Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

SQUAD MOD "A new era" (Star Wars)

Midgee

Been speaking to the modders in charge of this specific mod and are having a hard time getting attention. Some quality work has been put into it and for fans of Star Wars or sci-fi in general makes it feel like a new game.

Just a small snippet of what the mod looks like, tho this barely scratches the surface on what's planned.

Here's a link to their discord for anyone interested in following the development or want to join in the events they host. https://discord.gg/KCqcsP

Hope you don't mind me advertising here lol

• Upvote 5

I'll see about getting that second SQUAD server installed soon... and maybe a third for mods? ;) Really doesn't take too much CPU usage, just a bit of HDD space (well, SSD, and that's the issue ... 15GB is more than all 3 of our PR servers just for one SQUAD server, just need to offload some files then wipe them to fit more stuff at VG)

• Upvote 1

Possibly because for so many people, they didn't have the map ruined for them by playing too much on a 24/7 Muttrah server? ;) :tatice_03:

Before we had the VG Maplist Randomizer system by Xenalite, we also had those headaches of 'too much Muttrah'.  I remember the stories from BLuD when VG was new, few people in those early days, and they were stuck on Muttrah most times at North Docks, not enough people to even push out.  At least these days, if the server crashes, it's not "back to Muttrah" each time.