I will take some time in offline and try to find some better routes for people. Tanks are advancing but if logistics can't follow up that slows the game down a lot. 

Some other struggles were reported a lack of repair station/support for tanks after advancement on beach flags.  I can not vouch to confirm if this does exist or not since I don't normally play assets but will continue to validate. 

I personally would like to see a delayed repair station on beach if possible for tank support/logi rearm and some ability to get a more streamlined logistical approach from beach flags to front. I don't see a lot of players with advanced logi support so maybe they haven't found the correct route or there may be too many obstacles preventing it or we, the players haven't triggered events on the map to make certain things happen.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, =VG= m823us said:

Most of the other players reported they struggled with getting it past the beach and couldn't get past the gates of 71 ( First flag past the beach flags and could be wrong on name)

Meh. We do manage to push away from beach but the CTD make it kinda unplayable. Only minority are not affected with the CTD & are the ones holding whatever remaining flag left until the rest rejoin & than CTD again.

For the logi, they really need to use the map properly to navigate the obstacles. Some do manage to bring it forward as they know which route to use.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, =VG= m823us said:

Most of the other players reported they struggled with getting it past the beach and couldn't get past the gates of 71 ( First flag past the beach flags and could be wrong on name). They tried to navigate the hills but IDK if it was lack of experience and causing logi to flip via multiple attempts with different players.  I will take some time in offline and try to find some better routes for people. Tanks are advancing but if logistics can't follow up that slows the game down a lot. 

Some other struggles were reported a lack of repair station/support for tanks after advancement on beach flags.  I can not vouch to confirm if this does exist or not since I don't normally play assets but will continue to validate. 

I personally would like to see a delayed repair station on beach if possible for tank support/logi rearm and some ability to get a more streamlined logistical approach from beach flags to front. I don't see a lot of players with advanced logi support so maybe they haven't found the correct route or there may be too many obstacles preventing it or we, the players haven't triggered events on the map to make certain things happen.

The concrete gates by the bunker? Have someone destroy them. The belgium gates on the other hand are non destroyable; adding an importance to the D-1 draw.

Repair station is pretty hard to get away with once the beach flags are capture. You cant really spawn stuff in on the beach till the trenches with the mortars are taken otherwise they will just mortar you while you are in it.

Going to ask Arab if he could add a repair drop to the logi landing boat to act the same way the logi truck does. Its not a perfect fix but would be interested to see if it helps even a little.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

The concrete gates by the bunker? Have someone destroy them. The belgium gates on the other hand are non destroyable; adding an importance to the D-1 draw.

I had reports that players were not able to destroy them either by TNT or ramming a vehicle into them.  As I said, I will confirm this offline and see what they mean.  I will report back and try to get better reports from players using the assets about current events.  

10 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Going to ask Arab if he could add a repair drop to the logi landing boat to act the same way the logi truck does. Its not a perfect fix but would be interested to see if it helps even a little.

I appreciate that, small fixes like that make the game more manageable for our player base.  Granted, I did have @=VG= Kavelenko call in area attacks one round to fix the lack of kits accessed to kill the enemy apc's and tanks and we survived so we have found some work around.   

As always, thank you folks for the hard work you do to keep this amazing game alive after so many years.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, =VG= m823us said:

I had reports that players were not able to destroy them either by TNT or ramming a vehicle into them.  As I said, I will confirm this offline and see what they mean.  I will report back and try to get better reports from players using the assets about current events.  

Strange, try using 3 rounds HE from the sherman, just tested and that worked.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

If I were to make the tanks that originally spawn way back at the boats non respawnable but add tanks that spawn on the boats after you take the trenches be a good change or worse change. 

I think this would be worse because once that OPFOR armor turns up to WN72 and you have no tanks to combat them, you're screwed unless you have a full server. What would be an improvement would be Logi's spawning once we capped the beach not the bunkers especially once the server settings go back to the large crate deployment for building FOBs. At the moment we can spawn them without a crate which is handy but it would kill the server if we reverted to our normal settings.

13 minutes ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

I think this would be worse because once that OPFOR armor turns up to WN72 and you have no tanks to combat them, you're screwed unless you have a full server. What would be an improvement would be Logi's spawning once we capped the beach not the bunkers especially once the server settings go back to the large crate deployment for building FOBs. At the moment we can spawn them without a crate which is handy but it would kill the server if we reverted to our normal settings.

I can delay the german tanks to 15 minutes. That would give you a 2 tank advantage for the first 15 minutes as long as they arnt killed. It would also mean if you lose a tank you dont have to drive it all the way from main base but rather just from the beach provided you took the trenches.

• Upvote 1

Is it possible to shift the tank spawn to the beach instead after capping the WN flags? At least one tank at each sides (like when we cap WN 71, the tank spawn will be shifted north of the flag on the beach the same spot as the repair station spawn). It will only do it when the manned tank is dead. If not, tanks squad need to drive the tanks all the way from the sea.

Just now, Cruizer said:

Is it possible to shift the tank spawn to the beach instead after the cap the WN flags. At least one tank at each sides (link when we cap WN 71, the tank spawn will be shifted north of the flag on the beach the same spot as the repair station spawn). It will only do it when the manned tank is dead. If not, tanks squad need to drive the tanks all the way from the sea.

No there isnt. Its either keep the current system or the new way I just purposed. 

I think it would be worse as Kav mentioned.  Most of the time we don't see tanks roll onto beach flags from either side due to how long it takes assets to arrive. Infantry have usually capped both beach flags by the time they get to the beach and start attacking 71. This may change due to player base not having enough knowledge that tanks exist, as most just do infantry based attacks. We have had a few rounds where TANKS are pushed at the start and we have good results. 

Overall, I feel AT kits are struggling, myself including and just need some more time using the kits.  That is more player side though.  This is getting kits to soldiers, supplying ammo, and practice.  We can work on this aspect and improve.  Just a matter of time of players getting more comfortable. 

9 hours ago, Rabbit said:

It would also mean if you lose a tank you dont have to drive it all the way from main base but rather just from the beach provided you took the trenches.

There's a good idea that adds to the theme of D-Day, you could still leave it so the support ships show up once the trenches have been secured and also have the tanks spawn inside the ships as well as the logis.

I don't know if the tanks would fit though?

52 minutes ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

There's a good idea that adds to the theme of D-Day, you could still leave it so the support ships show up once the trenches have been secured and also have the tanks spawn inside the ships as well as the logis.

I don't know if the tanks would fit though?

That's what the plan was, while having non respawnable ones with the landing craft. So the ones that would spawn in with the boats after trenches are taken would be their replacements.

• Upvote 2