Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Need help making a blueprint prototype

Vanillapop

What Keed said ^

What is the product, and do you need 2D or 3D results? I can do esthetic, polygon-based 3D-modelling and vector drawings. If you want to design an object as a blueprint for 3D printing or schematics for assembly, I could help you. If you need a parameter-based design (high mathematical accuracy) for eg injection molding or if you need it digitally stress-tested, I'm not equipped for that.

Give us some details Nillie, we'll shoot you all the help we can.

• Upvote 1

I've taken an idea past the design phase and nearly to the patent phase before I decided the venture would end up rather out of my scope, requiring a manufacturing investment on my part greater than 50% to retain ownership of my own idea and product.

In that time, I learned a lot about such projects.  Namely, you can't do it alone, and you'll need to protect yourself as you go.  First step would be to form (in your country/province) a simple company that can hold the ownership of the assets and ideas, to which you are the controller.  In America, a limited liability company would be the way to go, setup fees and process are very simple and online resources abound.  Find something like that for yourself.

From there, you can start to get help from one or more consultants or contributors, and for that you really want to have them sign a non-disclosure, non-circumventing, non-competing agreement.  This makes it possible for you to share information that is sensitive with people you need to help you along the way.

You will want to review and tailor to your needs, but here is an example: 

sample-NDA-NCV-NCP.txt

*You must have forms like this created correctly or they may not be legally binding, make sure all information is correct, and all should be well.

14 hours ago, =VG= Vanillapop said:

Thanks for the legal stuff semler, I am in the process of forming the company and getting my idea on paper so I can go get it a patent hence why I'm not disclosing too much info on here 

I'm only working part-time. So once you get the company stuff sorted you can hire me as a business consultant ☺️

Haven't done that in a while. 

• 2 weeks later...

It highly depends on the complexity of the item/'s you are creating. Blueprinting is something I've done in the past and product drawings etc but I've not really designed and developed a large amount of interlocking parts etc. It really depends what you're attempting to design, if it has a large amount of electronic parts, if you have the specifications for those parts. Bashing out a blueprint wont take long generally but each individual size requirement length requirement and decline in tolerances complicates things. 

Generally speaking hand drawing blueprints will give you much faster results than developing using a program of some sort, takes a lot of skill to get accurate CAD drawings of anything that starts to get complicated and you'd also have to have access to some serious development software to get anything worth its weight. Pencil and plotting paper is the way to go. 

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest. Brutally honest. You need some sales and marketing support. I don't want to be an asshole, but everyone knows I am anyway, but your presentation isn't very good. 

Please take this the right way. 

Few points. 

It's unclear what the product is. 

How it's useful. It's presented very poorly. 

There's no real reason to back the project because it lacks a real outcome. 

For example you don't offer your backers anything. 

I know you probably have a very good idea and probably a good product.

But you need to sell man. 

This is not the way to sell. You need to convince people. You can't be that guy on the market with a loaf of bread hoping someone will buy it. 

PM me if you want advice. I'm happy to help. 

• Upvote 3

Yea, it's a good product, I'd pay up to $45 US for something like that.  I do outdoors a lot, if you're in my neck of the woods, if you don't know your trees, tossing your towel over a branch to dry can end up sticky with sap, and on the beach you have pretty much just the chair you brought, and maybe a picnic blanket, nothing to hold a towel/hat/etc.  On that note - those hooks should have a small clasp, one thing that sucks when hanging things outdoors is that unexpected wind gust that takes your clean, carefully hung items and ruins the whole point of hanging it by getting covered in sand like velcro. Just an idea, any small thing that keeps the hooked item from just flopping right off would be sweet (but I know you already have your design, etc.).

+1 for marketing - pics, infographics, a small vid (once you get a working prototype)... This is just the first steps, but like Jersans said, basically if something is worth doing, it's worth doing right!
Make the thing out of some recycled plastic that is actually CO2 pulled from the air through sustainable renewable energy made from unicorn farts and vegan dung beetles.  You get the idea: buzz words. ;)

To quote the great Yogurt,
"Moichandising!"

Spaceballs the Pumpkin.jpg

now for some comic relief:

Great name idea:  "Handy Hooker"  Because life is always more fun when you have a Hooker Handy! :tatice_03:

• Like 2

On 2019-10-17 at 9:14 AM, Jersans said:

To be honest. Brutally honest. You need some sales and marketing support. I don't want to be an asshole, but everyone knows I am anyway, but your presentation isn't very good. 

Please take this the right way. 

Few points. 

It's unclear what the product is. 

How it's useful. It's presented very poorly. 

There's no real reason to back the project because it lacks a real outcome. 

For example you don't offer your backers anything. 

I know you probably have a very good idea and probably a good product.

But you need to sell man. 

This is not the way to sell. You need to convince people. You can't be that guy on the market with a loaf of bread hoping someone will buy it. 

PM me if you want advice. I'm happy to help. 

Point taken guys I'm getting a couple of marketers to write up a description for me and I'd love some help on how to write it too, today im off to some metal shops to get see if they can make the prototype.

• Like 1

Nice thing, get 2 and ya got a washing line :) i'm sure people will buy it.  good for keeping food out of reach from ants.  hanging lights from, do a USA flag version and your rich : ) 

hooo and if you can play PR you can play CAD software, u do't get banned on CAD : } 

If you want some company to make them they will ask for CAD flies even if its a paper cup. I'm a big kick starter fan : ) : ) : ) go get some wing nut $$$$$ and see what you can do. :)

backers

$85

pledged

see people will buy it nice one : ) : ) 

This place has 10000s of small business's that will make you a UFO and cheap : )

China number one : ) 

https://www.alibaba.com/

Hit the government non taxable income ceiling before doing any paper work and tax  : )  

He who dares wins ............   good luck