Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Merch?

=VG= Sausag3

Yea, actually that stuff is on the list.  We move a bit slow, but the commerce system is set up here on the site, ready for things to be added, etc.  Would buy in bulk and use the proceeds to fund the swag purchases, and/or other website and server costs.  The first step was getting the site secured, and that's been done.  I'm wrapping up my current project and will put some time into this soon.

One thing some places do is to use a 3rd party store that offers branded items to-order, shipping directly to the customer, and handling all that hassle of distribution (worldwide) - and we've been down this road before - but since we would not expect large volume orders, I wouldn't be opposed to just buying a dozen shirts in various sizes (or whatever), a few handfulls of keychains, 550-paracord bracelets, things like that.  There are some technical details to work out on the site, specifically shipping calculations, but I'm sure I could get it sorted.

I don't mind having something else to do around the house, and I have plenty of room for empty boxes and to store some swag.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, =VG= Sausag3 said:

Anyone thought of the Idea of introducing some =VG= Merchandise?

Good thinking, i was wondering why VG struggles to make the payments each month, 1000s of people visit us each month ? 

maybe it will help out with the running costs.

Maybe start with Baseball caps, then work up to condoms T Tops, mouse pads, merkins,  eye drops, and tweezers, hahah 

Seriously tho it's worth a try.  

My list of stuff people will pay for.

Stickers with name and or clan tag.

Mugs  with player stats /and epic photo moments

Bottle openers 

Lighters 

Medals / badges

Baseball caps  

Mouse pads 

Photo ID lol 

Vape liquid, the whole world seems to be smoking vegetable oil  ? 10$ for 5 litres or 10$ for 5 mill

proof of the power of marketing

............... one size fits all stuff, 300 bucks a month seems doable 

image.gif

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

One question. 

How you all will handle the deliveries? For excample, someone ordered an =VG= zippo. Who will pack it into a box? Who's doing the shipments?

Who administrate the whole shit with taxes and the other things that has to be done? Who's paying the shipment costs? From what place it got shipped?

The Franchise thing we want todo is serious business.

What about creating a Bitcoins account for =VG=, people who are interrested give some money in a pool and checking if we can make bucks with it. 

I, personally dont believe in this Internet shit making millions in few month with Bitcoins but is there no way to make at least the 2000 $ in a year?

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

i counted 6-7 questions ;p

Ok, here the one Question: Who is doing the Business.

Tbh. =VG= have not yet the power (REPUTATION) to get profit from any Franchise projects. We are to unknown compared to the games we play. I dont think =VG= is known in Counter Strike or other multiplayer games communities.

• Upvote 1

One thing we could do for one time to fill the =VG= wallet would be sale a medal for our 10th anniversary of Veterans-Gaming.

Each one of us who wants one can buy one. Some People nailing pictures of their certificates and exames on the livingroom wall.

I would do the same in my gaming niche.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

just some random idea but i would love to see something like a calendar with a photo of every active player on each day(maybe 2/3 players per day) of the year  (just a thought )

and some dog tags would be nice or some little VG rakija bottles)))) or even lighters /matches, or a personalized VG patch

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kararame said:

just some random idea but i would love to see something like a calendar with a photo of every active player on each day(maybe 2/3 players per day) of the year  (just a thought )

and some dog tags would be nice or some little VG rakija bottles)))) or even lighters /matches, or a personalized VG patch

Alright - everyone would need to go get a photo shoot of themselves in-game in their fav game, could even photoshop a name and quote, or sig...

Problem is, while we're a little smaller than we were back in the day, we still have easily over 12 active members, but nowhere near 365.  Not that we couldn't use duplicates, even same person in different game.... lots of us play many different games together.

Neat idea...

I like the dog tags and embroidered patch idea the best.  In fact, there was a round of that years ago, when Eclipse sent a bunch of dedicated members some dog tags (if you've ever seen my avatar pic with my Glock and dog tags, those were them...)

We'll get something up ASAP.  I've been hunting down all VG graphics and polishing them up in PS for such things, and will put up a discussion post in the =VG= Forum Section so you all can provide input.  I'll have some things for sale up in our commerce section by the start of March... March Merch?

Embroidered patches are a little more expensive than tags or even die cut stickers, and one concern is minimum bulk order size.  I did a little looking around yesterday, and I'd need to do some more research to find an affordable company that will sell smaller bulk orders.  Probably gonna stop using google and look to China - there are a lot of great companies with affordable deals if one doesn't mind a week-two week shipping time, and then I can send them out from USA as they are ordered.

....The bottle openers I saw were affordable, but only had one color engraving (white) - would prefer something that would have a multi-colored logo of some kind.  Might be a matter of ordering a bunch of logo decals on small metal pieces, then a bunch of blank items, and just affix them with a powerful epoxy... Again, not expecting massive ordering, so I'd have no issue manually doing this, the packaging, shipping, etc. and saving costs there...

The other option is going with a company that provides branded items to-order, and the costs go up, and they take a pretty hefty cut to the tune of 30-60%+!  A great idea for this would be that we wouldn't mark up the price too much from what we buy them for, but that the "profit" goes directly back into VG, like fundraisers.

On a final note -- the logistics of export regulations, regional sales/import taxes, and general shipping costs are what make this the kind of thing that is difficult to dive right into.  Takes some thought.  We either offer to-order branded stuff using some other blokes website, or we do it all ourselves and benefit from the extra income to fund VG and any other VG ventures. (I prefer the second option)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

stop using google and look to China

Yep super cheap and small orders welcome most people use Alibaba.com  10000s of manufacturers willing and abel  : ) 

i'm going with the DOG tags .... flash up a message in game as soon as any player hits 10 kills, offering them VG dog tags 10$ + added shipping  10$ 20$ all in, with there name, use a metal name stamper on blank tags. easy to do 10$ a wack  : ) 

It will help recruit new members and reach more people, i did the math on 400 members and the pickings look slim. 

We could start with one item see if it helps out with costs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3