Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Server Reports thread 1.6

BinkleDinkle

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

Now that its more stable devs should add more maps to PR.

I have a lot of positive reviews about current number of maps, but may suggest more quality of life stuff on current maps.

Some maps are still not playable due to spawns still activated after cap, some maps have bots on 17 stationary emplacement which add complexity, and some issues with current assets just not working properly due to missing components.  I'm at work currently but will post my notes later to validate. 

Overall, I am very impressed with the work  And how stable we are as a server. I'm a little bias and try to reduce new maps because I want to keep the playerbase entertained but take that opinion with a grain of salt.

30 minutes ago, =VG= m823us said:

some maps have bots on 17 stationary emplacement which add complexity, and some issues with current assets just not working properly due to missing components.  I'm at work currently but will post my notes later to validate. 

Yeah, the bots on emplacements has been great. Arab got them working on MG emplacements for the next version of omaha to come out.

Maps with issues:

Lashkar Valley (Co-op, Std): Bots still spawn after cap (F6 Flag)....Choppers are difficult to fly due to update on this map, may be due to wheels as some pointed out?

Bamyan coop 16: Ability to pull kits from enemy crate

op_barracuda coop 16: MG's players get stuck

vadso_city coop 64: Move Bot spawn closer to players at start, instead of having them clustered at dam and players uncontested for most of map

burning_sands coop 64: 1st flag is difficult due to Bot Vic spawn on flag, Maybe move them back one and we can change some assets on it to match.  I also miss having spawn at H9 for players at start.  

pavlovsk_bay coop 64: BTR Wheel error 

operation_falcon coop 64: More boats for players, we can add assets in

Beirut STD: is a struggle for people.  Not sure if it is assets, location of bots or people just not as skilled on the may layer yet.

Karbala STD: seems to be a CTD map and server needs reset.  

Some we can fix via @=VG= Melon Muncher doing asset changes but some are on the DEV side.  Some issues that were personal I put in and marked vs observed problems. 

Bijar Canyons (Standard? Not the inf layer) has a few spawns for enemy armor which feel unfair. One such example is enemy tanks spawning in the middle of the road between Vehicle Checkpoint and Bridge (as well as some APC/AAV spawns on Bridge itself).

When all the armor is cleared out and the friendly tanks are moving up, enemy tanks can spawn behind the friendly tanks. If you're not explicitly camping the spawn (not even sure where it is), they can wipe out your tanks from behind or harass friendly assets and infantry at main/vehicle checkpoint.

I'm a fan of the increased armor on this particular map, the assault on West Bijar itself is a lot more fun now, particularly with the enemy armor rolling in and the enemy TOWs blocking your advance. I think if the enemy assets spawning behind players can be fixed, it would be a massive improvement.

9 hours ago, =VG= m823us said:

Maps with issues:

Lashkar Valley (Co-op, Std): Bots still spawn after cap (F6 Flag)....Choppers are difficult to fly due to update on this map, may be due to wheels as some pointed out?

Bamyan coop 16: Ability to pull kits from enemy crate

op_barracuda coop 16: MG's players get stuck

vadso_city coop 64: Move Bot spawn closer to players at start, instead of having them clustered at dam and players uncontested for most of map

burning_sands coop 64: 1st flag is difficult due to Bot Vic spawn on flag, Maybe move them back one and we can change some assets on it to match.  I also miss having spawn at H9 for players at start.  

pavlovsk_bay coop 64: BTR Wheel error 

operation_falcon coop 64: More boats for players, we can add assets in

Beirut STD: is a struggle for people.  Not sure if it is assets, location of bots or people just not as skilled on the may layer yet.

Karbala STD: seems to be a CTD map and server needs reset.  

Some we can fix via @=VG= Melon Muncher doing asset changes but some are on the DEV side.  Some issues that were personal I put in and marked vs observed problems. 

Add Operation Falcon Coop  ALT to that list, there are no Logi's on that map therefore you cannot build FOBs, Melon knows about it and will fix it in time.

Can someone who knows the files/map assets create a list of the following maps so I can add them to the disabled maps list until the next version gets released?

[R-DEV] Arab wrote ...

... for current version, avoid any NL COOP maps that use the nl_tnk_leo2a6_bf2 since there is a problem with the mg cupola config loading an invalid template that doesn't exist. That issue is fixed for next update.

Thank you! :hi: 

• Upvote 1

Kashan Alt has a death zone in the middle of the map for no reason, trying to go there just gets you killed. It's not marked and doesn't seem like it has any reason to exist.

It's where this (stranded) logi is on the map, Hotel 6.

enEOls9.png

On a related note, I don't know if Kashan Alt was changed, but it feels like a boring slog now. Same old infinite asset spam, except this time the infantry can't move in and can barely do anything about it. We were on the map for over an hour and a half before I left.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rokk said:

doesn't seem like it has any reason to exist.

It has a good reason. To prevent people from camping on the mountain.

