ATTN PR ADMINS: PR COOP Server is on a NEW VERSION - Join the server at least once to register your new ID in server files, then send message to m823us or SemlerPDX and we'll restore it to the Admins list.       (dismiss this message by clicking the "X")  →

GRNANDGLD

I know PR is going to DIE!! Whats next?

Well boys, I've sent a few donation dollars your way, in hopes of keeping the dream alive, but I fear that PR is DOOMED!!  I haven't been keeping up with all the update info, but its most certain that WW2 is a pipe dream.   I had a chance to see ,(and talked briefly to), Hater one today and I had the realization that it doesn't matter what faking game we are playing!!!  I just missed the camaraderie..the team playing aspect that drew me to the game in the first place.  The team speak chatter, overlaying mumble talk, bombs exploding,  people screaming for a MEDIC, the "Hey...hows life treating you " talk, this is what I've been missing!!  Its an amazing venue for us to gather and share,....so use them dollars well, and THANKS for giving us a safe place to do that.  Whatever is next....Im ready to do it with you guys!!    Heres to many, many more AMAZING adventures in VG land, whatever game that it is!!!!!!  Thank You  and Good night!!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, GRNANDGLD said:

but I fear that PR is DOOMED!!

I do not think so. I would have said that a month or two ago, but at the moment we have so many newbies on the server that I hope the opposite.
of course, pr will not last another 15 years but hopefully 3-5 years...

17 minutes ago, GRNANDGLD said:

I just missed the camaraderie

they are different people than 2 years ago but comradeship is still held up by many players.

19 minutes ago, GRNANDGLD said:

Whatever is next....Im ready to do it with you guys!!   

https://archive.org/details/Battle_Command_v1.10_1991-04-18_Ocean_US

;p

I can understand what you mean, it feels a little bit like everything is declining but there are currently 30 people on the server and at least half are regular players. I think we still have time to dig PR.
and if it goes faster then we make the last server that is always active ... only someone would have to set up a master server ^^

but there are also arma, squad, etc. so we'll get you busy ;p

32 minutes ago, GRNANDGLD said:

Heres to many, many more AMAZING adventures in VG land, whatever game that it is!!!!!!  Thank You  and Good night!!

I can only agree with this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Project Reality is not dying because for being a old game on an old engine.

Project Reality is dying because of the communities that fighting each other. 

One community trashtalks the other one they would let play cheaters/hackers on their server. Best of the story is, the complaining community lifted a ban from a proofed cheater and now he is free from all guiltiness. 

A second thing is the abusive admin behaviours that scared off new players. Some people cannot play anymore because they are banned on the last active servers and cannot or will not fill up other dead servers without active admins or simple gave up on PR.

But be sure, coop stays longer as deployment. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm thinking.... Arma 3... and it's mods...?

GTFO -- recommended by SolarFlame -- small teams PvP or COOP action (very small teams - it's an alpha/beta)?

Just a couple suggestions... VG could run any game server you guys want!! Seriously, if it can be run on a dedicated server, and you guys wanna try to start something up, VG is happy to provide you with the tools to succeed!

:hi:

... Falcon BMS anyone?  I know... flight sims and combat flight sims not for everyone... and completely different genre ;)

• Upvote 4

ive got Squad and COD MW...i thought have all the mods was gonna be complicated on Arma.

Checking the Steam price

• Upvote 1

Hey GRN&GLD,

Good to see you're still around.

Hater's right, its not the game platform but the actual players themselves that make the difference.

ARMA 3 is an option to go to if indeed PR does go belly up but the Coop server is still well populated due to the new crop of players flooding in we just need the old hands to teach them how to play and I'm sure things will be fine.

I've got Squad too so that could be an option as well, no matter we'll be playing something along those lines, its all about the team work.

Kav

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I am toying with returning to BF3. It's better than BF4 by a large margin. The maps are plentiful and quite big.

Nothing compares to PR but hey, can't play this game solamente.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What about Insurgency Sandstorm. Someone ever played? From clips, it looks promising but is it ????

