Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Can't enter the game.

realCarlo4SPP

So I updated PR and tried to enter it, I had to login and all that new stuff with steam support... then when I retrieved my account and clicked play the launcher closed! I waited for a bit then went to task manager to see if the game is starting. PR was not there, tried to start it again and the launcher was not in it's previous location so I deleted the shortcut and made a new one for PRLauncherLogin. Now that i try to start it nothing happens, nothing in task manager or event viewer. What do i do?

*edit: The launcher won't start!

3 hours ago, realCarlo4SPP said:

How do you mean 

I could only do it in the files, the launcher won't start!

Backup your user profile information and any other such things - uninstall PR, then reinstall it, launch it and run the update, then retrieve your account from your previous installation inside the Launcher Profiles GUI

Sounds like something got messed up.  If it happens again, you'd want to delete the base 1.6 installer zip file or whatever you used, and re-download it (potentially from the alternate source from the one you used previously) to be sure it was not a problem with the files.

Also, crucial standard practice for Windows 10 users:  Whenever you go to install new software, first right click on the installer, select Properties, and check the box next to "Unblock" near the bottom (if it exists) before running the installer/setup file for the given program or application. If a program is from a trusted source (every program you use should be in this category, but PR most certainly is) it may be wise to temporarily disable any third party security software to avoid technical issues during installation.  Turn them back on before running the program for the first time, and you should be as safe as can be expected. 

*when it comes to 'untrusted software', some folks will use Virtual Machines to isolate the program from their operating system for evaluation purposes, just an FYI, but if PR was unsafe, we all would have raised hell by now and no one would install/play their game anymore.

more info: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149815

38 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

You updated from 1.5.5 to 1.6.0.3 or 1.6.0.X to 1.6.0.3?

I had to reinstall PR to get 1.6. Many update Errors nd one guyin the PR forum posted the same problem with his launcher as you described.

A complete reinstall fixed it.

yea something like that. Ill uninstall the game and install it again. 

i always have a /pr/mods/BIN backup. but i forgot to update it to 1.6 and im in a pickle right now.

i don't have a fix, but always have a backup of the BIN files, game crashed on me in 1.6 and the whole file was corrupted. i've tried to put a 1.5 backup but it didn't work either.

3 hours ago, Nexwiiz said:

maybe your antivirus quarantined your pr launcher .exe

false positive?

+ thats a good idea. check your Anti Virus programs and such. they are the main reason that most of your games get corrupted.

Remove the old version go to the downloads page on the Project Reality website:

https://www.realitymod.com/downloads

I use the qBittorrent program to download it because its recommended and its the fastest way to do it.

image.png.625632bad093e3d65f500c6f41dd9d76.png

Follow the installations instructions here:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99834

7 hours ago, Ereen said:

Can you get a picture/description of the error? if it shows you a log that should be easy. i think there is a log somewhere in the game folders but im not sure where is it, im going to check it for you.

The problem is I don't think the game is starting at all, cuz I get no errors or anything anywhere. 

On 5/8/2020 at 6:10 PM, realCarlo4SPP said:

How do you mean 

1. The video settings can be edited here: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con
  2. BACKUP THE Video.con !!!!
  3. Open with Text Editor
  4. The VideoSettings.setResolution should be the same as your normal Display resolution and refresh rate in Hz. My normal resolution is 4k@60Hz so it looks like this:
    image.thumb.png.377edf2f7a3447d2c75549c0a845fa91.png

If you have a FullHD Display @60Hz use 1920x1080@60hz.
  5. Save the file
  6. If the resolution was not the same start the game and check if it helped.

If you need more support do this:

Start the PR launcher, click "Support" and copy and paste everything in the Support Info field. Looks like this: 

image.png.f09c6868d1bb863aec0f428133576614.png

With this we know what system you have. Right now it's just guessing.

• Like 1

if your launcher wont start.

try downloading an older version of the game, 1.5.3>etc

and then update the game it wont take 3gb from you. happend to me once so i got back to an older version and fixed it.

12345.PNG.5551c03a9992c95404b5fd130d6e2ba4.PNG

p.s: DO NOT COPY THE BIN FILES FROM THE OLD VERSION TO THE NEW ONE!. IT WILL INSTANTLY CRASH YOUR GAME AND YOUR LAUNCHER, AND CORRUPT YOUR WHOLE BIN FILES!

8 hours ago, =VG= keed said:
  1. The video settings can be edited here: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con
  2. BACKUP THE Video.con !!!!
  3. Open with Text Editor
  4. The VideoSettings.setResolution should be the same as your normal Display resolution and refresh rate in Hz. My normal resolution is 4k@60Hz so it looks like this:
    image.thumb.png.377edf2f7a3447d2c75549c0a845fa91.png

If you have a FullHD Display @60Hz use 1920x1080@60hz.
  5. Save the file
  6. If the resolution was not the same start the game and check if it helped.

If you need more support do this:

Start the PR launcher, click "Support" and copy and paste everything in the Support Info field. Looks like this: 

image.png.f09c6868d1bb863aec0f428133576614.png

With this we know what system you have. Right now it's just guessing.

My resolution is already set to the correct one: 1366x768@60Hz and I can't start the launcher

5 hours ago, Ereen said:

if your launcher wont start.

try downloading an older version of the game, 1.5.3>etc

and then update the game it wont take 3gb from you. happend to me once so i got back to an older version and fixed it.

12345.PNG.5551c03a9992c95404b5fd130d6e2ba4.PNG

p.s: DO NOT COPY THE BIN FILES FROM THE OLD VERSION TO THE NEW ONE!. IT WILL INSTANTLY CRASH YOUR GAME AND YOUR LAUNCHER, AND CORRUPT YOUR WHOLE BIN FILES!

I'll try

Honestly, at this point, you really should move this over to the Support forums at the Project Reality Website.... You are far beyond all of the basic things we all would try here, and are into the realm where it might be a good idea for the actual PR Devs to understand what is happening for you.  This will in turn be able to help others they come across with issues such as yours, or even other users who read your post (and it's eventual resolution).

Please check out the pinned topics near the top, these have information that can help and also help them help you:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

51 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Honestly, at this point, you really should move this over to the Support forums at the Project Reality Website.... You are far beyond all of the basic things we all would try here, and are into the realm where it might be a good idea for the actual PR Devs to understand what is happening for you.  This will in turn be able to help others they come across with issues such as yours, or even other users who read your post (and it's eventual resolution).

Please check out the pinned topics near the top, these have information that can help and also help them help you:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

I'll try to contact one of the devs, I have made a thread and no replies...

On 8.5.2020 at 6:10 PM, realCarlo4SPP said:

How do you mean 

On 8.5.2020 at 4:37 PM, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

you can try to uncheck "Fullscreen" in the launcher under "options / video" and see if there is an error message.

sorry i read it wrong.

8 hours ago, realCarlo4SPP said:

PRLauncher.txt:

Project Reality Log File
                              PRLauncher.exe started at: 2020-05-09T23:19:53
	                             Warning: Unable to add process job

does this have to do with anything?

to me it sounds like that windows defender or another (anti) virus tool does not let this process work.
This may be due to the fact that you may have copied it once and it now looks "manipulated" for this software.
but could also mean that an important directory/file is copy-protected or damaged.

but no idea if that's the case.
You could try to turn off all antivirus software (including defender) for a short time, uninstall PR, restart (use ccleaner, restart), turn everything off again and then reinstall pr (maybe to another directory).

if you want to try installations of older versions let me know i have 1.5.0 with all updates on a google drive.