Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Server Reports thread 1.6

BinkleDinkle

33 minutes ago, NikSRB said:

I believe I caused a server crash last night around 0130 Z. It was Khamisiyah Alt, I was flying on F-16C and as I was trying to strafe quad on north bunkers, I went a bit too low, my plane hit the bunker and sorta bounced, immediately after, the server crashed

Had the same crash today when a bot jet hit a bunker. It was flown by a human.

Edit: Map was Kashan.alt

• Upvote 1

server crash on KASHAN LRG

at 16:03:00 ZULU

//now playing muttrah alt which will keep crashing and the map randomizer  should be broken on that one//

//not sure what happend me and Sickdope were flying in formation and we told everybody not to use bot vehicles. nobody did//

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Xenalite said:

We were chatting about bot assets being used by humans yesterday. We should start enforcing a rule that bot assets are not to be operated by players by kill / kick.

Added the FIRST rule that appears on the screen to read,
"DO NOT USE the vehicles clearly intended for Bots. They will be patched out later - Admins will warn/kick players using Bot Assets"

Feedback, revisions welcome. :hi: Please also talk to players, warn them, give them a chance to return safely - if they do not comply, we must enforce this rule.  Try not to ban for it, if possible, shouldn't be necessary - just make sure they comply.  I'll add it to the Rule here on the website as an addendum -- we normally don't have these vehicles available for players, so this rule will cover times such as this when they are available and we need to enforce this.

• Upvote 2

On 5/12/2020 at 1:22 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

citation needed

i'll give you the log since idk what happend, i was loading in La drang and my game crashed. i restarted my profiles it worked on offline im trying to fix my online in the time being

-Log:

spoilerIMG2415905122018.PNG
Project Reality Log File
PRLauncher.exe started at: 2020-05-12T23:00:29
	Critical Error: An unhandled exception has occured. Details are as follows:
	Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	Further details can be found in the following file:
	[url]C:\Games\Battlefield 2 Project Reality\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.log[/url]
	Please report this error to the Project Reality Team, and include the log file in your report.
	[url="https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27"]Visit Support Forum[/url]
	 > System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Reality.BF2.Settings.GlobalLauncher.GetAutoLoginUser()
   at PRLauncher.WPF.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel.LaunchStart(LaunchType a, Boolean 
   at PRLauncher.WPF.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel.OnSelectProfile(Object a)
   at Reality.Utils.WPF.RelayCommand.Execute(Object )
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

7 hours ago, Spartanish said:

Might be Kashan / bot F-16 related issue. I saw several times player operated bot A-10  hit land or some structure on Khamisiyah and there was no server crash.

i flied a A-10 on bamyan alt as i recall, it was a bot vehicle on a human spawn for some reason, my client crashed after that.

same with the F-16 (normal one not the barak)

1 hour ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

muttrah alt

-- this is the 32 layer?

Is this confirmed to crash upon load?  This is important to confirm ASAP as this is a "Starter Map" and will always be one of the choices for the first map following a restart or crash!

always crashes in the first 1-30 minutes. the layer that has 2 bradly - 1 tank no Cas-trans

Since you have a means to fix it, try to reproduce it.  I doubt highly that getting into a Bot vehicle in game in and of itself could corrupt game files, they don't have some sort of anti-cheat system governing such things and activities in a match, and a game runs in frames, not exactly linked to however you launched the game (which included the selection of a user account and it's files in a separate location from the game).

First 1 to "thirty" minutes?  that could be every map at this point

We're looking to eliminate known "crashes when loaded" as in cannot run a match for any period of time when we're looking for those to remove altogether. That is the criteria I was trying to highlight for that sort of remark you made about that map.  It's important to be specific. 

We know they're all very unstable, please report all that stuff -- but when it comes to a map that needs to be literally removed from rotation, y'all unfortunately can't just toss up something that 'mostly crashes', ya need to be specific please.  Thank you all very much for helping!!!  Cheers!

spoilerIMG2415905122018.PNG

mostly dead princess bride2.png

Hi there, I have a couple of perplexing questions, please anyone that can help.?

Just a quick count on a complete number of maps including all variations, we seem to have around 112 maps in total. Of this total number is there any information on how many are in their "original" version 1.5 format, how many have been 'screwed' around with and how many have been 'screwed' up ?

