Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Campaign Challenge Level

Griffin

Firstly thanks you for hosting an on going campaign for us to utilise. It's a great service  and much appreciated (and yes, I have donated :))

Two things really. Could the level of difficult be raised a little to give a better challenge and lastly could the progress of the campaign be monitored as the longer it runs it seems we run out of enemies to fight against!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey thank you very much for the donation, man! :drinks:

I've been meaning to spend some time re-configuring the base campaign that we run, including improving the weather model and adding a few more aircraft options.  I'm going to take advantage of the big server maintenance day coming up at the end of the month to get this done.

I'll be restarting it to Day 1 later this afternoon, someone is flying right now.  We'll keep closer eye on the campaign day, I just noticed today that it was up to day 20, and we generally notice a need to restart it around day 12 to 14.  This is only due to real life projects that have monopolized my time just recently and I've simply forgot to check.   As we more forward, a few regulars have stuck around and stepped up over the years, and I've been training them on managing the server so that I'm not the only one with access.

A fun project for the future would be a small hook for the server to push some info to a .php table here on the website, but for now I'll just be mindful to keep a closer eye on the server when I go AWOL for a stretch. :hi:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it had crashed.  Thanks for the report - I've restarted to the last auto-save, it's running now.  :hi:

P.S. I've not had time yet to work on the campaign file yet, but it's on the list and I've got plenty of free time coming up starting as early as this weekend or next week.  I expect it to be that way through New Years, so looking forward to get some more regular flights in as well.  See you around!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...