Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

SQUAD Registration of Interest

=VG= Kavelenko

SQUAD - Registration of interest  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you already own SQUAD or planning to get it?

2. 2. Do you play SQUAD regularly?

3. 3. Would you like to see a dedicated SQUAD server for =VG= eventually?

Yea, too bad they don't have support in GameTracker!!  If there is any way to see who was playing on the server and put up a banner on the website here, I would really like to get that working.  I can't even seem to get info from Steam about the server, and Steam Query is working or our steam games and updates wouldn't work (SQUAD pulls their in-game servers list from the Steam Server Browser, so again, that is odd...)

ooh... I missed this one a ways back:

On 3/9/2020 at 10:09 PM, =VG= Kavelenko said:

How much will this cost to get a server up and running?

go ahead... click that spoiler button... you know it's coming... (or you don't know me yet)... :spiteful:

spoilerIMG2415905122018.PNG

81c0d2b8bdacdea3b0d0667b3e599710.png

:focus: j/k - everyone who hangs out here at VG is so generous, even my poor ass! we are doing fine and have plenty of power with our current server. game on!)

On 3/9/2020 at 10:09 PM, =VG= Kavelenko said:

We've got more than 20+ admins out of 33 players who potentially own Squad or did I miss something? The following suggests you need a licence to show up on the primary server list, otherwise it will be on the custom server list.

Checking through their requirements when I went to make a Server License application, I paused because the factors for getting our SQUAD License would require a regular and active Admin Player base already established, trained & knowledgeable in the game, and with enough active playing Admins on the server to cover Admin absences like overlapping coverage and able to respond to player requests/issues.  Our only route to this is to start out on the CUSTOM BROWSERS list, the alternate server list with everyone including those with mods, etc.  **IF our goal is to ever run with Mods, then this would be the final resting place for our server, but if we plan to move towards an Officially Licensed Server, we'd eventually pursue a license once we are established.

If our goal is to get there, we'll get there - but we don't start there with this game, we don't start at a license until we know what we're doing.  :drinks: 

**we can also run another SQUAD Server that would never get licensed just for Mods if we want, too... first things first, gotta see how it performs on Skylake before I know how many of any sort of server we can run at one time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was in there yesterday and it was excellent, no lag whatsoever for me which is good considering I'm in Oz. Better performance than I got playing on an Aussie server actually. Maybe that will change once we get more players and assets on the server but for now it looks good.

Like Binary said you need to check "Show empty servers" to see it on the Custom Server list and add to your favorites, piece of cake!

Can we organize a zulu time to meet up in the weekend to do some squad training, perhaps?

Imagine 40 VG players showing up and going at it 20 vs 20, that's bad ass!

8 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

If there is any way to see who was playing on the server and put up a banner on the website here, I would really like to get that working.

↑ re. that thing what I wrote before...

Using a 3rd party website for server tracking and info, seems like a decent place, lots of registered servers.  Got us set up and tossed a banner under the Game Servers page and also a Vote button above the current poll - please help us get that number up over time, if you like what we're doing and you like the server, give us a vote.  No thumbs down if you don't like it, so the standard flaming bag of dog poo on the doorstep would be understandable.

New "Leaderboard" style wide banner looks like this:

leaderboard-2.png

Full list of these banners is here:  https://squad-servers.com/server/12381/banners/

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Hi all;

I have Squad game but without voice over you're just ignored and kicked from the team. What I did is sneak alone up to the enemies territory hide in the bush and waited for the right time to ambush an enemy. Then there was one walking on my path, .but when I tried to shot in semi auto rifle it just don't affect the enemy, until the companions rushed in to my area and kill me definitely. What a shame ,,what's wrong with my player so I uninstalled the game, its total disappointment.

Squad, just like PR is a team oriented game. If you don't play with your team and squad members, you don't experience the game as supposed to. Especially if you don't use a microphone. I believe in mic players supremacy. With similar level of skill and knowledge every player will be better when communicating with a mic.

Also this thread is dead for years now, and no one here plays squad regularly.

• Thanks 1