You guys on Veteran's gaming are most fortunate in having the huge pool of players able to access your site and retain a reasonable playing ping, which is generally reflected on the consistent playing numbers exhibited on your site.

The current list of available servers in a position to offer gaming on Project Reality in cooperation form is generally around 6 or 7  at this time, generally with the exception of Veterans gaming the large majority of these coop servers are well under their player capacity, some due to their geographical location, others due to language inconsistencies and others maybe quality control is below par however,  it has certainly been most obvious that ALL servers have been suffering reduced participation rates since the introduction of version 1.6 and it's few patches to date, along with this many of the "old" long term players have also been scarce in their appearances.

Why is this so? Well although my gaming time of late has been limited due to other commitments, I have managed to participate in a couple of the "screwed-up" maps mentioned previously, namely Kashan Desert ALT & STD, Bamyan STD and Jabal ALT. My "home" server although player number is limited to 24, prior to 1.6 was operating on a reasonable comfortable basis at around 75% occupation and at certain hours at 90%.

Since the introduction of 1.6, we are extremely lucky if we can entice a number over 6 to join in and of that six, the vast majority are "new" gamers, whom when confronted with the types of "screwed-up" maps mentioned, find they are being slaughtered by a relentless never ending stream of undefendable armour and are either unable to access any armour to defend with or find what underperforming armour available all require 2 men to operate, leave the game in frustration.

I feel the dilemma of our server is not in isolation and there is no doubt that Veteran's gaming numbers have been reduced of late and comprising of many "new" players, so in conclusion, what in the bloody hell can be done to return the PR game we all love and enjoy playing with like minded people, to one which whilst entertaining, is also competitive, free flowing, achievable, winnable and "server friendly" whether you have 5 or 40 players on line?

In respect to my first question of concern on which of the 112 odd maps are still "as per version1.5" and not "screwed-up", knowing what maps are still virtually untouched by the 1.6 kiss of death, enable my server to cut these maps out of the regular rotation and ensure those left can be tackled by a smaller number of gamers and ensures those gaming can with some effort and fair play, be assured of an amicable conclusion and possible win.

All of the concerns mentioned have 1 other degree of difficulty and that's being able to get through a game without the bloody thing crashing !!!!!!!!!!!

Long winded, somewhat, but I just felt the need to air my concerns - thanks for your time & consideration.  :b0228:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, floatplane said:

Just a quick count on a complete number of maps including all variations, we seem to have around 112 maps in total. Of this total number is there any information on how many are in their "original" version 1.5 format, how many have been 'screwed' around with and how many have been 'screwed' up ?

We are running all the maps are are coming from the DEV's themselves, as we are not able to modify them without locking the server and making our license invalid.  As we are fortunate to have @=VG= Melon Muncher, @=VG= Fastjack, @=VG= TEDF as a few people who have been involved with the development.  Currently, we are making a list and sending to the DEV team to keep them informed about  the changes they made from 1.5 patch to 1.6.X. 

You guys on Veteran's gaming are most fortunate in having the huge pool of players able to access your site and retain a reasonable playing ping, which is generally reflected on the consistent playing numbers exhibited on your site.

The current list of available servers in a position to offer gaming on Project Reality in cooperation form is generally around 6 or 7  at this time, generally with the exception of Veterans gaming the large majority of these coop servers are well under their player capacity, some due to their geographical location, others due to language inconsistencies and others maybe quality control is below par however,  it has certainly been most obvious that ALL servers have been suffering reduced participation rates since the introduction of version 1.6 and it's few patches to date, along with this many of the "old" long term players have also been scarce in their appearances.

Why is this so? Well although my gaming time of late has been limited due to other commitments, I have managed to participate in a couple of the "screwed-up" maps mentioned previously, namely Kashan Desert ALT & STD, Bamyan STD and Jabal ALT. My "home" server although player number is limited to 24, prior to 1.6 was operating on a reasonable comfortable basis at around 75% occupation and at certain hours at 90%.

