Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation Frosty Dagger

=VG= Sausag3

OPERATION FROSTY DAGGER (ARMA 3)

08/02/2020

2000hrs GMT

Max 20 Players On Event!

5e192da111ece_OperationFrostyDagger.thumb.jpg.0137d38d21f3cdf74f675da450affd71.jpg

EVENT BRIEF:

WHO: 

OUR TEAM: British Armed Forces - 7th Infantry Brigade - 1st Battalion (Royal Anglian Regiment) - D Company - A Platoon

ENEMY TEAM: Chernarus Russian-Backed Seperatists

OBJECTIVE:

Using the British FOB set up in the Castle, Set up attacking patrols to clear out Enemies positioned in nearby villages

Hold a Defensive Position on the Last RV and expect enemy Rapid Reaction Forces to attack your position (They can come from anywhere)

Intelligence about where enemies are, will be linked to the RV points on the MAP - Will be Marked in RED

EXPECT LIGHT ARMOUR, MOTORIZED INFANTRY OR TRANSPORT HELICOPTERS IN THE RRF!

TIME FOR AMMO WILL BE PROVIDED AFTER EACH COMPLETED ASSAULT ON AN RV!

MAP.thumb.jpg.361ef24c06b50cf2bb06cee0b64ef609.jpg

ASSETS:

• 1x MAN HX60 6x6 Infantry Truck
  • 2x MAN HX60 6x6 Ammo and Equipment Truck
  • 1x MXT-MV

RULES:

• The Basic ARMA VG Rules Apply
  • All Transport Vehicles Carrying Troops must dismount near RV-1 Before proceeding the patrol 
  • ALL PLAYERS MUST REMAIN AT CASTLE UNTIL COMMANDER GIVES GO AHEAD TO START PATROL
  • TO JOIN EVENT PLEASE COMMENT WHICH SQUAD YOU WANT TO BE ASSIGNED TO AND WHICH ROLE YOU WANT TO PLAY AS (LIST WILL BE PROVIDED)

MODS LIST:

• CBA_A3
  • 3CB BAF Equipment
  • 3CB BAF Weapons
  • 3CB BAF Vehicles
  • 3CB BAF Vehicles (Servicing Extension)
  • 3CB BAF Units
  • L3A1 Bayonet - 3CB
  • RKSL Studios: Attachments v3.01
  • CUP Weapons
  • CUP Vehicles
  • CUP Units
  • CUP Terrains - Core
  • CUP Terrains - Maps
  • Interiors for CUP
  • Enhanced Movement
  • Advanced Towing
  • Blastcore Edited (standalone version)
  • Bloodlust
  • Camofaces
  • Shacktac User Interface

SQUAD LIST:

THERE WILL BE 4 SQUADS IN TOTAL

To get registered for this event please comment the squad you want to take and which available role you want to take - I will update as time goes by

ALPHA SQUAD (1)

1. SQUAD LEADER = =VG= keed

2. MEDIC = Hoops0320

3. MEDIC = =VG= Orracis

4. AUTO-RIFLEMAN = JCLA

5. HEAVY AT =  =VG= TEDF

BRAVO SQUAD (2)

1. SQUAD LEADER = =VG= Ciro

2. MEDIC = =VG= SemlerPDX

3. MEDIC = =VG= .Blizzard. (tentative)

4. AUTO-RIFLEMAN = Finsam

5. HEAVY AT = 

CHARLIE SQUAD (3)

1. SQUAD LEADER = 

2. MEDIC = 

3. MEDIC =

4. AUTO-RIFLEMAN = 

5. HEAVY AT = 

DELTA SQUAD (4)

1. SQUAD LEADER = =VG= Kavelenko

2. MEDIC =  =VG= Fastjack

3. MEDIC = = VG= Blazer

4. AUTO-RIFLEMAN = =VG= I3RY4N

5. HEAVY AT =  =VG= Deathdealer

Update/Bump:

If you have not downloaded all the required mods please urgently download them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! The mods required require a few Gigs of space and downloading will require some time. DO NOT LEAVE IT TILL LAST MINUTE!

