Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

OPFOR weekends/days for PR?

Carkidd

Was a matter of creating custom settings for the Opfor COOP maps to work, otherwise the BLUFOR AI would just stand around or something stupid, I forget.  Anyway, basically, any time a PR update would occur, these changes would need to be made again..... for... every... map....

Not sure it could become a permanent thing, because after the third patch update in as many months, Melon realized the scope of what it would entail to keep up that option here at VG, and we had to move on without it.

Just a little info on that.  It wasn't that it was unpopular, though there are those who greatly disliked it so also greatly disliked having to take a day off from their favorite COOP server, but it was a technical thing (along the lines of consuming too much personal time)

• Upvote 3

i can't say exactly why but i liked the opfor days because there was a different mood. however, I like the mec or rebel map that we currently have not so much. but can’t even say why.

although I can understand if you would like to have a scope after a few rounds of opfor. after "felt" 8 hours of ghosttrain, muttrah is a blessing.

how about project unreality? boxing fights, or only local voice one big team on food against tanks, human vs bots and humans, more bots?!?, stronger bots, knife only pvp or sniper / specforce only, PR Quake, dessert racing, air shows, forklift racing or fighting , motorcycle race, ...

of course not all day, just a few hours and locked?

• Upvote 1

Good to hear that the 1.6 update is still coming!

On 1/16/2020 at 8:44 PM, =VG= TEDF said:

Could put up another small event for the one of the coming weekends if people are interested.

Definitely up for that! Something to break up the monotony of everyone knowing these maps like the back of their hand is always nice.

Never understood why some people hate them. OPFOR puts everyone in brand new situations and makes you actually think about your attacks instead of running through the maps the exact same as we always do, and it's always fun when you're an 'insurgent' faction and everyone gets really silly with it, charging in big mobs and yelling like idiots. Fun to use the Milita, Rebel, and Insurgent kits we normally never touch too.

• Upvote 1