We have been around since 2010 and have held a PR server license a bit before 2013 I believe.  Strong community presence, a solid admin team, and some great management have been contributing factors with all the blud, sweat, and tears that we have kept this going.  Having constant contact with the PR DEV team helps out since they make the game that we love playing.  Our player base is one of the main reasons why people love to join us, we had a full server less than 5 minutes in when we updated from 1.5 and had over 1200 unique members in a 3 day period, this does not include people who log back in when it goes down.  Overall, COOP is one of the strongest games we have going for us, and new players are joining in every day!

I feel the dilemma of our server is not in isolation and there is no doubt that Veteran's gaming numbers have been reduced of late and comprising of many "new" players, so in conclusion, what in the bloody hell can be done to return the PR game we all love and enjoy playing with like minded people, to one which whilst entertaining, is also competitive, free flowing, achievable, winnable and "server friendly" whether you have 5 or 40 players on line?

I would strongly suggest having a solid admin team, some very clear rules that are firm, fair, and friendly, and make your server relaxing to join.  Maybe set a mission or goal that you want to have.  Sometimes, it is not about aggressive campaigning tactics to get people, but maybe some events.  We have had stuff like that in the past where people would flock to the server since they wanted vehicle warfare or learn some tactics.  We host events here so bring people down. I also recommend that people take time and teach other people how to play and enjoy the game.  Word of mouth is a great vessel for this, especially since it is free. I have met some really solid people from PR, even was a best man for a wedding for a guy who I played PR with.

All of the concerns mentioned have 1 other degree of difficulty and that's being able to get through a game without the bloody thing crashing !!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, this is a trial by error.  We are slowly working on figuring out what COOP maps are working, which ones are bugged, and what ones are no go's. These are all impacted by different variables, such as server settings, or even what operating systems you are running.  The best best for this is stay in contact with the PR DEVS as they area aware there are some/many known issues with PR COOP but are working on it.  

Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, floatplane said:

Can give you a list of the maps we have disabled from standard rotation currently - Melon is working on COOP to fix things, as are many other members of the COOP portion of the PR Team.   We are doing our part to provide python_error logs and ProCdump crash logs to the PR Devs to help them narrow down and isolate specific issues, and we are asking our players to participate in a Crash Report Form so we can better compile information on maps and their crash tendency/frequency, and hopefully we can correlate this with those crash dump logs, and get the best info we can to those who need it without overloading them with useless or redundant information.

VG's current Disabled Maps list:

mapList.append albasrah_2 gpm_coop 16
mapList.append albasrah_2 gpm_coop 32
mapList.append albasrah_2 gpm_coop 64
mapList.append asad_khal gpm_coop 32
mapList.append beirut gpm_coop 32
mapList.append beirut gpm_coop 64
mapList.append bijar_canyons gpm_coop 64
mapList.append burning_sands gpm_coop 32
mapList.append fallujah_west gpm_coop 64
mapList.append jabal gpm_coop 32
mapList.append karbala gpm_coop 64
mapList.append kashan_desert gpm_coop 32
mapList.append khamisiyah gpm_coop 32
mapList.append lashkar_valley gpm_coop 16
mapList.append lashkar_valley gpm_coop 32
mapList.append lashkar_valley gpm_coop 64
mapList.append muttrah_city_2 gpm_coop 32
mapList.append operation_marlin gpm_coop 32
mapList.append operation_marlin gpm_coop 64
mapList.append outpost gpm_coop 64
mapList.append ramiel gpm_coop 64

7 hours ago, =VG= m823us said:

We have been around since 2010 and have held a PR server license a bit before 2013 I believe.

:tease:definitely accurate, a bit before 2013....

image.png

Actually, the founding members of the VG Clan as a gaming group started wearing tags and stomping around PR before having a website or server, iirc - well before my time here... stories ya hear around the campfire...   And I assume either our PR license got reset / updated in March 2011, maybe that was our first or second dedicated server migration and needed to change/update it for some reason - I started out as a regular on the VG PR COOP Server in Summer/Fall 2010.  My website member number was like 750 ..-ish.... numbers/posts count system took a hit on the last website migration a few years back.

Ereen is one of our newer regular members, his website member number is 10,455.... how time files, eh?  :tatice_06:

• Upvote 3

I think you might be on to something when it comes to jets crashing either the server or the client.

We were playing Black Gold Standard and a jet flew into the tunnel (not sure if it was friendly or enemy). Right when that happened, the server crashed again. Could just be coincidence but I don't know.

• Upvote 2