Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Server Reports thread 1.6

BinkleDinkle

1 hour ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

What Kind of smoke? The new anti ai smoke and was it on water?

Yeah, i noticed that also on  other  that you have cityspawns …. it pretty much messed bur not fault from us.

It was smoke deployed by another infantryman. We were definitely *near* some water as well.

• Upvote 1

As Kiddcar had discovered, hand grenade smoke thrown in water does CTD anyone nearby, but grenade launcher smoke does not. We presume this is caused by the collider generated to block bot view, but does this mean that gernade launcher smoke does not work on bots as well?

Looking through the files, UBGL smoke IS intended to work on bots, and is supposed spawn the same objects that hand grenade smoke does, even for the french riflegernades.  Unknown why it didn't cause a CTD, as the kits are set up to use the proper SP smoke. Might not be spawning the collider properly.

The French Medics don't have smoke grenades while their deployment counterparts and all other medics do.

• Upvote 1

On a different note than the crashing:

The new Bamyan layers seem RIDICULOUSLY in favor of the bots (particularly on Standard). They get like 8 tanks (that's not an exaggeration), numerous anti-air vehicles, tons of emplacements, a few APC's, and jets. We don't even get a single tank, we have some CAS and a few light APC's, that's about it.

Ever since the 1.6 update I have not seen that map be won a single time, not even with 40 people on. I think the balance is out of wack there.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Rokk said:

On a different note than the crashing:

The new Bamyan layers seem RIDICULOUSLY in favor of the bots (particularly on Standard). They get like 8 tanks (that's not an exaggeration), numerous anti-air vehicles, tons of emplacements, a few APC's, and jets. We don't even get a single tank, we have some CAS and a few light APC's, that's about it.

Ever since the 1.6 update I have not seen that map be won a single time, not even with 40 people on. I think the balance is out of wack there.

Yes, we are quite aware of this issue.  Many design elements of this type were made by a person who considers COOP "too easy" despite the extremely subjective nature of such opinions, a player who plays COOP "good" by knowing all of the meta information most players don't focus on such as specific parameters of AI Bot behavior and spawning locations, and other factors that essentially remove any sort of mystery or immersion into a game focusing instead upon knowledge of exactly how the OPFOR will advance and behave.

There were even votes and polls regarding these hardcore changes to a large body of regular COOP players who frequent this website years ago, and they were voted down and many objections were noted.  Despite this, we now find the COOP game mode severely weighted to spite the players, in an extreme hardcore re-envisioning of this game mode that the majority of COOP players had not asked for.  Most importantly, these changes were not tested with a large body of COOP players for balance and playablity, which is a massive oversight of their designer, to the detriment of you, the players.  I only offer these opinions and criticism with a constructive intent, I hope that in time, the COOP game mode can return to a balanced game that is enjoyable with a few small teams or a large server full of players equally, with map layers that respect these numbers in a more tested and favorable manner for the players who actually play the game as it was intended.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Yes, we are quite aware of this issue.  Many design elements of this type were made by a person who considers COOP "too easy" despite the extremely subjective nature of such opinions, a player who plays COOP "good" by knowing all of the meta information most players don't focus on such as specific parameters of AI Bot behavior and spawning locations, and other factors that essentially remove any sort of mystery or immersion into a game focusing instead upon knowledge of exactly how the OPFOR will advance and behave.

There were even votes and polls regarding these hardcore changes to a large body of regular COOP players who frequent this website years ago, and they were voted down and many objections were noted.  Despite this, we now find the COOP game mode severely weighted to spite the players, in an extreme hardcore re-envisioning of this game mode that the majority of COOP players had not asked for.  Most importantly, these changes were not tested with a large body of COOP players for balance and playablity, which is a massive oversight of their designer, to the detriment of you, the players.  I only offer these opinions and criticism with a constructive intent, I hope that in time, the COOP game mode can return to a balanced game that is enjoyable with a few small teams or a large server full of players equally, with map layers that respect these numbers in a more tested and favorable manner for the players who actually play the game as it was intended.

I think it's a good start- these hard maps, like Shahada, are fun, but in Shadada it's hard because of well placed TOWs that prevent armor from having free reign and not armor that simply outnumbers you. If Bamyan had two or three tanks I think it would remain a tough map but not the utter stomp it currently is.

• Upvote 2