P.S. It seems to span from roughly D11 to H5. SW to NE along the mountain range. I welcome it. Less camping, more fighting. I do think it should be shaded out and made clear that it is indeed OOB. Perhaps a future update will cover that...

• Upvote 2

The issue with Kashan I attribute to our tanks not being on the ball that round- we got bogged down outside the airfield and stuck in a cycle of tanks having to drive 20 minutes to rearm so we never had them concentrated for a push.

I wish there was some sort of way to rearm vehicles in the field- maybe a special crate, or give the combat engineer a special bag that can do it. Would give logi squads and combat engineers some more use. It would have to be slow or otherwise balanced in use of crates, but it would really help in those large maps.

11 hours ago, Carkidd said:

The issue with Kashan I attribute to our tanks not being on the ball that round- we got bogged down outside the airfield and stuck in a cycle of tanks having to drive 20 minutes to rearm so we never had them concentrated for a push.

I wish there was some sort of way to rearm vehicles in the field- maybe a special crate, or give the combat engineer a special bag that can do it. Would give logi squads and combat engineers some more use. It would have to be slow or otherwise balanced in use of crates, but it would really help in those large maps.

You know that the veterans players can finish this map with 1 man tank ?? Yes ... the problem yesterday was none was playing the game. everyone was trolling or bored. using 2 mans tanks slows the process of course. 1 man tank is always better to control effectively . you guys was near a tow missile camping on the hill and you did't even try to shoot down while that tow was killing the friendly tanks all the time and none moved to kill it. not complaining just saying what happened. and yes i like your idea.

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Golden said:

It has a good reason. To prevent people from camping on the mountain.

P.S. It seems to span from roughly D11 to H5. SW to NE along the mountain range. I welcome it. Less camping, more fighting. I do think it should be shaded out and made clear that it is indeed OOB. Perhaps a future update will cover that...

In that case it should probably be marked out as you said, so we don't lose our assets to an unfair "by the way you're dead now" zone.

Other maps mark it with stripes, they should do the same on Kashan. I thought it was a bug because it wasn't marked.

4 hours ago, ranger_12 said:

You know that the veterans players can finish this map with 1 man tank ?? Yes ... the problem yesterday was none was playing the game. everyone was trolling or bored. using 2 mans tanks slows the process of course. 1 man tank is always better to control effectively . you guys was near a tow missile camping on the hill and you did't even try to shoot down while that tow was killing the friendly tanks all the time and none moved to kill it. not complaining just saying what happened. and yes i like your idea.

For what it's worth, we would have shot down the TOW if we knew it existed. I was squad lead that round and nobody told me that it was there, or that it was up. We were under the impression it was down.

6 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

If its alt it is shown in map gallery. PR does not allow for that in ingame maps.

If that's the case, why are some maps shaded for out of bounds, and others are not? I'm just curious. Or is that like some hard coded in shit? I guess I don't understand how that can't be edited into an ingame map, in an update.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:59 PM, Carkidd said:

Team work will solve that issue on the last flag. Laze targets for CAS, tanks stand off and infantry move in to cap, pretty simple really.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Lowkey95 said:

There is a bug in Goose Green when you get in the transport heli, your mumble is disabled for some reason. When you get out of the chopper you have to wait for around one minute to use mumble again.

I can confirm this. I flew trans the entire round on Goose Green. The moment I got into the Wessex it boots me out of the team 1 squad 1 channel and into the lobby before suppressing me. But the moment I exit the helicopter, within 30 seconds mumble works again. The same thing applies to all occupants. Pilot and passengers.

I also noticed that the up-armored MK19 HMMWV on Bamyan Alt does the same exact thing. Mumble dies when you get in and comes back when you exit.

A very strange bug this one.

I could see that in mumble too.
I noticed a little thing, no idea if this is important:
if you are not in a squad, mumble sorted you above the people who are in a squad. when golden entered the chopper, he was among the squads at mumble.

28 minutes ago, Golden said:

I also noticed that the up-armored MK19 HMMWV on Bamyan Alt does the same exact thing. Mumble dies when you get in and comes back when you exit.

I don't think this helps, but you could see if your sound card runs in "exclusive mode". The individual sound files (or gamesound/mumble sound) may be in different types (and windows cannot properly share the audio device because a different codec is used.)
once had similar problems in reaper when I used wav files and flac at the same time. just detick the option at the red marker.Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.9496d78156a85cb0c80d5e35f483e52f.jpg

... sorry its in german but i have no english win here atm...

• Upvote 1

The map changed to Bamyan Standard, I spawned in and just 1 minute after spawning (most people didn't even load yet), 2 frogfoots come in and bomb most of our vehicles, including our tanks: AvB1Xsz.png

There is a dome of death (it stopped their cannon fire) but it didn't seem to work for the bombs.

EDIT: Server also crashed on this map when in Cave Bunker.

• Upvote 1