On 11/6/2019 at 11:18 PM, zero_tolerance_s said:

Hahahaha! Good try Alaura! :acute:You ping your own comp! ^^ 

Actually i live in oklahoma, so i couldn't of pinged my own computer. Good try tho.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 12:04 AM, Alaura said:

Actually Kansas city is in Missouri

dos KFC colonel sanders live there ? can you play multiplayer on ping back in an internal loop hahhah 

On 11/8/2019 at 4:28 PM, FinWeirdo said:

Im affraid to overfeed the gerbil that runs the dynamo that powers my internet....

Dont be afraid just get breading stock and more sunflower seeds, then offer them credit for productivity, food consumption will increase as well as metabolic rate  : )     

• Upvote 1

On 8.11.2019 at 9:17 PM, Alaura said:

Actually i live in oklahoma, so i couldn't of pinged my own computer.

cmd --> ping 127.0.0.1

that should also work in oklahoma :3:

but a ping of real zero is technically impossible. It always takes time until a file or pack arrived. even if it gets faster and faster, a latency of 0 does not work. even a € 3,000 audio interfaces have a latency. which is only at 1.4ms but less is currently not possible. 

but you should not trust this speedtest in general. If you test on 5 different servers, you get 5 different results. If I use this speed test and use an American server, I have a better ping than if I take one from Bonn (50 minutes away from here). You can roughly measure the speed, but if you have a ping of 1, 20, or 50, you can not tell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I prefer https://testmy.net/ because I can set parameters, have a better choice of servers, etc. etc.  Also tests Up and Down separately.  If you need to troubleshoot your Twitch live stream, you don't use Ookla Speed Test, you use testmy.net

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, =VG= SolarFlame1 said:

Its possible to have latency less than 1ms. If you ping your local gateway, youll likely get less than 1ms. 

the example with the audio interface is of course not recommended for networks and should only show that it is technically not possible to have a ping of 0 because it takes time to calculate and process. you can get latencies under 1ms in a network but not 0ms. and at audio cards you just dont get less than 1.4ms. but that will be happen in a few years...

On 11/13/2019 at 9:31 PM, =VG= SolarFlame1 said:

Its possible to have latency less than 1ms. If you ping your local gateway, youll likely get less than 1ms. 

Ping also measures round trip time (RTT), ie to the destination and back. 

Tell that to Alura :rofl:

• Like 1

Yea, with a ping like that, I wonder if she's some kind of emergent sentient a.i. like Binary or something... Are you, Alaura?  Are you a bot?  Is this why you asked me all those questions about my personal preferences and asked me to choose an update schedule? :tatice_03: (j/k) haha

southpark-ad-finale-hed-2015.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1