Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR v1.6 Announcement

Midgee

https://www.moddb.com/mods/project-reality/news/project-reality-bf2-v16-announced

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is true, seems a bit suspicious being so closely released to April 1st.
One statement in particular made me scratch my head and think it really was an April fools prank. But it states "Many new features have been added such as the ability to drag bodies, ejector seats in aircraft, improved lag compensation and parachutes opening automatically."

Just wanted someone to read through maybe give their thoughts, as being able to drag bodies could be a very interesting mechanic possibly a game changer. It does also state the WW2 will be in the mix which I know they've been working on for some time which also gives this article some legitimacy.

Fairly sure it's not april fools joke. Update 1.something was announced on april first few years ago as well and got released a week later. They propably released the info so if something breaks and they have to delay the launch for another year they can just fall back to "it was just april fools joke"

Body dragging and fastropes (yes) are a thing and working (somewhat).

• Upvote 3

Read the full post(s)... yes, it was a joke -- but no, the content and features info was not... those are planned features in 1.6, whether every one pans out and makes it to the full 1.6 day 1 release is up to testing and continued development as it's not released yet.

We plan to release v1.6 soon, but unforeseen issues could push this back.

↑ :tatice_03:

1 minute ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

We plan to release v1.6 soon, but unforeseen issues could push this back.

"soon" is more than a year now... ie it takes over a year from now on if there are "issues"?^^

and if it is soon now, the future may soon be past.

16 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Fairly sure it's not april fools joke. Update 1.something was announced on april first few years ago as well and got released a week later. They propably released the info so if something breaks and they have to delay the launch for another year they can just fall back to "it was just april fools joke"

Body dragging and fastropes (yes) are a thing and working (somewhat).

1.09 the dude who did't make it :D 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

btw: has something changed with the tickets? khami std and ghost train inf are over much faster than a while ago. a few other maps too...

I remember the time when some maps we played for three hours, I'll look at 600 kills made on Havoc. Golden time....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Fastropes and vehicle towing was more of a community project that some community modders tried and managed to get to work, not actual dev work from what I know. Somewhat doupt it will be implemented in the game, concidering how easy it would be to abuse it. 

The vehicle towing is a community project. Fastrope concept was done and proofed by [R-DEV]AlonTavor in the PR forum.

There is a small disagreement in terms of quality aspect of the animation when the soldier ropes down because the soldier can use his weapon.

Currently, there is no way to force the soldier into a special animation while in air like a modified skydive animation or another special animation like one hand holding the rope and the other hand the weapon like you can see in movies.

The only control Alon has is to switch the soldier into a weapon (idx / weaponslot) from the soldier kit when the soldier jumps out and rope down from the chopper.

And that the key ;)

All what they need is to create a fake weapon, with a blank_projectile, with fastroping animation, created on itemindex 9 and add it to each kit that should have the fastrope abilty.

Done. All concerns about quality aspects are solved ... in my opinion :Alex_03:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Done. All concerns about quality aspects are solved ... in my opinion :Alex_03:

I just don't see it changing gameplay (mainly pvp). At this point good pilots can get you anywhere and they can do it faster than dealing with fastropes. Me being of the opinion its nothing more than "cool factor" and ugly I say keep it out. I'd rather see Alon  work on converting thermals to nightvision for infantry.

↑ there are few true scenarios where fast ropes would be the smart choice, such as a roof covered with too many structures to land safely, etc. -- but PR heli's are a bit more forgiving than, say, Arma 3 heli's, and could expect that fastropes will be used for no reason other that the noted useless "cool factor" way too much, and I bet dollars to donuts that will cause some needless death and mayhem. 

Fun fun!  We'll see in time, I guess.  Fast rope in Arma 2 ACE mod was neat, and I think we used it once in training and once as a useful way to get somewhere the chopper did not want to land.  Other than that, 99.99% of the time, standard heli drop-off always most efficient, safe, and speedy (which equals even more safety)