Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

EVENT: Operation Chaos

=VG= Kavelenko

What's going to be the Map we are going to play on?

And do we have enough players for this event to use heavy assets? some other servers in squad restrict players using heavy vehicles until a big server pop is met. 

For now I think the map - or maps should be Mainly infantry - With a few logis, transports. and maybe a hmg or two. - Establishing infantry as the base force is important for game-play. 

Here is a list of maps to choose from, along with their layers: https://squadmaps.com/

Offical squad website for maps so you can see what the maps look like in game: https://squad.gamepedia.com/Maps

Another Topic, Rules! As rules are still being reviewed for this new server. Here is a few Ideas for rules that I've simply mag pied from other servers, along with some existing PR rules:

General Rules:

• Listen and work with your team to the best of your ability
  • Settle bans and grievances on the forums, keep that shit out of the game.
  • New players should be encouraged to ask questions first. - Some assets / actions may result in the team losing if it's misused or wasted

Gameplay:

• Team-killing, Spamming, Ghosting, Glitching, Griefing and Hacking should be strictly forbidden 
  • No Solo-ing for any heavy assets (Tanks, APC's etc etc)
  • Most assets should be claimed by using the appropriate squad name (Just like in PR) - First squad has claim
  • Do not waste or misuse any vehicle assets.
  • No baseraping
  • No flag skipping - Unless the active flag is guaranteed to be capped in due time.
  • No vehicle hogging

Squads:

• You must be in a squad at all times, There should be no "Blueberries" 
  • Do not create a squad unless you intend to lead it.
  • Squad leaders must have a mic
  • Squad leaders have the authority to kick anyone out of their squad for any reason they choose
  • All Heavy asset operators are required to have a mic.

Seeding?:

• These rules are in effect until there are 30 or more players on the server
  • No armed vehicles during seeding
  • Enemy FOBs 300m outside an active flag should not be destroyed?

Imure there is a server guideline of some "Vanilla" rules that needs to be implemented to obtain a server licence. but not sure where it is lol.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, =VG= Sausag3 said:

Squads:

• You must be in a squad at all times, There should be no "Blueberries" 
  • Do not create a squad unless you intend to lead it.
  • Squad leaders must have a mic
  • Squad leaders have the authority to kick anyone out of their squad for any reason they choose
  • All Heavy asset operators are required to have a mic.

if i have no mic and you kick me out of a squad and there is no other one if have to make a squad...but i have no mic...

so, i found this rules usefull but there should be a greyzone... or we say "no lonewolfing" but you can lead or be a member of a squad without a mic.

@=VG= Sausag3 a Squad rules file is in draft already :D Events like this one will serve as experiences from which we learn and adapt our rules. We'd best have a short version for players to read quickly, and a long, extensive version for when a specific case needs resolving.

I'd also love to require microphones, but it's hard to require them 100% of the time. Some play while family sleeps, forgot their headset at uni, or have guests over and can't be talking to their computers. Even the best of players get into these situations, and then they can't do the thing they're really good at (leading, CAS, support,...) so our team loses that benefit.

I'd turn that into a 'Squad leaders, Heavy asset users etc must communicate'. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10/10 very fun would bang lol

Thank you all for the participation and thanks Kav for organizing this event.  

*Hoops idea*

What do you all think about making this a weekly event? Every Saturday?

Means that we can keep a steady stream of players on the game all at once instead of tiny handfulls occasionally

Also, thanks semler for recording the event.. some say you are still watching the stairs till this day like a champ. haha

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Awesome event that was a huge amount of fun, no wonder us insurgents had so much trouble with the Brits rofl! Footage is absolutely  the "ducks guts" Sem!

If you missed this event it was a biggie no doubt we will all get better at this with time. Still fighting with controls, deploying HABs and all that technical stuff but we just gotta keep doing this on a regular basis. Its a lot better when we've got full squads on both sides, and pretty intensive, gets the blood pumping!

Thanks everyone for turning up and best of all having fun!!

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, =VG= Acro1 said:

I'd also love to require microphones, but it's hard to require them 100% of the time. Some play while family sleeps, forgot their headset at uni, or have guests over and can't be talking to their computers. Even the best of players get into these situations, and then they can't do the thing they're really good at (leading, CAS, support,...) so our team loses that benefit.

Quote from the Squad Game Server Administration Guidelines.

1.6 - Admins should not impose server wide rules requiring microphones, provided players are willing to use text chat in it’s stead. The two exceptions are that it is acceptable for individual squad leaders to impose a "microphone required" rule for their squad at their discretion, and it is acceptable for a server to require squad leaders have a microphone.

• Like 1