Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

CHECK YOUR FIRE!!!

=VG= HaterOneActual

This is a notice to check fire!  Holy hot hell, I have not seen such lousy discipline in a long time.  TK's happen ... but this is some excessive laziness IMHO when players in general cannot take a few extra moments to evaluate who they are shooting at, to not try harder to maintain situational awareness with the map where able (being essentially a BLUFOR tracker including individual soldiers).

Feel bad for ya, Hater - you got pwn'd pretty hard by your own team.  Commendable restraint with the use of !w instead of !damntohell

All you admins, feel free to get pushy with the global !say command and tell folks to CHECK FIRE! and to use their maps, take a sec to learn the uniform difference between OPFOR and BLUFOR on the current map, or ask someone.

:hi:

• Like 1

Man, I feel your pain... Even before 1.6 people had issues with target identification...

Out of a squad of people moving to a point, I would be the one shot by friendlies, or get lit up by skittish fuckers around a corner.

I've taken to  !kill commanding people that have blatant issues with PID, or for people that feel like using bullets to communicate "I need a ride" is better then their words...

• Like 1

A notable and continuing issue in gaming. I think the only thing these kinds of players respect is when the action they take messes with their game time.

So a short term ban / time out is worth it as they will weigh their actions against the fact that if they persist and kill a friendly, instead of having to spend the extra few seconds it would have taken to ID their target they will have to sit out the whole day, week, month on the sidelines depending on the severity of the infraction.

Then by obvious process of elimination, those that will adhere to the discipline required to play will return contrite, while the less worthy will move on.

• Upvote 1

It's a hard fact to juggle:  New players need direction, encouragement, before they get turned off the game, and before they get banned for not understanding it.  It's a fine line between those things, new players are essentially on the fence until they know which way it's gonna go -- m823us reminds me often that I forget this is NOT AT ALL the normal way people play FPS games, team based or not, and we need to show people how they can participate and enjoy that aspect rather than shooting at anything that moves and asking questions later.

If we just ban them all, any attempts to grow a new player base in this ancient game will be wasted efforts...  The true 'bad' ones will show in time, for now, patience is a virtue as we deal with a new influx of players and fold them into the PR way of gaming, and the VG way of playing PR COOP.  Again, commendable restraint and patience Hater, you're not alone - we feel for ya, bro!!

• Upvote 1

On 5/26/2020 at 1:49 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

This is a notice to check fire!  Holy hot hell, I have not seen such lousy discipline in a long time.  TK's happen ... but this is some excessive laziness IMHO when players in general cannot take a few extra moments to evaluate who they are shooting at, to not try harder to maintain situational awareness with the map where able (being essentially a BLUFOR tracker including individual soldiers).

Feel bad for ya, Hater - you got pwn'd pretty hard by your own team.  Commendable restraint with the use of !w instead of !damntohell

All you admins, feel free to get pushy with the global !say command and tell folks to CHECK FIRE! and to use their maps, take a sec to learn the uniform difference between OPFOR and BLUFOR on the current map, or ask someone.

:hi:

Did exactly this, this morning like 8 times, gets really annoying when you get killed like 30 times by friendly fire because people are so lazy and don't wanna check if their firing at friendly or enemy. 

• Upvote 4