I dont think we playing squad. No coop mode.

=VG= need a nice game (MOD) with the Option to Play coop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

What about Insurgency Sandstorm.

Yeah i have. Decent game but after a while it seems like it lacks content as games can be quite repetitive (especially on coop mode). Graphics and game play is good but it is more on the hardcore side of things which is good. 

In some game modes it requires good teamwork and comms but mostly it isnt really required. 

Can see it as a good idea for small groups to play on but for large communities not so much, most game can only have a max of 8 players with others having only 4.

Personally i think it is a good game but not one you can dump 100s of hours into, just not enough content.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

You actually have a lot of options with custom settings for servers in Insurgency Sandstorm. One of the servers on my Favs allows 12 people vs 40 bots, it gets fucking laggy when they spawn, but you can absolutely mess with the settings to the way you want to play it. I'm not certain what the max variables are, but I've seen 16-24 Coop mode servers in the browser.

• Upvote 1

PR will never DIE, as most players are in 3rd world countries that are still using old computers, and just like counter strike  : )  it will be around for a long long time  : ) 

Hopefully it will get updated  re moded forever : )  like Elite  

As for good places to play PR well that's down to us lot : ) 

grandpa-1.jpg.eda8ba25c5b7dc4ffd1bc40860e50b27.jpg

Never say DIE  : ) 

Rating: 10/10 - ‎82,576 reviews - ‎US$9.99
Nov 1, 2000 - Counter-Strike. Play the world's number 1 online action game. Engage in an incredibly realistic brand of terrorist warfare in this wildly popular ...
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We should start a squad page to gauge the interest, I'm sure there's several players here who have it already. It would be good to start up a =VG= SQUAD Squad, get to know the controls etc and beat up a few public servers.

Kav

• Upvote 1

Ya..the community hasnt really open its arms to the new player...still fumbling with hotkeys and target ID.  Squads just been tough to learn for me...maybe 20 hours of play

All I have to say is PR isn't going to die any time soon. And if shit really hit the fan... I, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this, will be amongst the first in line to donate whatever amount is needed to keep things going. At the time of this post there's currently a 150 donation drive to help keep things going. I'll be donating either this week or next week depending on how much my son's football gear breaks the bank. Gotta get him ready for the season!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Golden said:

All I have to say is PR isn't going to die any time soon. And if shit really hit the fan... I, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this, will be amongst the first in line to donate whatever amount is needed to keep things going. At the time of this post there's currently a 150 donation drive to help keep things going. I'll be donating either this week or next week depending on how much my son's football gear breaks the bank. Gotta get him ready for the season!

Your donations are greatly appreciated, anything helps - thank you!!  We've been here for 10 years, and we'll be here for another 10 years to come, I promise you that!!  

VG PR COOP isn't going to die -- what he meant was that eventually the player base would dwindle to the point where you could call the game "dead" despite it being playable/functional, a weekend-warrior game -- and if for some reason, we did not make our target support goal(s), we have more than a handful of dedicated VG Alumni who would manage to cover the amount and pay the bills, including myself  - for the record, VG costs well under $2,000 a year to run, I'm a poor ass mofo with a kid in college but I'd sooner go into debt putting it all on a credit card before I saw this ship sink!!

We would have a very hard time making this all work if we didn't have your support, and your dedication to each other, and playing the games you all like at VG.  You all  are  VG - even those who don't get to wear the tags.

But not all games in their current form will be here after that time, and it's just a fact of life:  OP wants to know what direction to go for this same flavor of teamwork focused combined arms military gaming, with kick ass radios/comms like Mumble... There are a few contenders, but nothing will ever take the place of Project Reality.  For that reason, we'll be hosting Project Reality COOP until the R-DEV's physically shut down the PR Master Server(s), and that is NOT coming anytime soon.  For shit sake, they've all been working their asses off to get their latest project released to us all, and they are a very dedicated and talented team.

There's always another good COOP game on the horizon, what you should ask is, what do I and all my PR buddies play at VG when PR COOP gets to boring, or the population is only large enough for good games on weekends and events?