2 Ways of Downloading all the mods effectively:

Find the server that is currently open and running (Playing a custom game) and attempt to join FROM THE LAUNCHER!

This will download all the mods required and will prepare you for the event on the 8th.

Steam Listing: VETERANS-GAMING | OPERATION FROSTY DAGGER | TS3.VETERANS-GAMING.COM
Game port: 2302
Password to connect: event

Use the steam workshop link below to subscribe to a collection (kindly assembled by =VG= I3RY4N) that contains the majority of the mods.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1980039013

If any additional mods are required with short notice, they will be small enough to download at the time of the event from the launcher, so no need to worry if anything else needs downloading. As long as the CUP and BAF mods are downloaded before the event, you'll be fine.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =VG= BinkleDinkle said:

Will Tin Foil Hats be permitted headgear?

Only when Last RV is cleared and everyone is waiting for the RRF.  -  Because you might as well meme if you are gonna get fucked up!

But you will have to find it in the village as.. It's the enemies "special" equipment 

3 hours ago, =VG= Acro1 said:

Can I volunteer for UAV just to get some inpromptu Arma 3 co-op footage without actually participating in the mission :P ?

Sure, But if you don't want to participate then don't give away any enemy positions lol

#MongCam :lol:

*UPDATE*

Please make sure you Download the mods listed below way BEFORE the EVENT... As if you download it when the event has started, you'll be waiting so long for the download to complete, that by the time your download finishes, our troops would be back in England plowing your Mrs.

Download them manually by going to the workshop, Copy and Paste the name of the mod and subscribe to the appropriate mod.

MODS LIST:

• CBA_A3
  • 3CB BAF Equipment
  • 3CB BAF Weapons
  • 3CB BAF Vehicles
  • 3CB BAF Vehicles (Servicing Extension)
  • 3CB BAF Units
  • L3A1 Bayonet - 3CB
  • RKSL Studios: Attachments v3.01
  • CUP Weapons
  • CUP Vehicles
  • CUP Units
  • CUP Terrains - Core
  • CUP Terrains - Maps
  • Interiors for CUP
  • Enhanced Movement
  • Advanced Towing
  • Blastcore Edited (standalone version)
  • Bloodlust
  • Camofaces

There will be potentially more mods on the event. but I know it wont be a big deal to get the other ones early as they won't take long to download compared to these mentioned above. 

WE NEED MORE SIGNUPS PLEASE!  - To those who verbally said they want to take part on TS please comment on the forums to make it official!

Cheers

S

@=VG= Kavelenko - So, those mods would basically download when you join the server, you don't have to do anything, and with that list, you can simply open the mod folder after the event and delete them.... The space they will take up on a hard drive which has no write limit to exceed would be less than a few GB of data, many of those mods I recognized as rather small in size.   Buy the ticket, take the ride - it's worth it.

With mod events, we will have the server up and running the day before the event (or maybe a few) so people can join, try out the mods in some generic map, make sure they're all working if needed - but seriously, Arma has come a long way since the Arma 2 days and SixUpdater.... Just assume everything will be fine because we'll have tested it prior to the event.  Only thing to consider is not joining the minute the event starts if your internet is slow to download files from the VG Main Dedicated Server which is located in Germany (with seriously high bandwidth).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Count me in. Put me in Kav's Squad. Role - i dont care - SL (Kav) have the last word on this what he need.

@Kav: 

The Event running with faction from these days. Sofar i understood we dont want to play with the futuristic shit.

In Arma 3 isn't a GB faction or US faction or RUS faction.

Lets Play with the toys from today.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:58 PM, =VG= Fastjack said:

No ShackTac Movement?

Update - Shacktac will be added into mod list. 

I had it on hold due to other players not being able to play servers with shacktac installed - Issue for them has been fixed. So Hold has been removed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1