Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Server Reports thread 1.6

BinkleDinkle

3 hours ago, Rabbit said:

TBH I think 300 (5 min) spawn is fine for crap like the ZIS 3

Just curious, the btr for that layer is under what name? Cuz I couldn't find the spawn delay time for the btr that spawn on that flag objective. From what I remember, everytime I killed a btr that spawn there, the next 1 spawn like less than 2 or 3 minutes. Sometimes instantly (probably when the current btr was manned & move out from spawn location without getting shot by us)

I always tell my guys (in apc squad) to ignore that btr & it's spawn & to priorities the armour blitzkrieg as well as that tow which spawn on that flag (including the tow on Apartments objective) 

@Johnny__Rico Don't get me wrong, I love the tough maps, but it can be a thin line between a tough map and a total rape of even an experienced 40 person server. A good example of what I would like to see more of is found on barracuda- Normally, to end the map, a squad simply flies to the bunker entracnce of the final point and runs right in without much of a fight. This update has added a quad gun to the roof of that bunker making such a strat suicide without dealing with it. This is a simple change, that's worked around in multiple ways (blow up the quad with cas, mortar it, land elsewhere and walk in, etc) that forces you to change your tactics and use new parts of the map (what we really want with coop!) without just giving the bots a ton of armor, and  is what should be focused on with improving coop gameplay.

Shahada does this as well with smart placement of tow and AA on roofs resulting in tanks and CAS never having free reign in the town, and it's large amounts of enemy armor are much more easily dealt with due to the city allowing you to flank.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Cruizer said:

Just curious, the btr for that layer is under what name? Cuz I couldn't find the spawn delay time for the btr that spawn on that flag objective. From what I remember, everytime I killed a btr that spawn there, the next 1 spawn like less than 2 or 3 minutes. Sometimes instantly (probably when the current btr was manned & move out from spawn location without getting shot by us)

I always tell my guys (in apc squad) to ignore that btr & it's spawn & to priorities the armour blitzkrieg as well as that tow which spawn on that flag (including the tow on Apartments objective) 

I honestly don't know what btr you guys are talking about. Did a search through the gpo and found nothing.

11 hours ago, Cruizer said:

ObjectTemplate.maxNrOfObjectSpawned 4

That means, if one btr (i think he means the mtlb) spawned a left the radius from where it spawned (missing that line, Default value kicks in) another one will spawn till the 4 btr(mtlb) spawned. 

Edit: why the commander btr acv can spawn 4 times? 

7 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

ObjectTemplate.maxNrOfObjectSpawned 4

That means, if one btr (i think he means the mtlb) spawned a left the radius from where it spawned (missing that line, Default value kicks in) another one will spawn till the 4 btr(mtlb) spawned. 

Edit: why the commander btr acv can spawn 4 times? 

It was probably a control C control V and object spawner change.

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: cpname_bamyan_coop64_checkpoint_tank]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner cpname_bamyan_coop64_checkpoint_tank
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner cpname_bamyan_coop64_checkpoint_tank
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "Double_13"
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 mec_apc_btr80a_bf2
ObjectTemplate.team 1
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1

Found,it, no spawn time.

IIRC mineral had a script to check for spawntimes and set them to keep things standardized. You might want to ask him about that.

6 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

@Rabbit

I have a Question. You was a mapper you also created AAS4 and redfor routes and blufor routes?

How the random flags system works? The python chosse a specifiec sublayer in the gpo?

Yeah python chooses.

"A = Its order in the sequence (starting nearest to Team 1's main)
B = If more than one CP has the same A number, B tells the computer how many to pick to be in play.
C= The route it belongs to"

So it picks sofar understand the GSID of the controlpoint.

Damn, i thought it picks a sublayer (object layer) of the gpo. If it would pick one of the sublayer, you could create one gpo for the maplayer (like std / 64) but you could  have different flags that are related to the objects layer. So one route is in object layer 1, another route in object layer 2 and a 3rd route is in object layer 3. Python picks one object layer randomly and ignores the other layers (including the strategicareas). 

If it would work like this we could have multiple routes in one maplayer. So no limitations. That means we could have 1 Million differnt Layouts for coop.

Good for me? or good for Project Reality coop, so for the game itself?

After some conversations in PR Discord, coop is hardcodded everywhere, we can have only ONE COOP gamemode. 

I asked if it would be possible to reverse engineer the gpm_coop gamemode to include the insurgency gamemode in it. The python would check, if there are any  captureable controlpoint or ammocaches in the gpo. If the python finds only capturable CP's it will ignore any insurgency mechanics. If the python would find a ammocache in the gpo and no captureable CP's it would use the insurgency python logic and not the AAS4.

Now, Imaging, having also the Option tot have multiple routes --- i would say that's the biggest WOW in BF2 coop modding Scene. Unique. Nothing similiar ever existed in the bf2 mod world.

… but hey, ist shitty coop ….

Edit :

@Melon

I found more missing ai Parameters in some weapon.ai's like from the Shilka. It misses one of the deviations (Deviation or DeviationcorrectionTime) dont remember excatly ,yet but i imformed Arab.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Can the driver or you or who in gods name was involved reproduce this? 

Try to get out of the Namer when his back is parked at a wall or whatever (like trying to block the exit hatch).

Was in Tank squad & waiting for the Merkava to spawn together with Ranger. Went prone in front of the Namer & away from screen for a short while to entertain my niece. Next thing I know I look at the screen, was inside it. Ranger say he didn't move the Namer at all. Don't think I can recreate it as it was the first time & only time it happen to me.

Well, Ranger did help me get out of it by driving it forward & I instantly went dead dead.

4 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Good for me? or good for Project Reality coop, so for the game itself?

After some conversations in PR Discord, coop is hardcodded everywhere, we can have only ONE COOP gamemode. 

I asked if it would be possible to reverse engineer the gpm_coop gamemode to include the insurgency gamemode in it. The python would check, if there are any  captureable controlpoint or ammocaches in the gpo. If the python finds only capturable CP's it will ignore any insurgency mechanics. If the python would find a ammocache in the gpo and no captureable CP's it would use the insurgency python logic and not the AAS4.

Now, Imaging, having also the Option tot have multiple routes --- i would say that's the biggest WOW in BF2 coop modding Scene. Unique. Nothing similiar ever existed in the bf2 mod world.

… but hey, ist shitty coop ….

Edit :

@Melon

I found more missing ai Parameters in some weapon.ai's like from the Shilka. It misses one of the deviations (Deviation or DeviationcorrectionTime) dont remember excatly ,yet but i imformed Arab.

1: for both?

2: probably yeah one game mode, but I would image random flags within a mesh are fine

3: do you mean random flags or the ability for a server to choose with flag route?

1: for both?  

good for Project Reality coop, so for the game itself

2: probably yeah one game mode, but I would image random flags within a mesh are fine

All flags must be placed on Navmesh. That's a requirement.

3: do you mean random flags or the ability for a server to choose with flag route?

Multiple flagroutes in the GPO (seperated by layers) and the python picks a random layer. Not controlled via mapvote or other voodoo. So not predictable.

A very interesting map mechanic I'm seeing now is bot rally points spread around the map, which continue to spawn even when the flag is captured, but are able to be destroyed by gunfire. I think this is a fantastic mechanic, which should be utilized in maps more. What map makers should do is place these well outside flags, in other directions than the bots normally come from. This requires squads to search for and destroy the rally point before they can call an area safe, and let the map makers lead people into fights not in the same places as always, without having to put a flag or a permaspawn there. I really think this should be used more often, and in place of any backcap permaspawns.  

• Like 1