Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR v1.6 Announcement

Midgee

2 hours ago, Rabbit said:

I just don't see it changing gameplay (mainly pvp). At this point good pilots can get you anywhere and they can do it faster than dealing with fastropes.

I think it can change gameplay wise alot. 

Not all desired destinations are optimal landingzones for Choppers bro.

Excample places in thick forests, slopes or some roofs where the chopper cannot land/fullfill a safety drop without exposing the chopper to long or risking clipping with the tailrotor on the next roof antenna. Now you can hover in tree tops (good cover) on a slope and drop crate and troops safely.

Before you was forced to find a nice landing position and your Squad have to walk 2 minutes, bringing up the breacher rope to get 7/8 people up on a higher roof position. That cost more time at the end in my opinion.

Sure, you dont need to drop on muttrah t-shapebuildings via fastrope but dropping 7 people on a small non-enterable building without ladders and a crate is different.

Also, from my personal experience, jumping out from a chopper that hovers 1m above a roof or slope is dangerous because the exit points are to close to the chopper chassis. I saw this to many times and i died to much times for slighty hitting the hovering chopper chassis with my body.

I think you will see less death - "squished by crate" - accidents with fastrope combat drops that include a supply drop. 

Some maps will profit from fastrope and gameplay will change overtime, or better, will offer more new tactical decisions in the future. 

Edit: Blackhawk door gunners have a better overview due to the higher elevation and can cover the dropping troops with their miniguns.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 3:02 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

PR heli's are a bit more forgiving than, say, Arma 3 heli's

At least Arma 2 and 3 have auto-hover, comes in handy some times.

Moderator:  /closed -- please direct all discussions, issues, bugs, questions on changes to the thread here: