Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation Frosty Dagger

=VG= Sausag3

On 1/24/2020 at 8:14 AM, =VG= Blazer said:

Awesome - Also a Tad surprised you didnt go for ACE

Or ACRE, or any radio mod... People are use to that stuff, and it's not hard to train up in a pinch, too.  Just FYSA  -- totally cool to use TS3, we can always get into more stuff down the road.  We have a lot of interest from old and new members for Arma mods servers, so this is just the start of things to come!
:hi:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, =VG= l3RY4N said:

I've created a Steam Workshop collection for those that are too lazy to look up all the mods one by one. this way you'll just have to click the "subscribe to all" button.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1980039013

Alternatively, you can also just go to Library -> Arma 3 -> Workshop -> Hover over Browse and select Collections (pic below) -> search for Operation Frosty Dagger -> subscribe to all

Legend

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 7:23 AM, =VG= l3RY4N said:

Hope you dont mind me using the VG icon

Please do!!! You ARE VG - all of the resources of VG including pictures, the website, and the dedicated game server are at your disposal and should be considered tools for you to use anytime you want to do a project.

If any VG member need access to something, or help with making something work in an area where we are unable to grant access to every VG member, we will do what we can to make it happen.  Want to dedicate yourself to hosting a new game server along the lines of what we play here?  Propose it, we'll get it installed, you put in the time, manage your baby, make it your own thing at VG - totally cool.   Anything you want, game servers, a forum section, gallery section, website element, some website forms for bug reporting on some gaming/other project your working on at VG? I'll toss something up and work it out on the backend of the website.

Most recently, I'm using this website to power my voice control projects.  We can make stuff happen if you want to get creative with anything, and always feel free to use any VG imagery or resources to promote or create VG related stuff!!!  Again, all of you with VG tags ARE VG - it's your community, and those of us who push the buttons and pull the levers are happy to help you make VG even cooler if you want to step up in any way!

:hi:  Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Guys I'm sorry, I have to give my absence on the last minute. Within the last few days I suddenly booked a skiing trip, won tickets to Madrid and got a new girlfriend, and now I'm racing around to get my shit together :assassin:  I cannot make it this time, but will look forward to the next one!

• Like 1

Server is now set-up with mods and shows in Arma Launcher that will grab mods on connect.

Steam Listing: VETERANS-GAMING | OPERATION FROSTY DAGGER | TS3.VETERANS-GAMING.COM
Game port: 2302
Password to connect: event

Still awaiting complete mission file so i have left a custom mission running.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Update/Bump:

If you have not downloaded all the required mods please urgently download them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! The mods required require a few Gigs of space and downloading will require some time. DO NOT LEAVE IT TILL LAST MINUTE!

2 Ways of Downloading all the mods effectively:

Find the server that is currently open and running (Playing a custom game) and attempt to join FROM THE LAUNCHER!

This will download all the mods required and will prepare you for the event on the 8th.

Steam Listing: VETERANS-GAMING | OPERATION FROSTY DAGGER | TS3.VETERANS-GAMING.COM
Game port: 2302
Password to connect: event

Use the steam workshop link below to subscribe to a collection (kindly assembled by =VG= I3RY4N) that contains the majority of the mods.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1980039013

If any additional mods are required with short notice, they will be small enough to download at the time of the event from the launcher, so no need to worry if anything else needs downloading. As long as the CUP and BAF mods are downloaded before the event, you'll be fine.

Good luck, and hope to see you all on the event this saturday

x

S

• Upvote 3

same here -- downloading mods and all that today, set up settings and controls if needed, etc.  Very busy with my grow, just harvested; spending my days with sticky fingers and scissors, and my nights working on my voice control stuff...  Really looking forward to the event tomorrow!  :hi:

• Like 1

Thank you all for taking part in my first event and first VG event of the year. Finally lots of good people brought back together for a good time!

Hope y'all had a smashing time getting butt fucked by vodka fueled lunatics.

In the meantime you fucked them up big time on their end. Crippling nearly a quarter of their armed forces in the whole region. Good work guys!

The start was a bit slow. as last minute changes were made.  some even had difficulties joining the server. but all eventually got fixed.

Thanks to those who tested out the mission and gave some good feedback. (Mines were amazing, thanks bliz).

What a great way to end the mission with a good ol fashioned nuke. lol

Hope yall enjoyed. There will be another event in the making soon. 

Leave your Feedback and suggestions below, would be much appreciated.

See yous on the next one

Image result for nuke

• Upvote 3

Thanks for organizing that event @=VG= Sausag3, it was my first ARMA 3 event and I had a ball or should I say "balls"?

It was a lot of fun and I know you and the guys put in a lot of effort to make it happen, top job!!

I was pretty sceptical that we would make it past RV1 but we kicked ass and completed the entire mission, even though you nuked us all at the end!

Permission to kill the commander!!!?

Awesome team work all round.

Well worth the pain in the ass of downloading every damn mod on steam rofl!

Well done!

Kav

• Like 2

Well done, probably the best arma 3 event i have every taken part in (although it was my first lol). It was really good fun and a good laugh.

I think the mission idea was great and not too complex just following the trail of enemies from rv to rv.

As for my suggestions for the next event, I think it would be good fun having a convoy mission through takistan with ambushes on the way to a compound of some sort and then a defence or maybe just picking up supplies to go to the next compound.

Whatever you decide to do im sure it will be great.

Thanks sausage.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, =VG= Sausag3 said:

Thank you all for taking part in my first event and first VG event of the year. Finally lots of good people brought back together for a good time!

Hope y'all had a smashing time getting butt fucked by vodka fueled lunatics.

In the meantime you fucked them up big time on their end. Crippling nearly a quarter of their armed forces in the whole region. Good work guys!

The start was a bit slow. as last minute changes were made.  some even had difficulties joining the server. but all eventually got fixed.

Thanks to those who tested out the mission and gave some good feedback. (Mines were amazing, thanks bliz).

What a great way to end the mission with a good ol fashioned nuke. lol

Hope yall enjoyed. There will be another event in the making soon. 

Leave your Feedback and suggestions below, would be much appreciated.

See yous on the next one

Image result for nuke

17 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Thanks for organizing that event @=VG= Sausag3, it was my first ARMA 3 event and I had a ball or should I say "balls"?

It was a lot of fun and I know you and the guys put in a lot of effort to make it happen, top job!!

I was pretty sceptical that we would make it past RV1 but we kicked ass and completed the entire mission, even though you nuked us all at the end!

Permission to kill the commander!!!?

Awesome team work all round.

Well worth the pain in the ass of downloading every damn mod on steam rofl!

Well done!

Kav

13 hours ago, Hoops0320 said:

Well done, probably the best arma 3 event i have every taken part in (although it was my first lol). It was really good fun and a good laugh.

I think the mission idea was great and not too complex just following the trail of enemies from rv to rv.

As for my suggestions for the next event, I think it would be good fun having a convoy mission through takistan with ambushes on the way to a compound of some sort and then a defence or maybe just picking up supplies to go to the next compound.

Whatever you decide to do im sure it will be great.

Thanks sausage.

That was an excellent event!  I'm sure I was useless to Ciro as I felt like a noob again, and I hope my shit talking was not taken too seriously when I was venting frustration about the game  (i.e. last minute mod additions to a scheduled event, walking too far, getting a vehicle pickup, threatening to shoot people in the face for breaking "the 4th wall" regarding Sausag3's DM style enemy/scenario direction)

Took me back to the old days at VG when we made a big push into Arma 2 (and a little into A3).  We need to re-build the Arma division at VG!  This mil-sim is truly awesome, and perfect for the VG gaming style!

... another blast from the past - the epic VG Arma 2 Insurgency Server music video - 8 years ago....dang!  We need to make a new one for Arma 3 now I suppose:

• Upvote 2

OOh... I'm snagging that old VG PayPal graphic! Front page update coming!   ... (edit: aaaand... DONE.  that was fun! hope everyone likes the new look below the ZULU clock :hi: )

2 hours ago, =VG= l3RY4N said:

Just standing there in awkward silence cause the guy next to you was in a different squad was weird. Arma communication system really isnt the best.

WIth ACRE you know, anytime you talk (or use PTT if active) it transmits on the 'direct' channel where anyone in earshot can hear, even if you use a short or long range radio to talk to someone actually in your squad far away.

With default A3 you manually have to change your 'channel' from Group to Side or Global, or Vehicle, or Direct - as desired.  You are so right - really is not the best!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2