Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Server Issue - Faction Crashes

=VG= Kavelenko

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to begin a thread about server crashes that are caused by factions, perhaps a collective approach to solving this problem would help us to come up with a suitable map rotation or at least a list of maps that should not be set based on the current map setting.

@=VG= Melon Muncher please feel free to chime in here and describe how this issue can happen.

My understanding is that if the next map contains a faction that is the same as the current map the server will sometimes crash. Not sure if that is accurate because I've never managed to replicate this problem in local or on a live server. Could we start this thread off with what others know about this problem? Is it real? How often does it happen? Can you reproduce a crash by having two particular maps follow each other?

cheers,

Kav

• Upvote 1

From my understanding its related to voice each faction use. Going from  Shijia to Vadso where we play as British on both increases to the chances of the server crashing. This issue won't crash every time,  think it was meant to be around the 2/3 chance each time. Remember Double posting about this last year will add link to post once i find it. 

The voice groups:

• Argentine - arg82 
  • GBEnglish - gb and gb82
  • MEC - mec, fsa, meinsurgent, taliban, arf and hamas
  • English - us, usa, cf, vnusmc, vnusa
  • CH - ch and vnnva
  • Hebrew - idf
  • RU - ru and chinsurgent
  • FR - fr
  • Dutch - nl
  • Polish - pl
  • German - ger

Table of Blufor factions on each map:

GB IDF Rus US / Canada Chinese Dutch Ger PL Fr MEC
Al basrah Asad Khal Assault on Grozny Assault on Mestia Black Gold Drove Drove Winter Iron Ridge Nuijamaa Sbeneh Outskirts
Burning Sands Beirut Kozelsk Bamyan   Route E-106 Lashkar Valley* Outpost** Op Marlin  
Dragon Fly Bijar Canyons   Battle of Ia Drang     Silent Eagle* Shahadah Sahel  
Fools Road Gaza   Charlies Point     Ulyanovsk   Xiangshan  
Goose Green     Hill 488            
Hades Peak     Jabal Al Burj            
Op Ghost Train     Kashan Desert            
Op Soul Rebel     Khamisiyah            
Shijia Valley     Kokan            
The Falklands     Korengal Valley            
Vadso City     Muttrah City            
      Op Archer            
      Op Barracuda            
      Pavlovsk Bay            
      Qwai River            
      Ramiel            
      Saaremaa            
      Tad Sae Offensive            

*Get death screen server crash nearly every time on these (not tested on the server for awhile as don't want to risk it crashing when people are on it).

**Mumble doesn't work due to typo (is known issue. Not sure if fixed in last patch as remember Kav saying he played it on another server)

Picking map(s) from different column each round should be able to avoid chance of voice related crashing. Going Kashan>Black Gold>Khamisiyah for example should be fine.

Think there is chance of getting kit-less bug going from German to Dutch maps. Used to happen, not sure if it still the case.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

The fly south crash bug is fixed, where ya been?

I have been under the sea for months,,,, lol wow its fixed joy  thanks for keeping my favorite game patched up. : ) whoever solved it  : )  bad players always exploited the bug to crash the game.   

7 hours ago, =VG= BinkleDinkle said:

From my understanding its related to voice each faction use. Going from  Shijia to Vadso where we play as British on both increases to the chances of the server crashing. This issue won't crash every time,  think it was meant to be around the 2/3 chance each time. Remember Double posting about this last year will add link to post once i find it.

Picking map(s) from different column each round should be able to avoid chance of voice related crashing. Going Kashan>Black Gold>Khamisiyah for example should be fine.

Think there is chance of getting kit-less bug going from German to Dutch maps. Used to happen, not sure if it still the case.

Has this been reported on the PR Forums?  If so, did it include crash dumps and logs?

12 hours ago, =VG= Skitalez said:

Karbala's return to the map list 😒

Like Kav said, the Fly South Bug is fixed - but what is the deal with Karbala?  Should it be disabled pending review/investigation?  We shouldn't have any broken maps in the rotation, if it's FUBAR, let us know and we'll sideline it.

So, rather coincidentally, I was reporting a crash that Xenalite and I noted on the 20th, and I'd like to find out if it is part of this same issue, or something different.  But I need some direct information to correlate with any crash dumps or logs that pile up on the server.

If anyone would like to help, please report if the server crashes in a manner that you are certain is related to this phenomenon that you all have noted from time to time, please note the time (in ZULU/PRT) and the map (preferably the previous/current/next maps if known)  and also a direct report of what happened to you as a client (CTD, or crash to menu, any messages shown by PR or Windows, any odd sound or visual events to note, anything might help however small).

I will gather that information and cross reference it with the dump file created on the server, and start assembling little packets of information around them and .zip'ing them up for later, putting them into categories as it's not helpful to report the same error over and over, just unique ones.  If these are all the same thing, that will be helpful to note, but if certain maps have their own little quirks that make us think one thing or another, that will show through in the crash dumps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Far as i know it's an known issue. Remember Double talking about how he and couple R-Devs were looking into the issue late last year whilst seeing if they could get different voice factions to work on the same map. Not heard anything on it since. No idea if fixed or just put on back burner for ww2 development as work around is to have different voice faction on next map. 

Karbala doesn't have any coop layers as it got a rework in passed update so lacks nav mesh and isn't in the maplist at the moment.

I've just checked Lashkar Valley STD out on my local server and it crashes immediately, 3-3 times. So if someone can confirm that by checking it on the live server sometime, I think we have a map that should be removed from the rotation. I've tested Lashkar ALT and INF, both of them seem to be ok.

I also checked Vadso City STD and noticed that at the air port objective flag some bots are getting stuck between the buildings and trying to get around past some pipes, potential crash there perhaps?

screen009.thumb.jpg.2cab704e41c2a0be55f7d9e46ebcf5a0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1