Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Server Reports thread 1.6

BinkleDinkle

1 hour ago, ranger_12 said:

shijia valley inf. south city flag there is still a spawn point for bots in the 3d floor in the building where bots spawn and dying instantly. The flag is bugged or something   its almost impossible to capture the flag

The bots spawn clipped into the wall and die. But their wounded bodies still count towards contesting the flag until they go dead dead. The only way to cap that flag is to have people camp that spawn with grenades and toss them on dead bodies to make the bodies go dead dead so you can cap. This really needs to be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Golden said:

The bots spawn clipped into the wall and die. But their wounded bodies still count towards contesting the flag until they go dead dead. The only way to cap that flag is to have people camp that spawn with grenades and toss them on dead bodies to make the bodies go dead dead so you can cap. This really needs to be fixed.

Apparently I was 1 of them that was doing it since one of the dead spawn was in the cap zone. Didn't really help much since its an old issue (seem not yet fixed).

Oh yeah, Omaha Beach still have massive CTD. Played the 2nd time for me.

• Upvote 1

There's a bunch of "improved" layers that are just completely unbalanced now. First it was Bamyan Standard as pretty big outlier, but it seems that they changed Kozelsk Alternative for the worse as well. The enemy has like 4 APC's and 4 tanks that seem to just respawn instantly, resulting in a literally nonstop stream of enemy armor (while our armor is severely lacking and has a delayed spawn on it). Really big shame to see such beautiful maps get turned into unfun chores, and makes me wish that whoever in charge of balancing these maps would step back and re-evaluate the asset lists.

• Upvote 2

Kozelsk Alt is another 'double-ified' map now. They've got 4x T-90s and BMP-2s that our single T-62 and two BMP-1s is unable to handle and just results in you being raped, as once you take down one T-90 with like 4 HAT shots another one rolls up to take it's place. Give them one T-90 and One BMP-2 and it'll be fine.

• Upvote 2

Beirut Standard has an enemy spawn point near Apartments that never gets turned off even after neutralizing and capping the flag: https://imgur.com/a/5nbhegf

Also I definitely agree with what Carkidd said, Bamyan Std and Kozelsk Alt are just going to be "those" maps that hardly ever get played because they're just an unfun slog. You could cut the enemy armor in half and it would still be a little too much, but at least it wouldn't be as overdone.

• Upvote 1

I don't have anything against maps being double-ified. His intention is to make PR coop a challenge again. But the problem really is the endless stream of tanks and bmps at you in Bamyan. Means you have to have 2 HAT kits in your squad to at least do some damage. While this is ok for veteran players, most noob squads don't even carry AT with them usually.

Here we find one of the challenges of coop mode: making maps hard enough so the veteran players don't bore themselves to death, while still being easy enough for new players not to get frustrated instantly.

IMO they should add 1 tank and not more on Bamyan, or remove the instant repsawn of enemy vehicles, as this is far more frustrating for you, and makes the map a giant sisyphus work.

In general I share double13's approach of making coop interesting and challenging again, as it heavily encourages team work. Most of the formerly boring maps (Wanda Shan for example) are now interesting again.

• Upvote 2

But the double'fied changes are the wrong way.

Respawn times for static emplacement's (kashan) are to short and there are spawnpoints in the village that are related to south bunker. You have to leave at least 2 or 3 people behind only to defend the village. Splitting manpower. On a full server no problem but how it looks when you play only with 16 people on it?

Only assetwhores benefit from those changes.

Placing spawnpoints, that are related or not related to other flags, inside the cap-radius from any flag is not the SOLUTION ! It results in camping spawnpoints - Immersion breaker number one. You see how it ends = Shijia Valley and wounded bots.

You have many other ways to make it harder without putting a shitload of assets in for the bots.

5 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Which layer? the ones I am looking at are all mostly 5min and 10 min.

32 layer

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: cpname_kashan_desert_coop32_northvillage_ats]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner cpname_kashan_desert_coop32_northvillage_ats
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner cpname_kashan_desert_coop32_northvillage_ats
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "Double_13"
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 mec_ats_milan_ndl
ObjectTemplate.team 1
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1

Missing spawntimers

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: cpname_kashan_desert_coop32_northvillage_ats_0]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner cpname_kashan_desert_coop32_northvillage_ats_0
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner cpname_kashan_desert_coop32_northvillage_ats_0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 mec_ats_milan_ndl
ObjectTemplate.team 1

This too

So they sapwn something between 30-60 seconds.

Ah... No Wonder i see bots moving out from the South Bunker Objective despite it being neutral  while being in APC Squad.

For the Bamyan Layer 32, The so called checkpoint flag (forget the actual flag name objective), the tow emplacement spawns every 1 min & the BTR that spawn in front of the tow also has a super fast spawn time (maybe less than 2mins or 3mins). Making a waste of ammo using of AT / ATGM rounds for the bradleys as need to handled both the tow & btr fast spawn while needing to deal with the massive armours movement to that flag. Unless u guys are kind enough to add more atgm rounds or reduce the reloading time of the atgm  for the bradleys :lol:.

hmmm... Not sure if i read the it properly, is that flag called checkpoint or vcp? Cuz base on the PR files, under VCP there a spawn of 300 for AT. But feels like kinda fast. Not sure bout the spawn timing for the BTR on that flag tho.

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: cpname_bamyan_coop32_vcp2_at]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner cpname_bamyan_coop32_vcp2_at
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner cpname_bamyan_coop32_vcp2_at
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 zis3
ObjectTemplate.minSpawnDelay 300
ObjectTemplate.maxSpawnDelay 300
ObjectTemplate.team 1

Now here's an interesting one on Dovre Winter.

When you spawn with a medic kit, everything works fine, you get the regular Coop medic kit.

When you grab a medic kit off a crate, you get the Deployment kit. This means everything is shuffled around, and you actually have to hold left-click to heal people (and you can't heal yourself).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cruizer said:

Ah... No Wonder i see bots moving out from the South Bunker Objective despite it being neutral  while being in APC Squad.

For the Bamyan Layer 32, The so called checkpoint flag (forget the actual flag name objective), the tow emplacement spawns every 1 min & the BTR that spawn in front of the tow also has a super fast spawn time (maybe less than 2mins or 3mins). Making a waste of ammo using of AT / ATGM rounds for the bradleys as need to handled both the tow & btr fast spawn while needing to deal with the massive armours movement to that flag. Unless u guys are kind enough to add more atgm rounds or reduce the reloading time of the atgm  for the bradleys :lol:.

hmmm... Not sure if i read the it properly, is that flag called checkpoint or vcp? Cuz base on the PR files, under VCP there a spawn of 300 for AT. But feels like kinda fast. Not sure bout the spawn timing for the BTR on that flag tho.

TBH I think 300 (5 min) spawn is fine for crap like the ZIS 3