Got a lot of suggestions above:  Arma 3 (vanilla), Arma 3 (mods), Squad, GTFO, even Insurgency is pretty fun...

You all can give up on Project Reality COOP, we just hope you all don't give up on gaming at VG and hanging with all your friends here!

• Like 5

On 12/02/2020 at 9:58 AM, =VG= Vanillapop said:

Could we do a couple of votes of a new game we'd all like to play together?

7 days to die seem fun

On 13.2.2020 at 2:12 PM, Aori said:

7 days to die seem fun

Than you should talk with =VG= Hans and =VG= 1SG.Morrison. They have a 7DtD server running.

• Like 1

I doubt Co-op will live long past pvp. Devs tend to ignore coop and keep it a low priority, they refuse to add maps for just coop. The current map list has grown too repetitive and not very satisfying. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Rabbit said:

I doubt Co-op will live long past pvp. Devs tend to ignore coop and keep it a low priority, they refuse to add maps for just coop. The current map list has grown too repetitive and not very satisfying. 

I really think coop stays longer as deployment. Dont forget the Lan-Partys. We are also Veterans-Gaming. We know how to keep PR coop alive by adding new layers with new GPO's and we know how to modify maps. 

I dont get it why the Dev's not adding a download button for custom maps to the launcher. It is not really important to have coop maps in the core build but spreading the info about custom coop maps and mappacks in the launcher would simplify things but ……. they dont do it.

Also not all Dev's refusing coop. To name a few: Outlawz and Arab supporting coop but getting out the 1.6 release have more prio.

You could be part of it to get coop better dear Rabbit. You was or been an amazing mapper. All the shittalk about how a map should work in deployment doesn't count for coop. Sometimes, the best maps in coop are these ones that are shitty in deployment.

We coop player have a different view on maps.

I wish you would return to PR mapping and finishing/reworking ramadi, sbeneh regio and [insertheremorestuffyoumade]. Your rework on nuijamaa looks great for coop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

I really think coop stays longer as deployment. Dont forget the Lan-Partys. We are also Veterans-Gaming. We know how to keep PR coop alive by adding new layers with new GPO's and we know how to modify maps. 

I dont get it why the Dev's not adding a download button for custom maps to the launcher. It is not really important to have coop maps in the core build but spreading the info about custom coop maps and mappacks in the launcher would simplify things but ……. they dont do it.

Also not all Dev's refusing coop. To name a few: Outlawz and Arab supporting coop but getting out the 1.6 release have more prio.

You could be part of it to get coop better dear Rabbit. You was or been an amazing mapper. All the shittalk about how a map should work in deployment doesn't count for coop. Sometimes, the best maps in coop are these ones that are shitty in deployment.

We coop player have a different view on maps.

I wish you would return to PR mapping and finishing/reworking ramadi, sbeneh regio and [insertheremorestuffyoumade]. Your rework on nuijamaa looks great for coop.

Outlawz and Arab do work on coop, but its up to non coop devs to ship it. Even though outlawz fixed some coop layers/maps immediately after an update, look how long it takes to actually get them for us.

I dont want to return because the devs wont add my maps. Spyker and I literally had to lie to them about who made the Iron Ridge remake to get it added. And we tried coop map packs but because of the lack of a aforementioned reluctance from the devs to add a custom map downloader map packs are pointless.

6 hours ago, Rabbit said:

Spyker and I literally had to lie to them about who made the Iron Ridge remake to get it added

Why?  Was there a string of mistakes back in the day that caused a loss of confidence?  Or was it a social/personal conflict thing among team members?  That just seems so illogical.  We had an issue once with someone who had an issue with our PR COOP Server lead reviewing their work before it made it onto our server live... I could understand that shit.. but a working remake of a good map?  I don't get it....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Why?  Was there a string of mistakes back in the day that caused a loss of confidence?  Or was it a social/personal conflict thing among team members?

Mostly the last part of this sentence.

• Upvote 1